PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Dragonfire Adept, 5E style and hopefully balanced.

Pivotal
2016-09-20, 06:34 PM
Dragonfire Adepts are my favorite class from 3.5 and I wanted to play it in 5E, but all the homebrew I found of it, was either very overpowered or it didn't feel like a proper 5E class in the way it was built. So this is my attempt at creating a balanced class, that feels both like the old class and a proper 5E class. This is mostly possible because of the similarities it has with the Warlock. So in some ways this is a cross between a draconic sorcerer and a warlock, but I've borrowed a lot from the original class as well.

I would love all kinds of feedback on this. The most important part for me right now is balance. Especially something that is stupidly weak or stupidly strong. Balancing some of this stuff has been really hard. I've also tried to compare the class at certain levels with optimized builds of other classes and from what I can see it seems fine mostly. However, no other class has this kind of AoE cantrip, so its hard to compare. I have however tried to make it mostly strong in CC and limit the damage.

Here it is: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/r1-m5qe03