PDA

View Full Version : Must have spells for Curse of Strahd

othaero
2017-01-22, 01:38 PM
I am currently playing an Abjurer wizard in curse of strahd. (forest gnome str 8 dex 13 con 15 int 16 wis 13 cha 10) party composition is 2 clerics ( one who is probably switching to a paladin) a monk, a warlock, a barbarian, and a rogue ( large party I know right)

My question is what spells would you consider a must need for Strahd? I already picked up protection from evil and good and it has worked wonders. Also should I use one of my ASIs for a feat or just boost INT?

hymer
2017-01-22, 02:06 PM
I am currently playing an Abjurer wizard in curse of strahd. (forest gnome str 8 dex 13 con 15 int 16 wis 13 cha 10) party composition is 2 clerics ( one who is probably switching to a paladin) a monk, a warlock, a barbarian, and a rogue ( large party I know right)

My question is what spells would you consider a must need for Strahd? I already picked up protection from evil and good and it has worked wonders. Also should I use one of my ASIs for a feat or just boost INT?

Umm... Are you asking for spoilers?

Temperjoke
2017-01-22, 02:20 PM
What is your role in the party? That can have a big impact on what is considered a vital spell.

In general, while trying to avoid spoilers, I'd go for spells that can support your teammates and spells that allow you to hit groups of things. Magic Weapon for example, while a concentration spell, lets you turn someone's weapon into a magic weapon, which can give them a means to fight enemies that are resistant or immune to regular weapons. Enlarge/Reduce can work as both a physical boost or a debuff depending on who you use it on. Leomund's Tiny Hut is a nice spell to help your party rest and recover while in dangerous territory. Misty Step is an excellent spell for keeping yourself safe and side-stepping obstacles.

Draco4472
2017-01-22, 02:59 PM
Well as an abjurer, Counterspell and Dispel Magic are a must.

Whether these spells will benefit you in Curse of Strahd depends on if you fight casters or not.

Anymore detail would be spoiling Curse of Strahd.

Specter
2017-01-22, 05:51 PM
Shield, Absorb Elements, Counterspell and Dispel Magic are the standard abjurer kit.

Blur is a good one for fights where you're overwhelmed with enemies, and CoS certainly has those.

Banishment is like a panic button, when someone has to go or they'll all die.

imneuromancer
2017-01-23, 01:58 PM
I've heard there is a vampire in Curse of Strahd, so maybe something good against vampires?