PDA

View Full Version : Sculptor of Life [Eberron PrC]

The Demented One
2007-07-09, 11:12 PM
Sculptor of Life

The Artificers of Eberron are masters of creation, capable of forging the most powerful of magic items and weaponry. Some have even unlocked the secrets of creating magically-animated constructs, from lowly homunculi to inhumanly powerful golems. Some Artificers, mostly Dwarves and Gnomes, have chosen to focus on the creation of constructs, raising it to a form of art. Known as Sculptors of Life, they are masters of sculpting constructs from stone, capable of creating replicas of life so cunningly made they can hardly be told apart from the genuine article. Sculptors of Life can create animated statues that are near-perfect duplicates of living creatures, even to the level of mimicking their special attacks and qualities. The most skilled of Sculptors are even said to be able to impart intelligence to raw stone through sheer force of will.

d6 HD

Requirements
To qualify to become a Sculptor of Life, you must fulfill all the following criteria.
Feats: Craft Construct
Skills: Craft (Stoneworking) 10 ranks, Spellcraft 10 ranks, Use Magic Device 10 ranks
Infusions: Must be capable of casting 3rd-level infusions.

Class Skills
The Sculptor of Life’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (Architecture) (Int),
Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Craft Reserve|Infusions

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Sculpt Animate Statue|+1 level of craft reserve|

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Graven Images|
–|+1 level of existing infusion-casting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Strength of Stone|+1 level of craft reserve|+1 level of existing infusion-casting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Cunning Sculpture|
–|+1 level of existing infusion-casting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Awaken the Stone|+1 level of craft reserve|+1 level of existing infusion-casting class[/table]

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Sculptor of Life prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
You gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Craft Reserve
Whenever you gain an odd Sculptor of Life level, you receive bonus XP for crafting items as if you had also gained a level of Artificer. You do not, however, gain any other benefit an Artificer would have gained.

Infusions
Whenever you gain a new Sculptor of Life level except 1st, you gain new infusions per day and spells or infusions known as if you had also gained a level of Artificer. You do not, however, gain any other benefit an Artificer would have gained.

Sculpt Animate Statue (Su)
At 1st level, you gain the ability to magically animate statues that you have made. You must first sculpt the statue, requiring a DC 20 Craft (Stoneworking) check. The raw materials required to create the statue depend on its size. A Medium-sized statue weighs 200 lbs. and requires 300 gp worth of stone as raw materials. For each size larger than Medium, multiply both the weight and cost of the raw materials by eight. For each size smaller than Medium, divide both the weight and cost of the raw materials by 8. Thus, a Gargantuan statue requires about 50 tons of raw materials, worth 153,500 gp, while a Tiny statue requires 3 pounds of raw stone, worth 5 gp.

Once you have completed your statue, you must animate it. To animate the statue, you must spend 8 hours in meditation, ritual, or other preparations for the animation. At the conclusion of your preparations, you must expend 75 xp per HD of the animated statue to be created. Once animated, the statue has the same statistics as any other animated object of the same size. You can only create a number of animated statues whose HD total to 4 x your caster level for casting infusions. In addition, you cannot create an animated statue with HD that exceed your caster level.

Graven Images (Ex)
At 2nd level, whenever you craft a statue, or craft the body of another kind of construct out of stone, you may choose to make it a near-perfect replica of an individual creature. Doing so increases the DC by 10. If you then animate it, then the animated statue or other stone construct is treated as being constantly disguised as the individual creature you modeled it on, with a Disguise check equal to the result of the lowest Craft check you rolled when creating it.

Strength of Stone (Su)
At 3rd level, you can imbue your statues with extraordinary resilience. All animated statues or other constructs made of stone that you create gain damage reduction, which can only be overcome by magic weapons. The exact amount of damage reduction depends on the statue’s size, as shown below:

{table=head]Size|DR
Tiny|1/magic
Small|3/magic
Medium|5/magic
Large|5/magic
Huge|10/magic
Gargantuan|15/magic
Colossal|20/magic[/table]

In addition, when animating the statue or construct, you may choose to expend an additional 500 xp. If you do, then the damage reduction changes to being overcome only by weapons that are both magic and adamantine.

Cunning Sculpture (Su)
At 4th level, you can bestow special abilities on your statues or other constructs made of stone. To do so, you must use your graven images ability to make the statue or construct a replica of a specific creature. If you do so, you may grant the animated statue or construct any of that creature’s extraordinary special attacks or special qualities when creating it, by spending an additional 250 xp per special attack or special quality. The only kind of abilities you cannot grant are those with a DC that is Constitution-based.

Awaken the Stone (Su)
At 5th level, you can do more than give animation to your statues–you can also imbue them with a mind. When you animate a statue or another mindless construct made of stone, you may expend an additional 5,000 xp. If you do, then that statue or construct also becomes intelligent. It gains randomly rolled Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores equal to 3d6. Although constructs awakened this way do not serve you mindlessly, as their unawakened brethren do, its attitude towards you is always initially Helpful, and it remains that way unless you severely abuse the statue.

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-10, 12:30 AM
Ooh, nice, a stonesculpting class. :smallneutral:
...No comment.

The Demented One
2007-07-10, 06:35 PM
Ooh, nice, a stonesculpting class. :smallneutral:
...No comment.
Is it that bland?

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-11, 12:06 AM
No, it's because
1) I don't know what an Artificer is.
2) I don't know what a craft reserve is.
3) I don't know what an infusion is.

I like how they can create statues and even give them a mind of their own (although I've had a nasty sessions involving the all-powerful slaves of a almost-that-powerful sorcerer that wonder, "Why again do we do what this fool says? Let's go kill our master and be free!" Stupid players. They used charm person. Grumble.)
my favorite skill would be graven images for its name (reminds me of graven monoliths from Nightfall) and strength of stone for the alliteration. The others have average names. Why again am I criticizing skill names... oh yes, because presentation counts.
.................................................. ................
:neutral:

Gaelbert
2007-07-11, 01:05 AM
I haven't looked at my Eberron stuff in awhile, but I like it. It looks like something a dwarven artificer would take.