PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sacred Oath - Oath of Legacy [PEACH]

Kellendros95
2016-12-12, 03:55 AM
I sometimes create class archetypes for my group. The last one is paladin, who seek secrets of lost civilizations and tries to get as many ancient magic items as possible. These paladins are't really powerful in themselves, but they abilities allow them to get the best equipment, which levels the playing field. I create them for my magical post-apocalypse campaign and they are inspired by Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout.
Naturalcrit link (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJXl89qXg)
My English isn't very good, so I apologize for grammatical, spelling and stylistic mistakes and I hope you will tell me about them as well as about your opinion of the archetype.

Oath of Legacy
The Oath of Legacy is dedicated to the magical secrets, remaining from lost civilizations. The paladins who swear this oath are archaeologists, seekers of long-forgotten knowledge and keepers of powerful magic items.

Tenets of Legacy
Paladins of this oath are highly organized and almost always follow this tenets.
Preservation. Every piece of information about lost civilizations has great value and should not be lost. You have to protect it and don't let anyone destroy it.
Collecting. Usually, the best person to possess power of ancient magic secrets is you or one of your brothers and sisters in oath.
Prudence. Your work gives you access to great power, you must use it wisely. Remember that your knowledge is incomplete, and ancient magic can be dangerous even for one who use it.

Oath Spells
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.

Paladin level
Spells

3rd
divine favor, identify

5th
knock, locate object

9th
counterspell, remove curse

13th
dimension door, leomund’s secret chest

17th
circle of power, legend lore

Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following Channel Divinity options.
The Wrong Hands. As an action, you present say that your enemy has no rights to possess his magic items. Choose one creature within 60 feet from you that can hear you. That creature must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature can't use its attunement to magic items within next minute.
Speak with Ancient. As an action, you summon an animating spirit into a dead body. Effect is equal to speak with dead spell, except that it doesn't require extant mouth and works only if body is dead at least one hundred years.

Magic Awareness
Beginning at 7th level, you are always under the effect of a detect magic spell.

Use Magic Device
By 15th level, you have learned enough about the workings of magic that you can improvise the use of items even when they are not intended for you. You ignore all class, race, and level requirements on the use of magic items. Also, you can attune to four magic items at the same time, rather than three.

At 20th level, you can revive the power of eldritch secrets within yourself. As an action, you summon ghosts of ancient mages to your aid. For 1 minute, you gain the following benefits:

You can cast counterspell as a 3rd level spell without spending reaction and spell slot and without providing any spell components.
All weapons and armor, wielded by you or by creatures you choose within 30 feet from you become +3 magical weapons and armor in addition to other magical properties (if any).
You can use your Channel Divinity as a bonus action, rather than action.