PDA

View Full Version : A question about a Murder in Baldur's Gate?

Hopeless
2016-09-26, 02:53 PM
Just picked up a copy of this and the Legacy of the Crystal Shard that composed the "Sundering" series and I was wondering about the story as I so far understand it.
Rather than have Adrian attacked by the last other Bhaalspawn they arrange an assassination courtesy of the help of 2 of the resulting 3 options to become the new God of Murder.
The idea is that Vyrkling or whatever he's called gets the two lords help so Torlin can succeed Adrian as Duke, but blames the leader of the group protecting the peasants Torlin wants either dead or expelled from the city.
The resulting fight causes enough death to allow Vyrkling to ascend becoming the new God of Murder but leaves Torlin and the other lord to assume the blame for the horrifying catastrophe.

Does that sound a better scenario to you?

Also regarding the player characters...
Adrian is their patron he has long suspected he isn't the last Bhaalspawn, but is unaware of Torlin's involvement.
He recruits them to investigate a threat to the city unaware the start of the game is intended to end with his death at the hands of a group of assassins Torlin blames the lower class for even though killing Adrian isn't in their best interests at all!

Not so sure that works better, but it would explain why they're approached by the various groups seeking their help.

How did you handle this?

Hopeless
2016-09-28, 02:56 PM
So noone ran this?

Was hoping to get another impression on whether this would be a good way to handle this?

Is this the wrong place to discuss this?

j_spencer93
2016-09-28, 03:00 PM
I ran it. Wasnt bad, but was slow. Your idea is fun, the mission itself is very basic can even do with a little DM restructuring.