PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 5e Brewery Collaboration for Halloween 2016

Gr7mm Bobb
2016-10-06, 06:58 PM
Ok peeps, lets try something. Think of your favorite superhero/anithero/villain/or just plain comic book character. Now lets try and cram it into 5e. Granted the brew won't be nearly as broken as most comic book characters, but that's ok, the goal is to get close. Then we'll try and offer criticism on the parts of homebrew that matter to us. For example I'm working on a Ghost Rider themed patron for the warlock. SOO WHO's UP FOR IT?

Potential Categories?
Fun
Cool
Balanced
Thematic
Clarity

KoyukiTei13
2016-10-07, 03:59 PM
Which class do you think would fit a Deadpool archetype? Fighter, rogue, or something else?

Spiderman as a fighter would be neat.

Superman and Supergirl as a race would be fantastic. I vaguely remember seeing a Kryptonian race somewhere on Reddit or elsewhere...

Wonderwoman would be neat as a fighter archetype - Lasso-ist Martial Archetype or Amazonian?

Any of the X-men would be fun to do as races/archetypes - could you imagine a Magneto in a dungeon? ALL YOUR SWORDS ARE BELONG TO ME

Gr7mm Bobb
2016-10-07, 06:22 PM
Which class do you think would fit a Deadpool archetype? Fighter, rogue, or something else?

Spiderman as a fighter would be neat.

Superman and Supergirl as a race would be fantastic. I vaguely remember seeing a Kryptonian race somewhere on Reddit or elsewhere...

Wonderwoman would be neat as a fighter archetype - Lasso-ist Martial Archetype or Amazonian?

Any of the X-men would be fun to do as races/archetypes - could you imagine a Magneto in a dungeon? ALL YOUR SWORDS ARE BELONG TO ME

Deadpool, maybe like a Ninja (rogue with monk archetype that uses Cha instead of wisdom)? Or maybe dervish style with a mix of champions "you're just awesome" theme?

Spidermonk? Unarmored bonus, awesome constant effects and ki points for "spells"

Mutant racial template? they almost all have a flaw to overcome and the powers are often not perfect.

Also realizing that maybe making a modified vengeance pally or barbarian would work best for ghost rider (or even the headless horseman of sleepy hollow).