PDA

View Full Version : Index The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2: The Sequelization

Zaydos
2016-09-30, 11:39 PM
Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror

Welcome witches and ghouls, and frightening goblins and horrors one and all to the return of the Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror. I will be your MC of the bone garden, the ever skeletal, ever undead Zaydos, so please let me show you the way into a labyrinth of fear and fright.

Like last year, from now till All Hallow's Eve I will be collecting any submitted Horror themed homebrew here within the Harvest. Submit it here and it will be added to the little bone garden growing in this thread. So have no fear and bring it here. Whether dark mages, new undead, magical weather of horror, or whatever you desire. Bring me your darkness and dread and let us make a carnival of terror together.

Personally I will be creating and posting a variety of horror themed homebrew over the next few weeks, and kicking us off with some rather quick and easy variant zombies in Variations Upon a Theme - Zombies. I will attempt to post at least one piece of Halloween homebrew each day until Halloween has come and gone, though I lack a stockpile or even a plan for them this time, and I cordially invite you to bring your own to bare, so check back here every day because I might not double post to say oh yeah I updated. While I will be primarily dealing in those pieces of work which fit into Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, and maybe trying my first foray into homebrewing 5e, all systems are welcome. So let us join together to make it a season of terror and a Happy Halloween :xykon:

Now of course this is a sequel so it has to have some random changes from the original. Notably I will be creating a Variations Upon a Theme thread each week (till the 28th) focusing on a classic horror element (ok mostly undead) found in D&D and you are welcome to contribute there (contributions on these will not be posted separately here as... well it's another index all its own), and after each week I will pick my favorite contribution in that week's Variation, and if people want to I will let people vote for their favorite variation as well. So let me know your opinions on that.

CropFarmerDescription
Variations on a Theme Zombies (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502261-Variations-on-a-Theme-Zombies)We will seeVarious zombie-based brew.
Corpse Binder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502323-Corpse-Binder-(Binder-PrC-Halloween-Harvest-of-Horror)&p=21261054#post21261054)ZaydosBinder who reanimates the dead by sticking vestiges in them.
The Reaper's Tune (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?499566-Songs-of-the-Bards-Expanded-Bardic-Music-Options&p=21261072#post21261072)ZaydosBardic Music feat for reanimating the dead
Bone Knights (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502399-Bone-Knight-(undead-template-Halloween-Harvest)&p=21263747#post21263747)ZaydosIntelligent, often skeletal, undead.
More Horror Film Vestiges (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?453098-Horror-(Film)-Vestiges&p=21268812#post21268812)ZaydosGodzilla, Jason, Freddy, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon as vestiges.

SunderedWorldDM
2018-10-24, 07:46 PM
Fear-Feasters (a 5e race that has not been tested for balance)

Some terrifying creatures stalk the night. A few take humaniod form and prowl the waking world to inspire terror in the hearts of those young and old. Called in whispers as Fear-Feasters, these nefarious fiends seek only to scare the world into submission, then draw the world into the shadows of their sinister home, the Shadowfell.

Ability Score Increase. Your Strength and Dexterity scores both increase by 1.
Physical features. You are either Small or Medium (your choice), have a speed of 30 feet, have Darkvision out to 90 feet, and are typically Chaotic Neutral if not any shade of Evil.
Sunlight Aversion. You take 1d6 radiant damage and have disadvantage on all ability checks, saves, and attack rolls when you start your turn in direct sunlight.
Terrifying Limbs. You have a reach of ten feet.
Skills of the Night-Hunter. You gain proficiency in one of the following: Acrobatics, Deception, Persuasion, Stealth, Sleight of Hand
Shadow Step. As an action, you can travel through the Shadowfell to gain the jump on enemies. You can move up to double your speed without provoking opportunity attacks. In addition, you can move through other creature's squares. Once you use this ability, you cannot use it again until a short or long rest has passed.
Master of Fear. You are immune to the Frightened condition. In addition, when a creature within 30 feet of you is Frightened, you gain a number of temporary hit points equal to your proficiency bonus. Once you use this ability, you can't use it until after a short or long rest.
Subrace. Choose one from Ringmaster, Cadaver, or Wendigo.

RINGMASTER
The peeling paint of the abandoned circus is your domain. Whether you take the form of a terrifying clown, a leering ringmaster, or a contortionist made of porcelain, the fright of the masses is your end goal.
Ability Score Increase. You can call the attention, and terrify, anyone. Increase your Charisma score by 1.
Whimsy. Your creature type is Fey.
Fortune-Telling. You can cast Augury once with this trait. Once you use this ability, you can't use it again until you've finished a long rest.

CADAVER
You are the ghost in the doll, the shambling zombie, the scarecrow left its post. You take the guise of a tortured form from beyond the grave to tear life from the living!
Ability Score Increase. The clammy flesh of your form is hardy and durable. Increase your Constitution score by 1.
Undead Resistance. Your creature type is Undead. You also have resistance to poison and necrotic damage.

WENDIGO
The feral cannibal in the woods, the masked killer with the blood-soaked blade, the beast-not-a-beast stalking you at night. You embrace the animal inside, showing your primal ferociousness and bloodlust to strike terror into those you hunt.
Ability Score Increase. Your bestial nature makes you unnaturally strong. Increase your Strength by an additional 1.
Feral. Your creature type is Beast.
Stalk and Pounce. When you move 10 or more feet before grappling a creature, you have advantage on the Athletics check to make the grapple.
Meat 'n Gristle. You can eat anything.

Requilac
2018-10-27, 09:45 AM
I wasn't exactly around for the 1st competition, but my specialty in homebrewing has been horror for a while so I have some things that I believe people here may like to see. All of my content will be for D&D 5e. I may not be working with stuff as conventional as Zaydos' zombies, but it is horror nontheless.

My first submission will be the Necronomicon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?561968-The-Necronomicon-an-gt-30-page-long-Lovecraftian-Mini-Supplement-(Completed-amp-Edited)); a currently 32 page long document detailing a collection of races, classes, feats, and monsters (the monsters take up more than half the document) based around Lovecraft's cthulhu mythos. I have gotten pretty good reviews on it so far and the only complaints I have heard are apparently based around grammatical errors which I still can't detect.

My second submission is going to be a collection of homebrewed monsters called the Yubsharasehn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?564017-Yubsharasehn-Vampyres-four-original-homebrewed-monsters). The Yubsharasehn is one monster that goes through four life stages that represents a new take on vamprisim, with a misquito's proboscis and a fey nature. It won 1st place in the Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?560102-Monster-Design-Contest-Chat-Thread-Shapeshifters!-5E).