PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next I Need You! (Archetype for Bard and Monk)

PapaQuackers
2016-09-07, 10:55 PM
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has any conversations of the Pathfinder archetypes Drunken Master Monk and Magician Bard for 5th edition. I'm running a Pathfinder campaign currently and we're thinking of making the transition into 5th. My players want to retain their current characters thematically and at least somewhat mechanically. I also have a player who using a homebrew variant of the Machinesmith that I made but I'll worry about that later.

So could I get some help? I'm brand new to 5e so I can't really do the brewing myself.

clash
2016-09-08, 09:39 AM
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone has any conversations of the Pathfinder archetypes Drunken Master Monk and Magician Bard for 5th edition. I'm running a Pathfinder campaign currently and we're thinking of making the transition into 5th. My players want to retain their current characters thematically and at least somewhat mechanically. I also have a player who using a homebrew variant of the Machinesmith that I made but I'll worry about that later.

So could I get some help? I'm brand new to 5e so I can't really do the brewing myself.

I am unfamiliar with Pathfinder but this may help for the monk. http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2015/05/drunken-fist.html

Grod_The_Giant
2016-09-08, 03:22 PM
For the bard... just a straight Lore Bard seems like it does the trick for a magically-focused bard? Maybe trade Peerless Skill for the ability to spend Inspiration Dice on Counterspell checks, and Cutting Words for the ability to spend Inspiration Dice to boost (your own) spell attack or damage.