PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm for Homebrew Samurai Class

Mandruck
2016-11-05, 10:45 AM
Hey everyone, I've been toying around with this for a couple of hours and decided I need some help with coming up with various abilities and weaknesses of this class. It's my first homebrew class I've made so any help would be appreciated.

So far, I've given it equipment proficiency in medium and heavy armor, simple and martial weapons, and a skill list from: Insight, Intimidate, History, Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, Survival (Choose two)

I've come up with three abilities that still need possible balance and level placement:

Lion’s Rush- Sprint forward equal to your full movement action in a single direction. All enemies you pass within 5 feet take 2d6 damage. Damage type varies on the weapon you're using. You may use this ability once per long rest

Parrying Form- When attacked you may roll 1d4 and subtract the result from the attack roll. If this causes the opponent to miss, you may unleash a counter strike. You can use this ability equal to half of your samurai level per short rest. (Minimum of 1)

Destroy Missiles- You may use your reaction to destroy any incoming non-magical projectile you have a clear line of sight on that's targeted at you. You may use this ability 1 plus your samurai level times per day.

Any help or constructive criticism will be much appreciated, I just want this to be a fun martial class able to deal with multiple foes. I also feel I should make it clear that I'm not going for the historically accurate samurai but moreso the fantasy romanticized samurai. Thanks in advance!