PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Occult Ritual] Soul Atonement

Xuldarinar
2016-12-16, 04:57 AM
Soul Atonement
School: Transmutation [good]; Level 6
Casting Time 1 hour
Components V, S, M (rare incense and offerings worth at least 5,000 gp), F (a set of prayer beads or other prayer device worth at least 500 gp), SC (At least 1, up to 12)
Skill Checks Diplomacy DC 26, 3 successes; Knowledge (religion) DC 26, 2 successes; Knowledge (planes) DC 26, 1 success.
Range primary caster
Duration Instantaneous
Saving Throw None; Spell Resistance yes
Backlash All casters gain 1 temporary negative level.
Failure Primary caster gains 1 permanent negative level.

Effect
Every outsider is composed of quintessence, the aligned essence that makes up the outer planes. Typically, once the soul is judged and an outsider is formed, it forever remains with this quintessence until they are destroyed. Through tireless pursuit, what can be best described as an atonement for those souls already judged has been devised, converting the evil quintessence that makes up an evil outsider's body into good quintessence.

This sacred ritual must take place in a holy site with all secondary casters possessing the good alignment, and at least one possess an Aura of Good. The primary caster must be an outsider with the [Evil] and be truly repentant. During this ritual, the primary caster must offer prayers to a good aligned deity to not only forgive their misdeeds but also remove the stains that forever burden them. As the ritual continues, a thematic display begins to build dependent upon the deity reached out to.

At the end of the ritual, the prayers too reach their end. If the ritual was successful, a brilliant display in line with the deity occurs and the evil quintessence of the primary caster's form is transformed. The primary caster loses the [Evil] subtype and gains the [Good] subtype, but all involved are weakened.

khadgar567
2016-12-16, 06:08 AM
is this for the good succubus treat mate?

Xuldarinar
2016-12-16, 06:34 AM
is this for the good succubus treat mate?

I was inspired by all the Good succubus discussions.

With this, a succubus can reasonably make the diplomacy checks, and a cleric (or related class) is required to be present which can have pumped up ranks for Knowledge (religion) and possibly Knowledge (planes). Trick is figuring this exists then convincing them to help.

khadgar567
2016-12-16, 06:53 AM
xulnidar I am not expert on DM fluff but this smells to me like reason for adventure it self. lets think for both sides angels want to either destroy the records for this spell or try to get plane wide version so they can win the war. devils and demons want to again destroy this spells records or reverse engineer the spell so they can wipe the good from universe this spell is to powerful to left in wrong hand ( this includes crones in absalom island)

Xuldarinar
2016-12-16, 03:21 PM
xulnidar I am not expert on DM fluff but this smells to me like reason for adventure it self. lets think for both sides angels want to either destroy the records for this spell or try to get plane wide version so they can win the war. devils and demons want to again destroy this spells records or reverse engineer the spell so they can wipe the good from universe this spell is to powerful to left in wrong hand ( this includes crones in absalom island)

It very well could be. At this point, it is basically an enhanced version of the atonement spells. Can't be used on an unwilling target, and it must have the Outsider to be changed as the Primary Caster instead of just the target, but it doesn't do anything that resources haven't already done.

If memory serves, in Savage Species, there was a ritual (3e though) that removed aligned subtypes, and another that grants them.

But back to your note, maybe others would try.

inuyasha
2016-12-17, 04:56 AM
Does this ritual have any effect on the following?

Evil spell-like abilities
Not technically evil, but certainly not good abilities (I.E. negative levels)
Appearance

This is a pretty awesome concept!

Xuldarinar
2016-12-17, 06:48 AM
Does this ritual have any effect on the following?

Evil spell-like abilities
Not technically evil, but certainly not good abilities (I.E. negative levels)
Appearance

This is a pretty awesome concept!

By raw here, no. That being said, it wouldn't be unreasonable.. Maybe..

SLAs that possess the [Evil] descriptor could be replaced with SLAs of the same level and list. Only thing it would effect for, say, succubi would be their summoning ability.

Lets say... summon (level 3, 1 Bralani 50%)