PDA

View Full Version : Original System I have a well developed systemless setting. My two go-to systems are nixed. What now?

tantric
2016-09-25, 03:34 AM
I've been working for several years on a campaign setting based on the myths and cultures of Bantu Africa. It is totally unlike Nyambe or most other current setting - it's purely one meta-culture, very well researched. no 'dark continent', the main culture is magitech powered continent spanning empire. here, look: - nevermind, 3 more posts and i can give you a link to the PDF.

I think in GURPS, but SJGs wants nothing to do with this or me. I showed it around to some HERO people, even he guy who wrote the core books (he liked it), but i can't get a co-author to do the technical stuff and i just don't grok HERO. so FATE? Savage Worlds? DnD would break the concept, unfortunately.

suggestions?

khadgar567
2016-09-25, 03:48 AM
First take a deep breath and tell us every thing about your setting the only thing i understand from that brief pharagraf you have a magitech tribal africa as your focus and you want to publish it
so any setting info like what is your elfs like. What is main magic of setting some thing like akashic mysteries where you conjure spiritual gear with specific benifits or we have regular wizard clone focused magic system were figter sucks while wizard is jack of all trades minus punching some one in the face. Is divine requiring constant blood sacrifice to be effective. What is the tech level is guns on table or there is mechs hiden in abandoned temple were only the chosen 5 year old snooty brad can control

so we need info man

tantric
2016-09-25, 12:14 PM
First take a deep breath and tell us every thing about your setting the only thing i understand from that brief pharagraf you have a magitech tribal africa as your focus and you want to publish it
so any setting info like what is your elfs like. What is main magic of setting some thing like akashic mysteries where you conjure spiritual gear with specific benifits or we have regular wizard clone focused magic system were figter sucks while wizard is jack of all trades minus punching some one in the face. Is divine requiring constant blood sacrifice to be effective. What is the tech level is guns on table or there is mechs hiden in abandoned temple were only the chosen 5 year old snooty brad can control

so we need info man

this is because i wrote that post with a link to the 150pg PDF of my system - but it got canned cause i'm too new. maybe it will work now, let's see...no. i need 2 more posts. how about this:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0By0YPcc_zNYnU0J5YjZNbHFQLTg <---- to get my WajabuPDF cut and paste that

there are no elves in Wajabu. the waKonyingo are elflike:

The waKonyingo or waKyambi are the Heavenpeople who live on the summits of mountains and in their own magical country (Ukonyingo, of course). They have the same ebon skin as other peoples in Wajabu, but have long, straight hair with a greenish sheen. Their trademark feature is their tails, which are very animate and expressive, and fully prehensile. They are somewhat shorter than humans and lithe. WaKonyingo are extremely long-lived, easily
reaching six centuries. Unlike most races, they do not experience senescence.

but they are not really a PC race. the closest i have to demihumans are waZimwi/ogres and !Tsharg/sentient baboons. african ogres are cool, though - and there are other nonhuman options.

the magic is bantu african magic - the way it works in their cultures/myths. as 'classes' you might have fetish sorcerers (witchdoctors), elementalists, drummer bards, craft mages, herbalist/druids, book sorcerers...lots.

just look at the pdf.

khadgar567
2016-09-25, 12:27 PM
welcome to forums mate sorry for previous posts interrogating approach my idea is helping you to get 3 posts while getting some info about your setting and your link is probably bust it send me to my personal drive so if you want to answer my post why not answer with bit of summary were you tell some info about your setting like what is the main continent? small list of races like

humans of <inseart country or tribe> are proud of beings capable of great warriors who uses their superior training to combat their foes
elves of <inseart country> are most skilled in magic of all land they often have peerless understanding of arcane magic
you can also make brief synopsis of your settings tech levels in summary

Grod_The_Giant
2016-09-25, 12:48 PM
I take it you want to commercially publish this? I'd look into OGL systems-- Fate uses it, I know, as does Green Ronin (Mutants and Masterminds/True20).

tantric
2016-09-30, 06:32 PM
okay, i'm now allowed to post links, so here they are:

WajabuPDF (https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0By0YPcc_zNYnU0J5YjZNbHFQLTg)
WajabuMap (https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0By0YPcc_zNYnMTdheTg2WDF3X1E)