PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Shadowcaster v2.2

Siirvos
2016-12-10, 05:50 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19uU8nZ0XVVV1RCeHVrS0pFbFE/view?usp=sharing

Similar to the Unearthed Arcana's Mystic, the Shadowcaster, or shadow adept, is a user of the shadow weave and is sure to throw off spellcasters with their unique brand of magic!

13 pages of homebrew content, a new class, two archetypes, and dozens of spell abilities!

Updated base proficiencies to be in line with the bard and warlock, edited the archetypes for balance and clarity, as well as some spell abilities for simplicity.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

CunningKindred
2016-12-11, 05:03 AM
This looks quite brilliant. I was thinking of trying to adapt this class. I think yours might actually be better than the original. I'm going to have to spend some time reading it all but this does look very good. I love the way that many of the effects are not spells - allowing you to capture the only really powerful aspect of the original class without changing 5E rules.

Siirvos
2016-12-11, 08:43 AM
Thank you kindly. Its been a couple of months work trying to figure out a good way to adapt the class into its current iteration. Please tell me if you find something particularly out of balance with the class. I'm still looking to playtest it and would be grateful if you can contribute in that way.

SilverStud
2016-12-13, 11:18 AM
So I like this a lot. It's really cool. I really don't know what else to say, other than that my players are going to encounter a couple of these..... hehehe

Siirvos
2016-12-14, 02:09 PM
No need to say more. Thank you for reading, and please post your results!