PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder New Race and 4 Tweaked Races (PEACH)

Grytorm
2016-11-06, 03:49 PM
Blugh. Accidently wiped this. Minor changes to Gnomes, Orcs and Goblins. Adding a couple of abilities to Kobolds. And a race of climby reptiles.

Tuata
Humanoid (Reptillian)
+2 Dex +2 Wis -2 Str
Size: Medium
Movement 30 ft.
Natural Armor bonus +1
Dextrous Feet: Reduce movement penalties for difficult terrain by one step:
Good Climber: The Tuata have a +2 Bonus to climb skill checks and use their Dexterity bonus instead of their Strength bonus. Climb is always a class skill for them.
Better Climber: Tuata move at their regular speed when climbing and as long as they are on solid ground at the end of their move do not need to have their hands free to climb.
Limber Limbs: Tuata when calculating damage from a fall treat the fall distance 10 feet shorter.

The Tuata are a race of rocky desert dwelling Reptillians. They have spiny ridges over their back, shoulders and head. Their skin is typically in some shade of brown or beige and is fairly tough. When they wear full outfits they tend to prefer to wear a durable undergarment that covers their torso and a much looser over garment which tied to the undershirt. Mood wise they tend to be fairly cheerful amongst themselves and close allies but often find that their conversations with the various Pigskined often are often uncomfortable because the different facial structure.

Slippery: Kobolds are a brave yet cautious race. They do not provoke attacks of opportunity from opponents who they are flanking or who are denied their Dexterity bonus to Armor Class.
Double Step: Kobolds may as a free action forsake their five foot step for the turn to move ten feet. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal but works with Slippery.

Orcs: +4 Str, -2 Int, -2 Cha. I feel like this should round them out a little, allowing them to be decent divine casters but still be weak mentally. Also, Scarred Witch Doctor should be partially reverted to the original.
Goblins: +4 Dex, -2 Str, -2 Wis. I want the pathfinder nutty goblins policy to have some mechanical justification. I feel like a poor Wis is the best scare to represent the didn't think this through nature of Goblins.
Gnomes: +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Str. I want to have this in order to distinguish them from Halflings. With this they would be fairly good Wizards, but personally I think it goes with the inquisitive aspect of their characterization quite well.

neriractor
2016-11-06, 06:08 PM
good climber should say they use the best between strength and dexterity, just in case somebody wants to play a strong, clumsy Tuata that still remains a good character. Costs nothing and shows you care :smallwink: