PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Divine Sorcerer Origins - My Take

JumboWheat01
2016-09-26, 10:15 AM
We all remember the Favored Soul in the Unearthed Arcana, yes? Extremely powerful compared to other Sorcerers. Well, using the same basic idea, I decided to try my hand at drawing up more divine Sorcerer origins. I want to try to edit them out so they seem on the same general level of the other origins, so let me know what I can change without it being some ridiculous power jump. Plus I'm doing this because I'm starting to doubt that these two will ever be made into their own classes.

Favored Soul
<insert fluff here>

Chosen by the Divine
--Starting from the 1st level, you chose spells from the Cleric spell list rather than the Sorcerer spell list. You also use a Holy Symbol as a spell focus, rather than an Arcane Focus.

Divine Training
--At 1st level, you gain proficiency with Light Armor, Shields, and Simple Weapons

Channel Divinity
--Starting at 6th level, you gain the Channel Divinity: Turn Undead feature. You must finish a short or long rest before you can use the Channel Divinity: Turn Undead feature again.

--Channel Divinity: Turn Undead
----As an Action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer, censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.
----A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feat of you. It also can't take any reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

Divine Wings
--Beginning at 14th level, you gain the ability to manifest a pair of wings made with divine energy. As a bonus action on your turn, you can create these wings, and they last until you dismiss them as a bonus action, or you lose concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell.) You can use these wings while wearing armor, as they do not grow from your body.

Destroy Undead
--Beginning at 18th level, when you use your Channel Divinity to Turn Undead, you can spend Sorcery Points to destroy the undead instead of turning them, if they fail their saving throw. A Sorcery Point is worth one CR, so if you spend five Sorcery Points, you can destroy undead with a CR of five or less. You can spend no more than half your level in Sorcery Points to use in this feature.

Shaman
<insert more fluff here>

Spirit's Chosen
--Starting from the First level, you chose spells from the Druid spell list, rather than the Sorcerer spell list. You also use a druidic focus as a spell focus, rather than an arcane focus.

Wild Training
--At First level, you gain proficiency in light armor and simple weapons.

Spirit Guide
--At Sixth level, you learn how to cast the Find Familiar spell, but only as a ritual. It does not count against the total number of spells you know.

Spirit's Protection
--Starting at Fourteenth level, you gain resistance to Necrotic damage and are immune to possession.

Forced Possession
--Starting at Eighteenth, you can take an Action to coerce the spirits to possess a creature you can see within 30 feet of you. At the cost of five Sorcery Points, the target is either Blinded, Deafened, Frightened or Incapacitated (your choice,) if they fail their saving throw. This effect lasts ten minutes, until you dismiss the spirit as a bonus action or lose concentration (as if concentrating on a spell.) If the creature succeeds on their saving throw you can't use this feature on them again for 24 hours. You still lose the Sorcery Points.
--For the duration of the spell, you can spend another Sorcery Point to either change the condition affecting the creature, or to extend the spell duration by another minute. There is no limit to the amount of bonus Sorcery Points you can spend on this ability.