PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Level 6 5e Character

mchawi
2017-01-16, 02:19 PM
My friends and I are doing a one off. We are doing it to get are new player use to the world of D&D. She is playing a rouge and to allow her to use her abilities, it will be slightly a stealthy session. At the moment we have a party of a rouge and a ranger. I was wondering what would be a fun character I could play? you should know is that we must be drow. I was thinking about being a caster but I wanted to play someone that could help out the rouge, without taking over her job. It doesnt matter what class I am, but be creative, it is a one off. I just want everyone to have fun :smallbiggrin:

EvilAnagram
2017-01-16, 02:23 PM
Is it sexist to make a woman play as rouge? You'd think she could play as a person, maybe a rogue since it's a stealthy campaign.

Anyways, a Trickster Cleric or Druid could work thanks to a Channel Divinity and Pass Without Trace, respectively.

Specter
2017-01-16, 02:32 PM
A few ideas:

- Paladin 6: Aura of Protection. Nuff said.

- Lore Bard 6: any two spells you want from any class.

- Ranger 5/Life Cleric 1: let the goodberry times roll.

CantigThimble
2017-01-16, 02:38 PM
Trickery cleric? I think your party could use a bit more frontline and you will be quite good at supporting the rogue. If you go from your wisdom will be a little below par but I think the racial spells make up for that since you're starting with all of them.

The Ship's dog
2017-01-16, 04:06 PM
Whilst it may be sub-par, it's only for a 1 off game so, have you considered going a Battlemaster Fighter? You get some pretty sweet features and proficiencies as well as good armour but the main thing I'm looking at are the manoeuvres.

Seeing as you are guarenteed to have a Rogue in your party, both Commander's Strike and Distracting Strike become so much better. You can also pick up Menacing attack for some control over the battlefield or pick up Riposter for more damage for yourself.

You could go Two Weapon Fighting for the classic Drow if you wanted to go for dual-wielding Scimitars (Dex/Str option) or you could go Great Weapon Fighting for extra damage.

CursedRhubarb
2017-01-16, 05:05 PM
Since it's a one-off, just for fun, and you're Drow:

Could be a Drow Barbarian who has spent enough time fighting against Dwarves in the tunnels that you've learned to harness some of their savage tactics, enabling you to become... Battlerager!

Some fluff backstory tossed in for a reason a non-Dwarf would be able to be one :D