PDA

View Full Version : The Convexity Thread

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 11:38 PM
The Depression thread is necessary and useful but also, well, depressing. Everyone's gonna have a low point in their day/week/year/life, but there's also gonna be high points. So howsabout a place to exhibit all your highs, victories, serendipities and small pleasures to counteract the gloom and doom found elsewhere?

I, for one, have just been told that I did not, in fact, fail a class my results say I failed :smallcool: Which is good, as I've never genuinely failed a class before and I'd prefer not to start now...

RationalGoblin
2007-07-10, 11:58 PM
I've survived the day with little suffering. That's good enough for me. :smallsmile:

But then again, a high point in my life was.. hmmm.. hmmm... Well, how about when, no, thats not it... Ah! The day I realized my true potential in life. It was glorious.

Quite honestly, I don't care enough to have bad or good days, except for a few tidbits a couple of times each week.

Perhaps I'm a bad example for this kind of thread. My life's great, but I don't treat it that way. In fact, I rarely treat anything as incredibly good or bad. I'm like a robot.

zeratul
2007-07-11, 12:03 AM
It actually seems to be going well with the girl I like! I could see it going well anyway.

Lemur
2007-07-11, 12:04 AM
I got to see someone use the word "convexity". That's good enough for me.

ForzaFiori
2007-07-11, 12:07 AM
the chick i like recently dumped her bf. :smallsmile:
thats about as good as it gets for me.

Serpentine
2007-07-11, 12:08 AM
It was either that or "happiness", which just seemed camp :smallyuk: I'm glad 'twere such a shining point in your day, though :smallsmile:

Aramil Liadon
2007-07-11, 12:45 AM
The raspberries are in full... eatableness, there are still a few strawberries left, I found my first ripe blackberry in the woods, the gooseberries are still edible, the sorrel is still not quite off and I don't mind that woody flavor that rhubarb gets at this time of year.
On a related note, I'm growing.

I also got my report card today!
95% University Functions and Relations (grade 11)
93% University Physics (grade 11)
85% Histoire canadienne - 20eme siecle (grade 10)
92% Computer Science (Grade 10)
So tell me mate, what grade am I in? And who's voice am I thinking of?
Yes, Barbossa. "So tell me mate, after killing me, what was it you were planning on doin' next?

Yiel
2007-07-11, 12:48 AM
I get to leave work in 30 minutes! Definitely the high point of my day.

mikoto
2007-07-11, 10:05 AM
I finally made honour roll the year universities start looking at my marks

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-07-11, 10:07 AM
Today I added a new word to my vocabulary. I call it "convexity". Since knowledge=power, I therefore became slightly more powerful today.:smallamused:

Charity
2007-07-11, 10:20 AM
Ah but Deatho what have you forgotten today? eh.

I'm just plain old in a good mood today.
Depite being plain and old
Oh and I have the day off tomorow,
and I got to call Tom a northerner again,
and I find that certain terrible rumours are not true which is a huge relief.
and my female counterpart in the colonies (oh she's gonna love that!) is all loved up again.

keep counting those blessings folk.

Rawhide
2007-07-11, 10:49 AM
It was either that or "happiness", which just seemed camp :smallyuk: I'm glad 'twere such a shining point in your day, though :smallsmile:

Try gaiety/gayety

Khantalas
2007-07-11, 10:51 AM
It seems the gayest point in my life was right before I was conceived.

Things got progressively worse after that.

Indon
2007-07-11, 11:24 AM
I learned what Convexity is!

Does this mean that concavity is having a bad day?

Xerillum
2007-07-11, 11:28 AM
I made you a funnel cake! But I eated it.:smallfrown:

Dr. Bath
2007-07-11, 11:40 AM
I got myself a tablet (about a week ago)! Hooray for me! I have waited ages to gather enough money, and now it's mine, all mine! Bwaahahahaha!

Also, I ate some of my homegrown strawberries today, they were exceptionally delicious.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 12:13 PM
I tried a thread like this before, and it faded away into unknownness.

For a good feeling, I sometimes go back to my senior year of high school. Mind you, I hated almost every aspect of my life then. But that was the year we did Fiddler on the Roof as our musical. While I didn't get the role of Tevye, I got my second choice: Perchik.

To be sure, I looked like a dork during the brief dance number I had. I don't have two left feet...I have two left everything. No matter how much help I receive, I can't dance. But what I CAN do is sing, and the role of Perchik offers a semi-solo, "Now I Have Everything." (His romantic interest has a few lines tossed in during the bridge.) My ability to belt out this tune earned me the greatest drug on Earth: a standing ovation!

*pleasant sigh* The good memories are out there. I just have to look a little harder to find them. :smallsmile:

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-11, 12:23 PM
I also got my report card today!
95% University Functions and Relations (grade 11)

Good for you. I failed that class way back in grade 11 (for some reason, I was dead set on being a forensic chemist back then). Might've had something to do with the fact that I never did my homework.

Took University/College Functions the next year, did my homework, got the highest mark in the class. Go figure. :smalltongue:

However, this year (3rd year university):
The English Romantics - A
Modernisms - A
Modern and Postmodern Conditions - A
Modern Drama - B+

Got a pretty letter from the university telling me I was on some academic achievement list somewhere...top 5% of arts students, apparently. *shrug*

Ranis
2007-07-11, 12:30 PM
I finally saw a doctor who looked at my chest today! It's a good thing.

(My lungs are probably inflamed and there may be something wrong with my heart, though.....)

Syka
2007-07-11, 12:30 PM
I got my first Greek test of the term back...92%. I was so terrified I failed it after I came out of there, but I was just overthinking everything. :smalleek:

The guy I'm dating is coming to visit this weekend (and is bring up a couple things I left at home, like clothes and my Social Security card so I can get a job). I didn't realize I didn't have my Social Security card until....yesterday. And I can't get a job without it. And I kinda need a job. :smalltongue:

Um. I'm alive and breathing. I always see that as cause for rejoicing. :smallbiggrin:

Cheers,
Syka

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-11, 12:31 PM
Got a letter from my best friend, just come back from volunteering at Rainbows and I'm eating my favourite meal; fish and chips. Also I'm reading an absolutely amazing book too. Small things make me happy. And I've added a new word to my vocab

Narmoth
2007-07-11, 05:26 PM
I have gotten together a band. It's a parody of something called "arian black metal".
We had our first rehearsal with most members today, and it wen't well.
I have also denied a person who was more or less godmodding on the town-forum (he made himself invincible) the pleasure of defeating a baatazu. (well, this was yesterday). This was so fullfilling only because he was so annoying and tried some things that was just sad.

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-11, 05:31 PM
I attended my sister's BA graduation today. It was wonderful to have the whole family brought together showing our mutual love and support, and I feel really happy for my sister and everything she's achieved.

My relationship with my girlfriend is just getting stronger all the time, and we both love each other very much.

So all in all, life is more good than bad at the moment.

Arang
2007-07-11, 06:06 PM
I came here thinking the thread was about glasses. Still don't know what convexity is, but just yesterday, I got appreciated. Which felt very good.

Serpentine
2007-07-11, 06:53 PM
Does this mean that concavity is having a bad day?
Well, it does mean you're in a bit of a low :smalltongue:

I tried a thread like this before, and it faded away into unknownness.
I remember that one. I don't really expect this one to last very long, but while it does, it'll make me feel better ^_^

MandibleBones
2007-07-11, 07:10 PM
I'm going home on two weeks of leave... TOMORROW. Needless to say, I'm pretty bouncy right now. (Also caffeinated, since I got very little sleep last night due to opening night of Potter V).

It's a convex sort of 24-hour-period.:smallcool:

Ceres
2007-07-11, 07:41 PM
I'm happy :smallsmile: Life is good. I haven't been really depressed for years, and it doesn't seem to change. I live in one of the best countries in the world, have everything I need. Have people I love, and people who love me. I feel invincible :smallbiggrin:

Yey life!

FdL
2007-07-11, 08:56 PM
Next week I begin my winter vacations from work, 2 weeks off.

And I still believe in love.

Zephra
2007-07-11, 09:52 PM
I'm almost always happy. Today I found out that I might be living away from home in the fall. I love my family, but that's exiting. Everything's just great, no sarcasm. Things are going well for some of my best, best friends, too. :smallwink:

:smallbiggrin:

Tom_Violence
2007-07-11, 10:00 PM
Ah but Deatho what have you forgotten today? eh.

I'm just plain old in a good mood today.
Depite being plain and old
Oh and I have the day off tomorow,
and I got to call Tom a northerner again,
and I find that certain terrible rumours are not true which is a huge relief.
and my female counterpart in the colonies (oh she's gonna love that!) is all loved up again.

keep counting those blessings folk.

I'm from London!!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/AgnosticTom/map-england.jpg

See the difference? Tsk. Just for that, I give you this (not for the faint-hearted):
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/AgnosticTom/Horse.jpg

My day is now good provided that at least one person's eyes were ruined by what just happened.

SDF
2007-07-12, 12:13 AM
Ooh, ooh, me! I had a good day!

I aced my summer chem class, the only one to do so.

And my Rickenbacker 350V63 came in today, BEAUTIFUL (pics in You thread) after 7 months of waiting and borrowing friends guitars ELATION.

Here is hoping my haircut tomorrow will make me a chick magnet >_> :smalltongue: Nah.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-12, 08:17 AM
Although I will be giving my exams till July the 20th and the next exam period begins on August 27, I'm really happy!
My cousin from the States came to Greece (haven't seen him for 6 years) and he'll come to Athens to visit me and then go to the islands together! We have a great time when we're together and I'm so excited!
My boyfriend and I also have a really nice time these days (we've been together for 3 years, and it's getting better all the time!) yesterday we walked for many hours at the Acropolis(Parthenon) hill, then we sat near some ancient ruins, listened to a guy who was playing some middle-ages songs with his floute, ate ice-cream with many many flavours, talked about everything, the sunset was so red and everyone in the streets was so calm and happy! Then we met our friends and all ate together, I had a really great time!
This summer is great and if I suck in my exams, I still got the September option! I'm only young once and I'm gonna have the time of my life, during these holidays! Yayyyy! :biggrin: :cool:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-12, 03:24 PM
the girl I like accepted that I like her though she has a boyfriend that she likes and now she's acting happy towards me,that makes me happy..........

Swedish chef
2007-07-12, 03:28 PM
I gopt phoned by a recruitingcompany today. I have an interview for a job on monday. This makes job number 3 I'm waiting to hear results about. Things are really starting to move around over here.

Keep your fingers crossed for me on monday will ya?

Castaras
2007-07-12, 03:30 PM
Lets see...

Our school had a Sports Day, and our team won the tug of war today! Yay for sports day! Yay for an excuse to miss the worst day's lessons! WOOHOO!

Khantalas
2007-07-12, 03:37 PM
the girl I like accepted that I like her though she has a boyfriend that she likes and now she's acting happy towards me,that makes me happy..........

Yes! Convexity for everyone because the girl they like likes them even though she has a boyfriend!

Wait, why is that a happy occasion again?

Who cares?! Be convex! You'll feel miserable once it hits you anyway! :smalltongue:

Pyro
2007-07-12, 03:37 PM
I'm going to the beach for a week in two days wooooooo! @^^ You're in school, its like the middle of summer vacation.

Syka
2007-07-12, 03:50 PM
Rogue...I'm so totally jealous. :P I want to study abroad in either Italy or Greece. My major is Classics so I'm just "Grr" in a "I wish I was you" sort of way. ;) It must be awesome living near so much history.

In other good news...I have a shirt that is a small. That fits me. :D Normally I'm maybe a medium, usually a large. I haven't been an extra large for a couple years, but I used to be. *happy dance* I'm still generally med-lrg, but having a small really does wonders for ones ego.

Cheers,
Syka

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-12, 03:53 PM
Rogue...I'm so totally jealous. :P I want to study abroad in either Italy or Greece. My major is Classics so I'm just "Grr" in a "I wish I was you" sort of way. ;) It must be awesome living near so much history.

In other good news...I have a shirt that is a small. That fits me. :D Normally I'm maybe a medium, usually a large. I haven't been an extra large for a couple years, but I used to be. *happy dance* I'm still generally med-lrg, but having a small really does wonders for ones ego.

Cheers,
Syka
To bolster your convexity still further:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lhx0r2N0dw&NR=1
An adorable fox

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-12, 04:41 PM

You should see where I live :smallwink:
It's about 20 minutes on foot from Acropolis. I really love ancient greek mythology, I can talk about it for hours. If u ever come here, just let me know and I'll show ya everything! And feel free to pm me for any questions u may have about Greece/ greek stuff :smallsmile:

Oh and, Serpentine, thank you so much for this lovely thread!! It really makes me happy! May Selune bless you :smallbiggrin:

Syka
2007-07-12, 04:57 PM
*drools* You just made the jealousy worse. If I ever do come to Greece, trust me...This board will know. Florida, other than St. Augustine, is kind of lacking in historical sites. Especially ones that interest me.

I'm finishing up Greek 2 this summer term and I start translating Plato in the fall. I wonder if we'd be able to converse in Greek...;) Even though mine is ancient.

Oh...on topic...Hrm..Well, Skenardo made it better. :smallbiggrin:

Cheers,
Syka

Flabbicus
2007-07-12, 04:58 PM
Is it still 115 degrees in Athens? Because that made the Acropolis nearly unbearable when I was there a few weeks ago.

I'm happy I checked my first paycheck. :smallsmile: Now to wantonly spend all the money on the intarwebs!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-12, 05:07 PM
We got used to it. I don't know how you count temperature, it's 40 C degrees now, but with the wind and the sea I can stand it. This summer is hot in all ways :smallbiggrin: The temperature sucks but I'm soooo happy, nothing can spoil it!

Jack Squat
2007-07-12, 05:27 PM
I just got hired :biggrin:

now, this was at a place that I worked last year, and only went back because my contacts for a flight school and for a insurance agency won't call back, but I'm glad to be getting a paycheck again.

Plus by coming back I got a 75 cent raise to 6.50!

Flabbicus
2007-07-12, 05:30 PM
We got used to it. I don't know how you count temperature, it's 40 C degrees now, but with the wind and the sea I can stand it. This summer is hot in all ways :smallbiggrin: The temperature sucks but I'm soooo happy, nothing can spoil it!

I was there during the heat waves. :smallannoyed:

^ Guh? Isn't that below the minimum wage rate?

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-12, 05:42 PM
We still have a nice heat wave :smallsmile: . That's why we got used to it. And we're off-topic

Jack Squat
2007-07-12, 06:04 PM
^ Guh? Isn't that below the minimum wage rate?

Nah, the national rate is still only 5.15 and Tennessee doesn't have a state set wage. Several bills have failed because it would "negatively effect" the more backwater towns that don't get as much business.

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 06:16 PM
*whips back on topic* I just mathematically proved that money=good in the Ignorance is Rich thread

Midnight Son
2007-07-12, 08:49 PM
*whips back on topic* I just mathematically proved that money=good in the Ignorance is Rich threadYou need a proof for that? It's one of those things that's just granted. Like "wind blows" or "water's wet"

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 08:53 PM
Is water really wet? Does wind really blow? Or is water dry and the rest of everything wet? and are we moving, and the wind is standing still?

Midnight Son
2007-07-12, 08:58 PM
I see. So your convexity is derived from over-thinking things to the point of distraction. When the men in white coats come, go quietly.

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 09:02 PM
Are there really men in white coats? Or are they just simply white coats on foooolkm/ ,

Rawhide
2007-07-12, 09:04 PM
I see. So your convexity is derived from over-thinking things to the point of distraction. When the men in white coats come, go quietly.

He must think its the complexity thread. Easy mistake.

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 09:21 PM
*pulls tranquilizer darts out of neck*

As I was saying: The men in white coats are evil, and should not be trusted!

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-12, 10:34 PM
You need a proof for that? It's one of those things that's just granted. Like "wind blows" or "water's wet"

Actually, I think wind is pretty awesome.

Saw a good movie with a friend. Good times :smallsmile:

KoDT69
2007-07-13, 10:52 AM
After many crappy attempts at making avatars (or anything remotely intelligable for that matter) I made what I think was a decent one, so I offered it to the playgrounder that inspired it. I just got a PM back that she says she likes it. I'm pretty pleased with that! I know, so easy to please right? Now let's see if it actually makes it to her avatar spot... :smallsmile:

Castaras
2007-07-13, 11:15 AM
@^^ You're in school, its like the middle of summer vacation.

My school break up next week.

Yes, our school lasts too long. It's annoying. :smallannoyed:

*Thinks of something happy*

It's Friday! YAY!

bosssmiley
2007-07-13, 01:37 PM
It was either that or "happiness", which just seemed camp :smallyuk:

jen (http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/GLOSSARY/JEN.HTM)?
Elation?
Joyfulness?
Satisfaction?
#Gooooood, goooood, goooood, goooood vibrations# (with apologies to The Beach Boys)?

Not like you to fail in selecting a bon mot Serp'. :smalleek:

As for Egg: insufferably smug as ever thanks. Promotion at work recently. Most wonderful girl in the world(tm) as my SO. Started up a new campaign a couple of weeks back. Yep, it's good to be the bosssmiley. :smallcool:

I'm from London!!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/AgnosticTom/map-england.jpg

Geordies: we're harder than southerners, and we're on top. If we were in prison... :smallwink:
>Scotland, being nothing but a pretendy blood-drinking shadow-devil realm brought into being by an Englishman's ergot-induced hallucinations, doesn't count!

See the difference? Tsk. Just for that, I give you this (not for the faint-hearted):
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/AgnosticTom/Horse.jpg

"In Kazakhstan, horse has vote, but woman does not. In London, horse and woman indistinguishable..." :smalltongue:

Spartan_Samuel
2007-07-13, 03:09 PM
I was supposed to go to the waterpark today with a lot of my friends, but it started to rain balls and lightning too. Instead, I spent hours at a very good female friend's house. *Giddyness*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-13, 04:25 PM
Today was one of those days that gave truth to all the imagined reasons I rarely leave home. I met nothing but rude humans as I ran several errands.

At the very last bus stop where I had to wait, there was an elderly gentlman standing nearby, dressed in his work clothes for his job at the Office for Veteran Affairs. Now, as far as I know, anyone can work there. And when he noticed me looking at him, we had the following conversation:

Man: Can I help you?
Me: Just wondering if you're a verteran, sir.
Man: Yes, I am.
Me: (shaking his hand) Thank you.

That was it. :smallsmile:

Xerillum
2007-07-13, 04:27 PM
^^ especially the teeth.

Serpentine
2007-07-14, 12:18 AM
Elation?
Joyfulness?
Satisfaction?
#Gooooood, goooood, goooood, goooood vibrations# (with apologies to The Beach Boys)?

Allright allRIGHT, I confess, I deliberately went out of my way to find the antonym for depression as in a dip in the ground, okay?! Geez. Some people just can't take a pun :smallmad:

I finally have some spare cash. On a related note, I am now the proud owner of two shiny new Terry Pratchett books :smallbiggrin:

Skippy
2007-07-14, 12:59 AM
There's happiness in my life last days

I'm moving back to my home in Cuernavaca, Morelos, at least for a while, and while packing my things I found lots of nice things I had kept because they brought me memories. Also loads of trash I should have got rid of ages ago. Now I'm only keeping a little bag full of memories and some boxes filled with books. I'm relieved I will move without so many things...

Trog
2007-07-14, 08:39 PM
Well let's see...
Today I managed to sweep, mop, trim and edge the lawn, dust (including the dreaded ceiling fan. Fuzzy. :smalltongue: ) and vacuum the whole house in preparation for my house "guest". Three guesses who. :smallsmile: Plus I got my State tax check in the mail yesterday so I deposited it today (huzzah for money!) and picked up the newest ish of Computer Arts to fiddle with and read. So I have a mostly clean house. Now I just need to tackle the laundry, the dishes, finish cleaning the bathroom and get the boys to clean their room before the house is all prepared. :smallbiggrin:

*bounces in anticipation* :smallsmile: <3

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-07-14, 08:44 PM
Three guesses who. :smallsmile:

1) Supagoof?
2) Khan?
3) Captain Jack Sparrow?

Hmmm, actually maybe I need another guess....

Khantalas
2007-07-14, 08:48 PM
2) Khan?

Me? Why wasn't I informed of this?

So, do I, like, bring my own bedroll or something? :smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-07-14, 08:48 PM
Hrmmm, can't say as highs are things I'm well aquainted with. However, by pure coincidence I actually had one today after talking with a beautiful girl I know.

Wasn't about anything in particular, but she just has that affect on me.

Tom_Violence
2007-07-14, 09:00 PM
Elation?
Joyfulness?
Satisfaction?

As for Egg: insufferably smug as ever thanks. Promotion at work recently. Most wonderful girl in the world(tm) as my SO. Started up a new campaign a couple of weeks back. Yep, it's good to be the bosssmiley. :smallcool:

Geordies: we're harder than southerners, and we're on top. If we were in prison... :smallwink:
>Scotland, being nothing but a pretendy blood-drinking shadow-devil realm brought into being by an Englishman's ergot-induced hallucinations, doesn't count!

"In Kazakhstan, horse has vote, but woman does not. In London, horse and woman indistinguishable..." :smalltongue:

Hehe, you're actually quite amusing. Though I have no need to know how hard you are, thanks.

Khaldan
2007-07-14, 09:20 PM
i finally made a 40 minute game in planet puzzle league. i is UBER!

Trog
2007-07-14, 09:30 PM
1) Supagoof?
2) Khan?
3) Captain Jack Sparrow?

Hmmm, actually maybe I need another guess....

Guess. Again. :smallannoyed:

Xerillum
2007-07-14, 09:35 PM
I have attained cold fusion in a can of Spaghetti-Os [/dramatic english accent]

Rawhide
2007-07-15, 01:22 AM
Hrmmm, can't say as highs are things I'm well aquainted with. However, by pure coincidence I actually had one today after talking with a beautiful girl I know.

Wasn't about anything in particular, but she just has that affect on me.
I love the feeling that comes after talking to someone with an extremely nice personality. There doesn't need to be any romantic intent (though it certainly helps), just the knowledge that you never want to loose that friendship

Vonriel
2007-07-15, 01:27 AM
I love the feeling that comes after talking to someone with an extremely nice personality. There doesn't need to be any romantic intent (though it certainly helps), just the knowledge that you never want to loose that friendship

Agreed. I just wish I could feel that more often. :smallsigh:

..Sorry, taking my unhappiness out of your happiness thread posthaste.

Extra_Crispy
2007-07-15, 05:25 AM
Lets see I recently had an interview with the manager of the burn unit at the hospital I work at and he said that of all the people he has interviewed for the open position he has (very rare) I am probably the first choice/tied with another new graduate.

I was depressed (and still am some) and ran into a friend of mine. She seemed really concerned and tried to chear me up. There is just something that makes you feel better to know that someone cares and can see when you are having a bad time and they really try to help. Espically since I am VERY good at hiding my feelings, and most people do not know when I am having issues.

SDF
2007-07-15, 05:40 AM
Good luck getting the job, mind if I ask the specifics of the position?

Syka
2007-07-15, 10:58 AM
Yay for happiness everyone!

My weekend went much better than the last one, with the exception of Boy's car hissing at him on the way to pick me up. Thankfully, we're pretty sure it was just the radiator. And we did get to see Transformers. I'm very glad I talked him into watching it again because it is definitely a theater movie, and he liked it better the second time around.

Cheers,
Syka

Serpentine
2007-07-16, 10:02 PM
Whoooo! My results have finally been updated, and instead of a Fail Incomplete for one of the classes I got a Distinction! :smallbiggrin: Which means I got a D for every class I did last semester... Awesome :smallbiggrin:
Unfortunately, the burn on my hand is leaking. Ah well, it least it doesn't hurt too much...

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-16, 10:04 PM
Whoooo! My results have finally been updated, and instead of a Fail Incomplete for one of the classes I got a Distinction! :smallbiggrin: Which means I got a D for every class I did last semester... Awesome :smallbiggrin:
Unfortunately, the burn on my hand is leaking. Ah well, it least it doesn't hurt too much...

D is good, right? Crazy Aussie grading scale... *mumble grumble*

Serpentine
2007-07-16, 10:09 PM
HD High Distinction

D Distinction

C Credit

P Pass

N Fail

Also, I have an awesome-sounding class this semester: Something like "Classical religions of ancient Greece and Rome"

FdL
2007-07-16, 10:43 PM

You burned your hand...and now it leaks? :s
Hope you got that treated, it doesn't sound very good. :smallfrown:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-16, 10:44 PM
I'm happy because I'm watching the first seven seasons of Stargate SG1
:smallsmile:

Alarra
2007-07-16, 11:02 PM
Whoa...I just noticed this thread...I'm always happy, and always have something going on to add to threads like this....Let's see...for right now?

The past 4 days have been amazingly fun, and something I'm going to be hard pressed to not try to repeat every weekend for the next year. :smallbiggrin:
Class was really interesting this weekend and bizarrely fun.
My apartment is cleaner than it has been in...umm....ever actually, barring before I brought any boxes in.
I have a really fun party (of sorts) planned for when the Harry Potter book comes out. (A bunch of the girls are going to the B&N party, buying the books, then heading to one house, drinking, getting chinese food and brownies and reading til we all finish...:smalltongue: )

Serpentine
2007-07-16, 11:02 PM
Ah, it's okay. It's not hurting as much as when I burnt my arm (the faded scarring of which is still visible). It's just sort of... blister-juice stuff, and it seems to have stopped now. I'll go put some pawpaw ointment or Dettol cream on it, she'll be right.

Huzzah for Stargate!

PhoeKun
2007-07-16, 11:06 PM
Ooh, a "high points" thread.

I just finalized plans to go to GenCon this summer. So did a certain someone else.

To say that I am excited would be like saying the sun is on fire.

Trog
2007-07-16, 11:45 PM
Ooh, a "high points" thread.

I just finalized plans to go to GenCon this summer. So did a certain someone else.

To say that I am excited would be like saying the sun is on fire.

AWWWWWWWWW! :smallsmile:

My highpoint today happened this morning when I looked in the mirror and actually liked what I saw in it. Normally I am really down on my appearance but today I looked at my body and I was like: I look good today and maybe I should let myself notice that more often... kind of thing. I dunno maybe that sounds bad if you don't know me but trust me, me liking me is something that happens very rarely. So I liked riding the wave of self confidence that that created in me today.

That and talking to Thes tonight. She just stirs something deep inside me in a way that no one else ever has. It's humbling to just bask in the glow of her affection and feel its power resonate within me in like form. *melts inside* :smallsmile: <3

Alleine
2007-07-17, 02:29 AM
Well, it happened awhile ago, but the girl I liked told me she likes me. On the flipside she doesn't want a boyfriend :smallfrown:

Overriding Factor: my happy pills are working! Hooray!!!

Also I just bought the Eberron Campaign setting, which will be totally awesome.

Khantalas
2007-07-17, 05:36 AM
I got a potentially awkward conversation without awkwardness.

Is that reason enough to be convex?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-17, 07:05 AM
I've got more books coming this weekend from the Hardy Boys series. Sure, they're old and a bit old-fashioned but I collect them and I really like them. The worst part is I have to buy on the inet so they take ages to get here. Therefore I'm happy when I find out they're at my Gran's so I can pick them up on Saturday.
I'm just in a happy mood today. Oh, I've also lost 3ld but I don't care about that. Happy mood, it's sunny and I have new (to me) books to read for the summer.

oRs
2007-07-17, 07:09 AM
Well I'm happy - I found the thread which has got blown-up pictures from the comics in it :smallbiggrin: Wicked stuff

SMEE
2007-07-17, 08:55 AM
Even though days have been quite rough, there's joy and happiness during my nights. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-17, 09:51 AM
Yay! for unplanned four day weekends. Even better when with my favorite person. :smallcool:

What could be better? She's planning on coming up and spending a weekend on a boat with me the same week I get to meet El Jaspero.

Man, I'm blessed.

Castaras
2007-07-17, 12:24 PM
I'm just happy about nothing!

Hmm...might be the chocolate I've just had.

But oh well! I'm really happy! Despite everything! :smallbiggrin:

Trog
2007-07-17, 12:39 PM
I am happy that tonight is my last night alone for a long time to come. Tomorrow after work I head to Cinci to help Thes pack up her apartment and prepare to move her to spooooooooky Wisconsin! :smallbiggrin:

Oh man it is gonna be so awesome. Cohabitating in the Playground. *bounces* :smallsmile: <3

PhoeKun
2007-07-17, 12:54 PM
Cohabitation? Wow, that's a big step. I... can't think of any comments that don't sound extremely cheesy, but good for you! :smallsmile:

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-17, 01:17 PM
Yay. *waves banner for Thog and Tres* (:smalltongue:)

I'm happy that I get to go to GenCon this year since I somehow miraculously found the money and a naked guy willing to drive me. Roadtrip!

Amotis
2007-07-17, 02:45 PM
That's awesome news, Trog. :smallbiggrin:

I leave you with these words of wisdom:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/amotis/Jonfgsfds.jpg

Haha, no really, good luck man. You two's win at life makes us all happy.

Hoggy
2007-07-17, 03:04 PM
Except Jibar.

*runs*

:smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-07-17, 03:21 PM
*offers Trog and Thes a happy, 'best of luck with the moving' balloon (cause as nice as it will be for you two to be in the same place, and as much fun as you'll have, moving is still a pain in the butt, so you'll need luck....) and a hug*

*bounces in excitement over the idea of meeting Phoe and Am at gencon* (You are planning on finding a little bit of time in your 'basking in each others glow' to come hang out with me, right? I only ask for a few moments. :smallsmile:

(I'd be bouncing in excitement over you too Zombs, but I've already met you twice, so the novelty has worn off :smalltongue: .... but I'm still very glad you're coming.....how's the 'convincing Ego to come' coming along? :smallbiggrin: )

I know, I know....don't yell at me :smallfrown: *slinks off to work on her protocol*

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-17, 03:39 PM
(I'd be bouncing in excitement over you too Zombs, but I've already met you twice, so the novelty has worn off :smalltongue: .... but I'm still very glad you're coming.....how's the 'convincing Ego to come' coming along? :smallbiggrin: )

*shows up with a knife in his skull*

Oh, it's going good. Why do you ask? :smalltongue:

:smallsigh:

Sanglesac
2007-07-17, 03:52 PM
I feel fantastic, like I always do, but I guess that's because I'm always on top. I got a 31 on my first ACT, whoo. Then, I saw a girl I like at the mall, so I went and got a baby and handed it to her. It cried immediately, so I took it and put it back. Today, I've been driving about in the countryside, listening to Cat Stevens, thinking about being a half-orc bard.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-17, 04:16 PM
I'm happy. That's all.

Serpentine
2007-07-17, 10:22 PM
Then, I saw a girl I like at the mall, so I went and got a baby and handed it to her.
:smallconfused: If you don't mind my asking... why, and where did you get the baby?

So much cute in the Playground :smallbiggrin: Soon it'll overflow from lovings! And drown muffin-cats too slow to get out of the way.

Cyrano
2007-07-17, 10:30 PM
I returned to the site and realised I could last a few days without seizures. Plus, I managed to get intoa semi debate! Mmmmm! Debates!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-18, 04:28 AM
So much cute in the Playground :smallbiggrin: Soon it'll overflow from lovings! And drown muffin-cats too slow to get out of the way.

Nah... The Depression Thread is like a huge nasty black hole that takes all the love and good energy and everything nice we have fought for away from us. :smallmad:
The Playground will never overflow from lovings, as long as these bad, mean people take everything we love away with their drama stories that make Banjo cry.

Hoggy
2007-07-19, 04:36 PM
Finally got around to watching Battle Royale, something I've been meaning to do for years. Watching Japanese schoolboys'n'girls murder each other somehow makes my life seem more complete.

blakyoshi7
2007-07-19, 04:48 PM
Heheheh... (http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/recogn-bmp/LW399.jpg)

Alarra
2007-07-19, 04:50 PM
I finished my thesis protocol.
Zeb is coming to gencon with me.
Yeah....life's happy.

faerwain
2007-07-19, 05:00 PM
I'm extremely exhausted by work meanwhile...good thing tomorrow's the last day before my holiday starts :smallbiggrin: Okay, due to the high amount of personal backlog, it will be even more stressing, but at the end, there's the highlight of every year for me(especially the not-so-good ones): Wacken Open Air!

It's a good tradition since 10 years, and as the whole band will be there, we will have a hell of fun that days.

Watching Japanese schoolboys'n'girls murder each other somehow makes my life seem more complete.

And you wonder why I'm not able to get you over the border....:smallwink:

Orzel
2007-07-19, 05:16 PM
I found a container of OJ in the fridge. I'm happy.

Syka
2007-07-19, 07:16 PM
Woo....91 on my Greek test.

Plus I finalized my schedule for Fall term and I'll only be in classes 3 days a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays is Roman Drama, Plato, and Language and Cultures. Wednesdays is Psychology of Suicide. I could have taken Adolescent Psychology instead of Psych of Suicide, but then that would be Mondays and Wednesdays.

I like that schedule much more. :smallbiggrin: This means I'll be able to work my job Fri-Mon, and when I'm able to request off, I'll be able to go home for the better part of four days. :)

Cheers,
Syka

Hell Puppi
2007-07-19, 08:01 PM
I'm very happy at the moment. I took a big risk and moved a 1000 miles from home to stick around with someone I love and it's going well. I got a job in less than 3 days of being here, and it's the best one I've had so far!
I'm very happy...which makes me worried that somethin's gonna go wrong...
No! Be happy! Damn anxiety!:smallsigh:

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-19, 08:07 PM
I'm very happy at the moment. I took a big risk and moved a 1000 miles from home to stick around with someone I love and it's going well. I got a job in less than 3 days of being here, and it's the best one I've had so far!
I'm very happy...which makes me worried that somethin's gonna go wrong...
No! Be happy! Damn anxiety!:smallsigh:Hurray! It's always scary to take a risk like that but very rewarding when it pays off. Good for you! :smallcool:

Narmoth
2007-07-20, 03:28 AM
I have received 53000 Norvegian krones, 9244 USD, to arrange a metal consert in my town for. This is enough, together with the ticket sale to hire the best scene here and get 4 (!) good bands to play on it.:smallcool: And the best of it is that we have just balanced all or costs, so this is now a financially secure project!

Simius
2007-07-20, 04:31 AM
Heheheh... (http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/recogn-bmp/LW399.jpg)

That was exactly my thoughts when I first saw this thread.

Anyhow, I'm happy, because I work at a chocolate and pie shop since a few weeks. And because I'm going on vacation in less than two weeks.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-20, 04:34 AM
I have received 53000 Norvegian krones, 9244 USD, to arrange a metal consert in my town for. This is enough, together with the ticket sale to hire the best scene here and get 4 (!) good bands to play on it.:smallcool: And the best of it is that we have just balanced all or costs, so this is now a financially secure project!

Wow in what kind of metal heaven do u people live? Here in Greece the metal bands have to pay sometimes to get a live... And we really got some nice metal bands.. but there's no support. You are lucky.

Narmoth
2007-07-20, 08:08 AM
Wow in what kind of metal heaven do u people live? Here in Greece the metal bands have to pay sometimes to get a live... And we really got some nice metal bands.. but there's no support. You are lucky.

Well, we got monye from EUs youth in action (http://ec.europa.eu/youth/yia/index_en.html) program, from which you also can get money if you deside do make a consert. If you do, please tell me and we could try to make an even together, with you sending some greek bands to us and us sending some norwegian bands to play for you, all paid for by this program (we can get about 10.000 euro).

This is the bands we are going to have playing at our event:
Melodic Trash (http://www.myspace.com/shraphead)
"Viking Metal (http://www.myspace.com/allfader)" (mix of black metal and folk metal, with this the not nazi part, like enslaved)
Avant garde metal (http://www.myspace.com/vultureindustries) (like arcturus)
And a melodic death metal band that has no myspace site

Hoggy
2007-07-20, 08:30 AM
MY SCHOOL IS FINSHED FOR THE SUMMER YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS

Also, metal fest, awesome! :smallbiggrin: Norveegan metal rocks.

IE get Emperor. :smalltongue:

Midnight Son
2007-07-20, 10:29 PM
I just opened a bag of Kettle Cooked Salt and Vinegar chips and a bottle of IBC. I am convex apparently.

Sisqui
2007-07-20, 10:46 PM
My son crawled for the first time today! Yeah. Wait.....now I have to babyproof the house! :smalleek:

Wow, I didn't know the playground even had a thread for happy thoughts...:smallconfused:

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-21, 01:18 AM
This may make no sense as I just posted in the Depression thread, but I'm still happy about something. I'm watching Yugioh right now. It's a good show. I'd like to see what other anime shows there are though. I've decided I like anime. And I'm happy about it.

Hell Puppi
2007-07-21, 01:48 AM
Even in our worst moments, there are things to be happy about.
'Course even in our happiest moments there are things to worry about.
Life's all about balance =P

Amotis
2007-07-21, 01:50 AM
Life's all about balance =P

Unless you fall for someone.

I really don't know whether to end that with a :smalltongue: or a :smallamused: . So both!

Hell Puppi
2007-07-21, 01:51 AM
Heh, I have, hard.
Doesn't mean I don't worry about it.:smalltongue:

FdL
2007-07-21, 01:57 AM
This may make no sense as I just posted in the Depression thread, but I'm still happy about something. I'm watching Yugioh right now. It's a good show. I'd like to see what other anime shows there are though. I've decided I like anime. And I'm happy about it.

Go for it, find the good stuff, it's worth it. I'm watching a lot of anime these days. I've always liked it so I said what the hell. And I'll do it until I tire of it. That's the way I like to enjoy things.

Serpentine
2007-07-21, 07:18 AM
I spent the $200 Goff's parents (and nan :smallconfused:) gave me for my birthday :smallbiggrin: I got two pretty bracelets, some egg custard steamed buns, and two pretty vases. According to the lady (who likes to talk a lot) they're both unique, and I should mention to anyone who knows pottery that they're "Jun". I was already buying them, so if it was just saleperson pitch it was a bit belated :smallconfused: So... anyone know anything about pottery? Cuz I have Jun vases. Apparently that's significant.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-21, 07:23 AM
Go for it, find the good stuff, it's worth it. I'm watching a lot of anime these days. I've always liked it so I said what the hell. And I'll do it until I tire of it. That's the way I like to enjoy things. Yep. I go that way too. With my gameboy advance I'll switch between pokemon and final fantasy, depending on what I feel like.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-21, 08:06 AM
So... anyone know anything about pottery? Cuz I have Jun vases. Apparently that's significant.From here (http://www.fdi-hn.gov.cn/english/news/2004/2/18/1077089818765.shtml)...

The Jun Pottery and porcelain of Yuzhou is among the Five Famous Chinas of the Song Dynasty. Owing to its "one colour in the kiln and a variety of colours outside it", the Yuzhou Jun Pottery and Porcelain is renowned as the "national gem".

And from here (www.china.org.cn/english/features/Archaeology/97200.htm)...

Pottery from the Jun kiln was an important branch of such products during the Song and Yuan dynasties in north China. Historical documents listed it as one of China’s five most famous kilns of the Song Dynasty, but no sound proof to show the enameled pottery originated from the Song Dynasty.

Neat stuff.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-21, 10:25 AM
Got my Hardy Boy book today. I'm just generally happy on Saturdays. No idea why at all:smallbiggrin: . Best firend IRL and itp is coming back from holiday soon. This means catch-up talks, pressies and fun. Plus she'll be able to give me back the video and DVD she borrowed *grumble*.

Alarra
2007-07-21, 12:16 PM
Why am I happy today? Harry Potter party. :smallbiggrin:

I've been 'forced' to go get online so the rest of the girls can catch up to me. We'd planned to be done by now, but fell asleep at around 6am.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-21, 12:23 PM
Let's see, why am I in a good mood?

Two (maybe three) Words: Superheroes vs. Aliens.

I10 of City of Heroes may be released next week. Canonically, the world was invaded by aliens from a parallel universe 4-5 years ago. Thanks to the sacrifice made by the Omega Team, (a Taskforce send to the alien homeworld to destroy the portal to our world) the remaining aliens have been severely disorganized. Now, however.... They're back, looking nice, new and shiny, and are REALLY REALLY Pissed off. How would you like to be walking around and suddenly hear an air-raid siren just as collosal alien ships appear and start bombing the hell out of everything? How would you like to lead an army of heroes against an army of aliens and just kick them into oblivion? Now you can.. It looks like it's going to be fun!

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-21, 01:36 PM
Why am I happy today? Harry Potter party. :smallbiggrin:
*high-five*

I decided to miss the parties after all the horror stories about people gatecrashing them with spoilers for book six, but I got my copy delivered and read it quietly at home and I too am now very very happy.

Serpentine
2007-07-21, 08:36 PM
From here (http://www.fdi-hn.gov.cn/english/news/2004/2/18/1077089818765.shtml)...

And from here (www.china.org.cn/english/features/Archaeology/97200.htm)...

Neat stuff.
Cool. Well, all I knows is, they be teh pretty ^_^ Still sad that I couldn't afford the beautiful blue dragon vase, though... but happy that I have two pretty ones ^_^

Midnight Son
2007-07-22, 08:33 PM
Mmmm, I just had me a Carne Asada burrito, a large class of Horchata, and a side of Flan. I do believe I am quite content at the moment.

geek_2049
2007-07-23, 10:10 AM
Hehe, Serpendipity. I am punny. *Casuually bolts toward the nearest exit*

Serpentine
2007-07-24, 01:25 AM
You know, that gets even worse when you know that my sister's name is Seren, which comes from serendipity...

Alarra
2007-07-24, 01:26 AM
Seren also means Star in umm...Welsh, I think. Yeah, that's right.

And might I mention that Seren is one of my favorite names.

Serpentine
2007-07-24, 01:43 AM
Can't be Welsh, too many vowels. It's also normally a guy's name. As would mine be, actually, if you took out the "i"...

Hell Puppi
2007-07-24, 01:45 AM
Welsh is a horribly confusing language.

Like 'samhain'...it's pronounced 'sau-huin'. ???

Alarra
2007-07-24, 05:50 AM
Nope, it is Welsh. I just looked it up and everything.

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-24, 05:52 AM
Welsh is a horribly confusing language.

Like 'samhain'...it's pronounced 'sau-huin'. ???
No, it isn't. <mh> is a whispered m sound; you might not hear it easily because it's not a sound that's used in English, but it's there. In fact, despite its reputation, Welsh orthography is vastly more regular than English; it's English that's horribly confusing -- to anyone who didn't grow up speaking it!

Trog
2007-07-25, 06:56 AM
Reason to Convex:
Waking up to my Thes every morning. :smallsmile:

...or concave... for spooning purposes. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2007-07-25, 07:02 AM
>combination eyeroll-awwww<

I learnt a new term for "checkbook journalism": Journalistic prostitution! :smallbiggrin:

Aramil Liadon
2007-07-25, 02:28 PM
Yegawhaa?
Wazzat?

Yes, that is that first thing I thought.
Not ;-) Kinky, though it came next

Trog
2007-07-26, 02:55 PM
Three Words: Lunch Break Backrubs

*Is the luckiest guy in the whole world* :smallsmile: <3

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH! *Floats* :smallsmile: <3

Vonriel
2007-07-26, 03:02 PM
Stop rubbing it in already, wouldja? :smallwink:

Thes Hunter
2007-07-27, 08:38 AM
Making plans with a certain scaly one to attend one of the biggest geek wonders of our age. *SMILES ALL BIG*

Trog
2007-07-27, 12:18 PM
- Making plans and Sharing my space
- Wireless Network for my girl to be on the computer at the same time as me
- Kitty! :smallbiggrin:
- Beanbag chair!
- CAFFEINE!!!!!!! *jitters*
- House of Thes Chinese Food Lunch Delivery Service on a busy work day :smallsmile: <3

Simius
2007-07-27, 12:37 PM
Today I feel positively convex, because this was my last day of work (not that I really mind working in a chocolate shop, but still) and on monday I will go on vacation for four weeks, climbing in Italy and Slovenia. And Sunday´s my little sisters birthday, and I ordered some great pies in the shop I work in (and got 50% discount). And today I got my new bank card, so now I can finally get cash again (my old one was blocked, because of scary story about large scale fraud, but never mind that).

Alarra
2007-07-27, 03:38 PM
Fun days at six flags with a great person, lots of roller coasters and no lines. :smallbiggrin:

Pyro
2007-07-27, 03:45 PM
Fun days at six flags with a great person, lots of roller coasters and no lines. :smallbiggrin:

Lucky I've never been to Six Flags even though theres one in Atlanta. AND I would have gone in fifth grade, but that year Six Flags wasn't educational for the school. Sigh my parents idea of a fun vacation is going to museums all over the eastern coast.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-27, 03:54 PM
Ah, man! I wanted to post about spending the day at Six Flags America riding roller coasters with no lines. :smallfrown:

Man, what a great day it was. And at the time we both decided we were too tired to keep going, loads of people started to show up and it started to rain. Good thing we got our day done before all that happened. :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2007-07-27, 11:00 PM
AND I would have gone in fifth grade, but that year Six Flags wasn't educational for the school.
Could've been worse. My friend's mum won a free trip for the family to Disneyland, flights and all, but her dad refused to sign the passport or grant permisson for the kids to leave the country :smallannoyed:

Hoggy
2007-07-30, 04:16 PM
Today at band practise, I more or less nailed the trickey semiquaver parts to Paschelbel's (sp) Canon, in preperation for a band member's wedding in september. It wasn't perfect, but it's getting there.

Serpentine
2007-08-07, 09:47 AM
I still feel that this forum needs something cheery, so I thought I'd revive my thread. Anyway, I have some happy things to report:
As you're no doubt aware, I bought myself a garter belt :smallbiggrin: Look, it's exciting for me, okay? I got it purely for the practical purpose of keeping my stockings up, and the excess of lace is mere coincidence! But yeah. Spiffing. Now to find a decent corset... or to figure out how to put on the one I already have by myself.
A good friend of mine has joined the forums :smallbiggrin: You might've seen him around... Verbose. Has an ugly avi.
The other day, I bought some fruit and veg from the fruit market, and a lady whom I'd seen previously buying Brussels sprouts offered me a lift home. It was nice, and stopped my arms from hurting ^_^ Also she remembered "The Monster at the End of this Book" from when she was a kid.

Alarra
2007-08-07, 01:41 PM
Let's see....reasons why I am happy. There are dozens, maybe hundreds. I can't recall ever being as happy as I am right now. My life is pretty much completely perfect to the point where I worry that saying anything at all will jinx it.

Specifics?

I got to spend the weekend with the cutest kitten in the world. (see you thread)
I'm close enough to being completely done with my thesis protocol that all I have to do on it this week is type up an appendix, simple, simple. And I'm apparently still far enough ahead to impress my adviser, even though I've been fretting over not being done for weeks.
Plans worked out to that I could go back to Maryland today instead of having to wait until Sunday.
Every day, hell, 2 or 3 times a day at least, I find a new reason that I'm in love. :smallredface:

Okay, I suppose that's enough. *wanders off on her cloud*

Jibar
2007-08-07, 01:56 PM
The bitter depressive Cat-Muffin is going to post in the Convexity Thread.
:smalltongue:

Reasons why I'm not so miserable as usual:

1. I haven't seen my friends for a couple weeks, so I've had no reason to be upset about them.
2. Dawn of War Anthology will arrive anyday now.
3. There are so many baked goods in my house right now it's amazing. Plus they're all home made.
4. I am now in the right frame of mind to understand just what an ass I'd been for the month of July, and can now laugh at it.
5. The sky is yellow.
6. People could voting for my in the Monsters In The Playground. It makes me feel special.
7. Avril Lavigne's The Best Damn Thing
8. Everybody keeps pairing up in the playground.
9. People still mistake me for a woman. Sure, it's mean, but it cheers me up.
10. I still have two crushes in the playground that Serpy hasn't guessed. :smalltongue:

Yup. 10 whole reasons I'm happy. I'm going to go hop along and plant cyanide flowers, then kill myself with ice cream. Yaaaaay!

Serpentine
2007-08-07, 09:25 PM
10. I still have two crushes in the playground that Serpy hasn't guessed. :smalltongue:
=.=
That does it.

One's me.

And here's something else that might cheer you up: that last picture you posted... in the UK thread, was it? It made me grumpy that all the cute guys are like 5 years younger than me :smallannoyed:
>grump<

Logic
2007-08-07, 09:27 PM
Ok, in the interest of joy, I found 2 Euros on a plane recently, So, Yay me!

That is pretty much the highlight of my week at the moment.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-07, 11:08 PM
Every day, hell, 2 or 3 times a day at least, I find a new reason that I'm in love. :smallredface:

Okay, I suppose that's enough. *wanders off on her cloud*Okay, selfish maybe, but I get to read posts like this and it makes me feel good that I'm making someone special to me feel that good, especially about being with me.

:smallredface:

*joins Alarra on her cloud and takes her hand to lead her in a dance*

Cyrano
2007-08-07, 11:11 PM
....Hot damn.
Y'all have a talent for making me feel inadequately in love.
*Desperately runs off to find extra good traits*

The Great Skenardo
2007-08-07, 11:19 PM
My Lady-friend is coming to visit in about two weeks ^_^
Haven't seen her since Christmas, and before that it was a Year and a half ago.

*Hums to self as he cleans the house*

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-08, 01:07 AM
I just came back from the cottage. I can do most of a standing front flip, as long as there's a bit of a drop and some water so I don't chicken out. I also learned that I can do a passable swan dive. The water was warmer than the air.
I'm so content, I don't even make sensei!
Note: 'sense, eh!' might make more sense. eh.

Jibar
2007-08-08, 01:20 AM
=.=
That does it.

One's me.

And here's something else that might cheer you up: that last picture you posted... in the UK thread, was it? It made me grumpy that all the cute guys are like 5 years younger than me :smallannoyed:
>grump<

I respond with

:redface:

Also: Awww, I'm sorry I got your grump on.
I need a way to make up to ya. Name it and I'll do it.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-08, 02:05 AM
I was a superhero on Saturday. I mean a real life-saving kinda thing.

Ran some errands after hitting the bank to get my rent check. One of those errands was to stop at the nearby Wal-Mart to grab a few things, like a new water filter for my pitcher. (AZ water stains!) I also grabbed a few diet powered drinks to mix at home. As I went down the ailse, I saw a little boy (about age 6) wandering aimlessly. I look around. No parent watching over him. So I asked where his mom was. No answer. I asked where his dad was. No answer. I spied a nearby couple down the next ailse and asked if he was theirs. Nope. I stayed with his wife, baby, and the little boy while the husband brought an employee over to take the kid.

Well, in minutes, I was hearing the announcement about a lost child, so I felt better. I finished my shopping, then went to customer service to ensure the boy's parents had been found. This is 15 minutes later...and no parents. Although I was actually in a rush to get home and pay my rent, I asked if I was needed as a witness should the police be summoned. No, they had everything in control, and they thanked me for caring as much as I did.

Onto my next superhero act!

I headed for the bus stop, and lting on the filthy ground, in the shade, was a woman who appeared unconscious. Next to her were two bottles of water. Someone else waiting at the stop said that she'd been moving and speaking a short while ago, so she was alive and supposedly well.

I was debating about doing something other than letting her lie there when my bus arrived. I needed to pay that rent, so I got on the bus...and was told by the driver that it was filled to capacity and that I'd have to wait for the next one.

Talk about Fate sending a message, eh? I went back into Wal-Mart and reported that this woman appeared homeless and might need help. Two emplyees and I returned to the woman to find her active and talking. I asked if she had somewhere to go. She said she did, but didn't name a place. I asked if she needed bus fare. Her answer explained a lot. "No," she said, "this is all scientific." It was instantly obvious that she was yet another victim of mental illness who'd slipped through the cracks of the system and left homeless. Like winter in NY, summer in AZ is not the time to be homeless. Alas, calling for aid would be useless. Unless she showed a desire for help, which she had already refused from me, the police or emergency personnel would do nothing to help her.

I saved an abandoned child from ending up the victim of possible abduction.

I tried to save a homeless person from the streets.

One does what one can.

KoDT69
2007-08-08, 01:46 PM
I was thinking after making an avatar for a fellow playgrounder and not seeing her use it as she said that I would be bound for the depression thread. I have not given up on that as she's not posted but maybe twice since then. Life happens. But today I noticed that my "Roland St. Jude as Elton John" avatar I made for the Mod Madness contest while not being a winner is in use by Roland St. Jude. That's pretty cool. I can't figure out if he actually liked it, or if he rotates avatars pretty often? But who cares, it's being used and his sig credits me. Now I need to work on my Illustrator skills more! :smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2007-08-08, 03:38 PM
Bor, what the hell. I...You...But.....

You're amazing.

That made me happy.

B-Man
2007-08-09, 03:37 PM
I'm quite happy that my sister is not at home today! I can catch up on cleaning (if I weren't so lazy)! This also means I don't have to cook much for dinner tonight!

KD at B-Man's place!

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-09, 05:19 PM
Man, if I'm ever in Phoenix, I should definitely look up Bor. He seems like the coolest person currently on the planet! (If I do...I'll probably be on the road sometimes back and forth from CA to TX in the upcoming years...I'll check with you and see what your plans are...Lunch or dinner (probably dinner) will be on me.)

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-09, 06:16 PM
Bor, what the hell. I...You...But.....

You're amazing.

That made me happy.

Man, if I'm ever in Phoenix, I should definitely look up Bor. He seems like the coolest person currently on the planet! (If I do...I'll probably be on the road sometimes back and forth from CA to TX in the upcoming years...I'll check with you and see what your plans are...Lunch or dinner (probably dinner) will be on me.)

Oh, good...more minions for my growing army...

I mean...Ummm...Thanks, guys! :smallredface:

It's really the simplest way to make one's self feel good. Commit a random act of kindness without expecting a reward. Oh, it's nice to share and get these proverbial pats on the back, but I share such tales in the hopes that others will go forth and do good deeds of their own. :smallsmile:

So, now that your posts have put me in a bit of a happier mood, I'm going to celebrate by SHOWERING! Second day in a row the water's been off, and they turned it back on minutes ago. I go to get clean, my minions! I mean...people! :smallwink:

Totally Guy
2007-08-09, 06:28 PM
One of my co-workers had a baby recently, I'd only really known him for a month but at a work team meeting, right at the end, they asked if anybody had anything to say.

I had two points, one was pointing out a weak point for Building Site Road Safety, and the other one was that we should get a card for for our absent friend with the baby.

As it was my suggestion I had to collect a little money off everyone and I raised £50 (100USD)! Which was way more than I was expecting. So by now he's got an extra hand he wouldn't have had otherwise. So I felt good leaving work today. Then I saw that they had fixed my safety concern by putting lines an a mirror exactly where I suggested.:smallsmile:

Also things are going well with an excercise routine I've been trying for the last month. It feels bad when I'm actually doing it but at all other times I'm feeling better, which must make it the natural opposite of junk food.