PDA

View Full Version : Warlock/bard optimization, thoughts please

NecroDancer
2016-09-09, 09:50 PM
Me and my friend came up with this build: fey warlock 7/satire bard 13. You gain acces to 2 level 4 spell during a short rest, mist escape (which is really good), tumbling, exspertise, inspiration, song of rest, detect thoughts shenanigans, and 7th level spells.

It makes sense lore wise, what self-respecting Archfey wouldn't have a minstrel or jester in their court?

The only thing you lose are some meh 8th level spells and sadly your 9th level spells, but I feel everything else makes up for it.

I want to hear the playgrounds opinion on this build, is it good, is it bad, is it in the middle? Feel free to comment.

With thanks,
NecroDancer

Specter
2016-09-09, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't call Glibness a meh spell. But I get your point.

If going for damage EB + Agonizing Blast as per uj. For control, bard gives you a lot. As for social, Expertise. Looks like you got many options, have your pick.

Navigator
2016-09-09, 11:48 PM
Best thing you can do to make the build better without much impact to the concept is go Warlock 6 / Bard 14 instead. At Bard 14 you get a set of Magical Secrets for 7th level spells. Just having access to plane shift is better than your short rest spells being 4th IMO. Depending on how cheesy you really want to get you could also pick simulacrum.

That being said, my personal preference would be Warlock 2 / Bard 18. You get pretty much all the Bard stuff and also have the best cantripping in the game.