PDA

View Full Version : All the on-line gamers in the world, clap your hands....

ARMOURERERIC
2007-07-12, 02:39 AM
.................So Rich can get well.

phobiandarkmoon
2007-07-12, 05:53 AM
*clap clap*

Although a) I don't usually like similar threads and b) I'm not entirely sure which definition of 'on-line gamer' you are referring to, I shall make an exception for Rich

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-12, 10:06 PM
Freeze! Every body clap your hands!

*clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapc lapclapclapclap*

4 points to whoever names the Rap song that's from.

Answer quickly, before Bloddyredcommie realizes I'm handing out his points.

Renegade Paladin
2007-07-12, 10:18 PM
I can't name the song, but one of the marching band instructors in high school was fond of it...

Anyway:

http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/JPEGs/heropoints.jpg

bluish_wolf
2007-07-12, 10:40 PM
Freeze! Every body clap your hands!

*clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapc lapclapclapclap*

4 points to whoever names the Rap song that's from.

Answer quickly, before Bloddyredcommie realizes I'm handing out his points.

Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper.

I didn't actually know that, I just used a search engine.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 12:18 AM
Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper.

I didn't actually know that, I just used a search engine.

Excellent work! Normally I would have dropped you to 2 points for using a search engine, but since you were honest, I will bring you back up to 3 points. You can turn them in for an Oreo, a balloon, or a Freeze-dried baby!

Alysar
2007-07-13, 12:22 AM
I play D&D in an IRC room, so....

*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPC LAPCLAPCLAP*

::Claps with one hand::

*CL*

::Claps with the other hand::

*AP*

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 12:27 AM

*CL*

*AP*

Heh, good one. Two points. Crumbled oreo or deflated balloon. Pick one.

Triggerhappy938
2007-07-13, 01:17 AM
*Clap Clap Rage Charge Full point power sneak attack*

Icewalker
2007-07-13, 02:11 AM
*clap clap*

*clap*

*Icewalker's aimed shot crits Rich's Illness for 2487 damage*

(Yay WoW)

de-trick
2007-07-13, 02:36 AM
clap quietly because everone is sleeping and would get pissed if i woke them up

clap, clap, clap, clap

we need a cleric or a 6th level paladin for rich cast remove disease, does anyone have one we can spare for rich

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 02:33 PM
clap quietly because everone is sleeping and would get pissed if i woke them up

clap, clap, clap, clap

we need a cleric or a 6th level paladin for rich cast remove disease, does anyone have one we can spare for rich

Don't druids get some sort of thunder clap spell?

*CLAP!*

fangthane
2007-07-13, 02:46 PM

*CL*

*AP*

Hmmm.

Shouldn't that be more like this?

*CA*

*LP*

Because if your left hand is swinging all the way over to hit the L key, you're not typing properly. One hand should be providing C and A, the other L and P. :smallbiggrin:

All I could think about reading these, though, was that Billy Mack was a detective down in Texas. *clapclapclapclapclap*

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 02:53 PM
Hmmm.

*CA*

*LP*

Because if your left hand is swinging all the way over to hit the L key, you're not typing properly. One hand should be providing C and A, the other L and P. :smallbiggrin:

All I could think about reading these, though, was that Billy Mack was a detective down in Texas. *clapclapclapclapclap*

You funny guy. I kill you last.

Edit: Hey, look, 3 bard avatars in a row! Quick, Thane, post again! We can try for 4! or 5!

Alysar
2007-07-13, 02:59 PM
Hmmm.

*CA*

*LP*

You need to read more Discworld. :smallwink:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 03:00 PM

You wrecked the bard chain. You should be ashamed.

fangthane
2007-07-13, 03:15 PM

People keep telling me that, but nobody ever has a suggestion as to where to begin - and the last time I gave one of Pratchett's books an audition, I loathed the experience and didn't get past the first few pages. Admittedly, though, that was a long time ago*. I tell you what, PM me suggestions and if I change my mind, I'll recant publicly. :smallbiggrin:

Bard avatars (as well as the class they represent) rock! :smallamused:
Show me any other class who can remove 20 curses in 20 minutes. :smalltongue:

*Also admittedly, I'd originally felt the same way about Donaldson since some idiot advised I start with his short stories. I was much more impressed with Bane than I was with Regals.

As a final thought, perhaps we should just show our approval with a mold-friendly thumbs up? :smallbiggrin:

Stormwolf
2007-07-13, 06:34 PM
People keep telling me that, but nobody ever has a suggestion as to where to begin - and the last time I gave one of Pratchett's books an audition, I loathed the experience and didn't get past the first few pages. Admittedly, though, that was a long time ago*. I tell you what, PM me suggestions and if I change my mind, I'll recant publicly. :smallbiggrin:

The best place to start with Discworld novels (especially if you have read a number of other well-known fantasy authors) is at the beginning with The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic. If nothing else you should enjoy the not-so veiled nods to (amongst others) Fritz Lieber and Anne McCaffrey. Several of the Discworld novels have themes which also parody other genres / authors and are much funnier if you have read the 'source' - (e.g. Wyrd Sisters is Hamlet).

You don't have to read the books in order, but there is a general chronological series order - characters often reappear and aren't always fully re-introduced. The later books do build on existing concepts and tend to take certain things 'as understood' by the reader (although you don't have to understand every reference to enjoy the individual stories it does help if you have the background. Reading Reaper Man or Soul Music before reading Mort or any of the Sam Vimes / Carrot stories without having read Guards Guards means you're missing out.

Picking favourites is too hard, but I always enjoy Pyramids (especially the first part where Pteppic is taking the Assassins' Guild practical exam). I always wanted another story about him :)

den452001
2007-07-15, 12:17 AM
*Clapclap clap clap clap clap*

DreadSpoon
2007-07-15, 01:25 AM
He's already sick, so why are you people trying to give him the clap?