PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Titan Class

ConZon4
2016-12-10, 06:47 PM
First time doing this, hope I get the spoilers right. I need some help on a class Idea, info on how to keep the class fairly balanced alongside the other D&D5e classes. I'm doing it mostly meself, but contributors will be credited if I take some advice from them.

Anyway, the class is the Titan, with it's three branches, Wall, Insane, and Berserker. The Wall uses shields as minor weapons and major defensive boosts to their allies. They may be able to use two shields, and maybe use a shield to provide cover, I dunno. Tanky support.
John fell to the floor, grasping at his left leg in pain, unable to move. The battalion of archers drew their bows immediately after their leader, and began to draw back their strings. John knew this would be it unless he hit some sort of luck streak. However, as the archers let loose their arrows, it all seemed too real. He was going to die. And then the projectiles slammed at a rapid rate into surface. But wait, something wasn’t right, John was alive! He looked up and saw his ally, a wall of might, Anomaly, standing there, his towering monolith of a shield obstructing his view of the enemy. “I thought you had this, where was that ‘I have a plan’, hmm?” “Ahh, bah-humbug, just sit tight, i’ll be up in a jiffy.”

The Insane is just that, insane. They use insanity to power up their tenaciousness, and give themselves other coolio benefits. Tankish.
The chapel exploded in a beautiful flowering plume of flame. The orcs were astonished by the roars and sheer size of the tower of inferno before them. But then they were perplexed, which wasn’t unusual for one of their tribe, but even the shaman appeared confused. A man strode out of the fire, covered in flames. As he exited the heated blaze, the fire quickly died out. Covered in a set of charred, destroyed clothes, the man stood before the chief and…..grinned. “FIRE!”, the chieftain shouted, and so they did, all the archers of the tribe rained projectiles of wood and metal, most of which pierced the man. The sheer force of these projectiles drove him back several feet, and snapped his body back, seemingly ending his life in an instant. Seemingly. Not but a few seconds after all became quiet, the man slowly brought his back up straight, and then down crookedly, pierced throughout the entirety of his body, laughing maniacally the whole way. He pulled out several arrows in spots that seemed to cause discomfort, and began to crack several bones on his body, including his neck and knuckles. The insane man clenched his fist, and that’s when he decided he would pull out the nails from the chieftain’s hands, just to see how long it took him to beg for mercy.

The Berserker is a STR/DEX class that uses immense strength to wield two two-handed weapons, but they have little armor. Damage based, of course ^-^
The example of this I'm quite proud of, but be critical if you have to on my narration skills.
The soldiers looked about, that man they had seen in the distance approaching, he was gone. He was there, and then he wasn’t. “Look!”, and out from the treeline he leapt into the air, this monstrosity of a man, bearing but light armor, with pure ecstasy-filled eyes, as if this was what he lived for. There was no calculation, this the veteran commander could tell, but he could also see that it didn’t matter. The confidence in this man was immense, and it didn’t take long to see why the commander quickly regretted taking this post. The berserker was carrying two swords, but that wasn’t the amazing part. The amazing part came when he realized those swords were six feet long.

Really hope I did the spoilers right. Thank god for editing. So, any thoughts or ideas for how to keep them balanced?

I should really try to do a The Darkness class. That'd be neat. Shadow-Dancer+Necro? Naaaah.

Leuku
2016-12-10, 07:40 PM
Where is the class?

JNAProductions
2016-12-10, 08:41 PM
Where is the class?

Seconding this. I'd love to let you know how to make the class better... But it's not there.

Sariel Vailo
2016-12-11, 03:39 AM
lets sart with necasary class abilty scores i say strength and con should be highest

khadgar567
2016-12-11, 05:28 AM
lets sart with necasary class abilty scores i say strength and con should be highest
for insane one i say we need lower than 10 to be effective but who cares int for insane one shall we.