PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Wolverine totem options

clash
2016-09-20, 09:56 AM
Here is my idea for adding the wolverine animal to the barbarian totem options. I would love to hear some feedback to fine tune this. In case it isn't evident, the goal is to make wolverine from the xmen playable in d&d.

Totem option
3 Totem Spirit: Wolverine
While raging you regain hit points equal to your constitution modifier at the start of each turn. The spirit of the wolverine bestows you with the ability to keep going after any hit.
6 Aspect of the Beast: Wolverine
You gain the viscous natural weapons of a wolverine. You gain a set of claws that deal 1d6 dmg and on any turn you attack with your claws on one hand, you can make an attack with the claws on the other hand as a bonus action. These claws count as magical for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
14 Totemic Attunement: Wolverine
While raging you gain the feral senses of a wolverine. You have a heightened sense of hearing and smell. So long as you can hear and smell invisible or unseen creatures don't gain advantage on attack rolls against you and you don't have disadvantage on attack rolls against them.

Lalliman
2016-09-20, 10:34 AM
The Totemic Attunement is super situational, totally not on-par with the Bear's passive taunt, the Eagle's limited flight and the Wolf's no-save bonus action knock-down. Not sure what you could use instead, but I'll give it some thought.

Since this is obviously a dual-wielding character, you might want to allow Str to damage with the off-hand attack, since a single-classed Barbarian has no way to get that. I think it's fine to just give it for free with Aspect of the Beast. With the Rage damage bonus, your damage output will be slightly higher than when fighting with a great weapon (ignoring Great Weapon Master), which it should be because you're spending your bonus action.

The rest looks alright.

clash
2016-09-20, 10:58 AM
Updated the claws to make a bonus attack instead of using twf rules. I will update the level 14 ability when I come up with something.