PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of the Zen

Xerillum
2007-07-11, 03:41 PM
An earthen pit appears in the church district. In it are trees, a koi pond, and a large tatami mat with a wooden altar before it. on the wooden altar there are two holes, one with a black, shimmering knife resting in it. The other is empty. There is a Zen garden near the altar, and the prayer area is covered by a woven bamboo canopy.

The knives are the Zen Knives, and they are surrounded by a divine forcecage. Only Zen Masters can use the higher powers, and there hasn't been a Zen Master for 576 years. The knives can be combined to create the True Zen, but this can only be done with the life-force of 3 individuals.

Zen Knife-Silver
Higher Powers: Creation, Ressurecting
Lower Powers: Opening planar portals, cutting steak

Zen Knife-Black
Higher Powers: Destruction, Killing
Lower Powers: Opening temporal portals, slicing roast

True Zen
Power: Bestowing superhuman strength and agility

Xerillum pops into existence with Salty, Wynd, and Sparky. Wynd meditates above the altar, and Xerillum replaces the Zen Knife. Sparky plays in the koi pond, and Salty leaves, while Xerillum studies the Zen Prophecy

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 04:37 PM
A small hut falls from the sky, along with grass. Wynd goes into the hut, and puts up some paintings and such decorationy stuff. He opens a box, and pulls a large key out. It is cast bronze, and looks very old. He opens a locked door in the hut, which is odd, because it is only one room, and the hut is freestanding. He casts a few things into the door, locks it, returns the key to the box, seals the box, and places the box in another plane with the Zen Knife.

thehothead
2007-07-12, 04:40 PM
The lone backpacker walks in.
I see you have also opened a temple.

Have many people done worship here?

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 04:48 PM
Wynd blows outside, and coalesces into human form. Three.

thehothead
2007-07-12, 04:51 PM
I see. The homesick child has few worshipers, but takes many prayers to no one in particular.

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 04:54 PM
Something makes a sound, and the Blades are jiggling around, a white aura surrounding them. Wynd shifts into another form, and returns to human form. Have you had any training in magic or psionics?

thehothead
2007-07-12, 04:56 PM
No. My only training is that which years lost in the wilderness have provided.

Xerillum
2007-07-12, 05:02 PM
I see. The Zen Blades are powerful artifacts. They draw on natural energy. I believe they are sensing a powerful energy source. I have never seen them do this before. Xerillum walks in from the street, holding a tattered scroll. Wynd, I was looking through these Zen Scrolls, and I found something. He whispers in Wynd's ear.

Xerillum
2007-07-14, 08:56 AM
Wynd sends the man on his way, and discusses the situation with Xerillum. They pocket the Zen Knives, an portal to trogs.