PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty International

StickMan
2007-07-18, 10:25 PM
Was wondering if there were any members of Amnesty International in the playground.

I was a member back at my high schools group now I'm thinking about starting one at my college wanted to see if any one has any advice on starting a group, in college or just in general?

Renegade Paladin
2007-07-18, 10:46 PM
Just so you know, this is a very politically charged subject. You just might want to think about where this could lead before the discussion actually goes anywhere.

StickMan
2007-07-18, 11:00 PM
Well if the mods want to lock it they can but I'm not trying to be political. I was just wanting to know if anyone was a member and advice on starting a group at my school. Your right though some people do hate the whole everyone in the world has basic human rights (http://web.amnesty.org/pages/aboutai-udhr-eng) thing. Amnesty never registers with me as political as most of the work I have done with them deals with things like plz stop killing people who want democracy, and were just saying women are just as smart as men plz treat them as such.

LotharBot
2007-07-18, 11:52 PM
AI is most definitely a political organization. I can't say more under the forum rules. Sorry.

Gygaxphobia
2007-07-19, 01:54 AM
I cancelled my AI membership due to recognising it's double-dealing hypocrisy. 'Noth said.