PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Need help creating blood-weapons :)

chavaic
2016-10-20, 03:21 AM
So I'm a DM and am very. VERY. new to dnd, (within the past month). Basically one of my players hinted (not very subtly) that they wanted some weapons that had a blood theme.
Their character is a ranger/fighter that uses a short-sword. I am keen to oblige and have come up with some concepts but am not sure if they are any good.
The numbers are subject to change based on in-game testing and balancing, just wondering if the concepts sound cool to anyone or if anyone has any other ideas? :) Thankyou in advance!

Each weapon has both the following traits:
1.Crimson awakening: (Bonus action) The sword’s powers can only be awoken if it’s wielder has placed a minimum of one drop of their own blood onto the blade that day.
2. Bloodless: These effects do not affect any creature that does not bleed. Including:
• Constructs,
• Elementals.
• Undead,
• Plants,
• and Ooze

Concept 1:
Name ideas? Blood Thirster.

Unquenchable thirst: On melee hit, the sword drains the blood from its victim dealing 1 bonus bleed damage.
Life drain: The sword turns the siphoned blood into life force for the wielder restoring [CON modifier + (1/2 proficiency modifier rounded down)] as hit-points and half of the weapon damage (does not include bleed damage) rounded down, as temporary hit-points.

Concept 2:
Name ideas? Haemo-RAGE
Sanguivorous blade: On a melee weapon hit, the sword funnels the blood into it dealing 2 bonus bleeding damage.
Blood ties: Once per turn the wielder can imbue the sword with energy siphoned from their own source. This damage cannot crit, but can be imbued after the attack roll.
-If the wielder drops to below 75% of their maximum HP, the damage is increased to 1 + 1d4
-If the wielder drops to below 50% of their maximum HP, the damage is increased to 2 + 1d4
-If the wielder is below 25% of their maximum HP, the damage is increased to 3 + 3d4

Concept 3:
Name ideas: blood hunter?
Drink the living: On a melee weapon hit, the sword siphons blood from the creature, dealing 2 bonus bleeding damage and gaining one stack of bloodlust. Stacks of bloodlust last for 10 minutes after the sword last tasted blood.
Insatiability: Every two stacks of bloodlust merely makes the sword hunger for more, increasing the bonus bleed damage by 1.
The bonus bleed damage can increase to up to 2x the wielder’s constitution modifier but cannot crit.

Concept 4:
Name Ideas: Blood seeker?
The rivers shall run red: On a melee weapon hit, the sword drinks the blood of its victims dealing a bonus 1d4 bleeding damage, marking the creature and creating a magical wound that slowly seeps blood for an hour. Being healed magically removes both the wound and the mark.
Taste for blood: Melee weapon attacks by this sword have +3 to hit on targets that are marked and the sword does 2d4 bonus bleeding damage.
Blood sense: The wielder of the sword is aware of the location of any creature that is marked within a one-mile radius.

khadgar567
2016-10-20, 08:28 AM
concept 5 by dealing bleed damage weapon turns other type of weapon (like knife to short sword, longsword to spear)

Sir cryosin
2016-10-22, 10:46 AM
Bloodstain
It's just a sword gaurd hilt and pamal.
I must feast upon my owns life blood. To activate this weapon you must hurt your self roll 1d4 for damage and pure blood on the crossguard to form the blade the shape of the blade takes what ever shape you like. This weapon counts as finesse. It is a +1 weapon that deals 1d10 damage. When you deal damage to a creature that's not a undead, construct, ect... the damage you Delta you gain temp hp of that amount.

khadgar567
2016-10-22, 11:10 AM
Bloodstain
It's just a sword guard hilt and pommel.
I must feast upon my owns life blood. To activate this weapon you must hurt your self roll 1d4 for damage and pure blood on the crossguard to form the blade the shape of the blade takes what ever shape you like. This weapon counts as finesse. It is a +1 weapon that deals 1d10 damage. When you deal damage to a creature that's not a undead, construct, ect... the damage you Delta you gain temp hp of that amount.
nice idea and fixed some mistakes