PDA

View Full Version : After 3 years...

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-20, 06:53 AM
...I finnally get a Haircut....

Discuss.

Dhavaer
2007-07-20, 07:06 AM
Did the hairdresser look at you funny? They always look at me funny, and I don't wait nearly that long.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-20, 07:08 AM
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: WHYYYY?:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:
I love long hair... boohoohoo

Dhavaer
2007-07-20, 07:10 AM
:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: WHYYYY?:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:
I love long hair... boohoohoo

How long do you prefer?

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-20, 07:19 AM
When I say long, I don't mean the "emo" style., I don't like guys who spend too much time in front of a mirror.
I like long hair (longer than the shoulders length) , especially dark or brown. I like it when it is free and wild, and not made with the hairdryer :smallconfused:

Valairn
2007-07-20, 07:29 AM
Oh sweet delicious long hair, my military buzz misses you, it cries in the night for freedom to grow!

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-20, 07:32 AM
My hair grows friggin' fast, but it curls naturally, so I never get any kind of hanging hair; just curly poofy hair.

Dhavaer
2007-07-20, 07:35 AM
My hair grows fast and is generally wavy. I haven't had it to my shoulders in a long time, but it might get there in another few months.

Dispozition
2007-07-20, 07:42 AM
I have to get mine cut about every 4-6 months because of school. It can't touch the collar, although I can get away with it for about a month like that.

My hair is generally just over my eyebrows on the front, over the ear lobes on the sides and about 2cm over my collar on the back.

LCR
2007-07-20, 07:44 AM
Hooray for Beatles-style moptops!

PlatinumJester
2007-07-20, 07:48 AM
I hate having my haircut especially at the barbars. Good thing my dad learnt how to cut hair when he was young.

KoDT69
2007-07-20, 07:50 AM
When I say long, I don't mean the "emo" style., I don't like guys who spend too much time in front of a mirror.
I like long hair (longer than the shoulders length) , especially dark or brown. I like it when it is free and wild, and not made with the hairdryer :smallconfused:

At first glance I missed the word "don't" before "emo style" and I prepared to rant :smallfrown: I'm glad you have the good taste to not go for that junk. I really don't understand any of that emo crap at all. My neighbor's 16 year-old daughter always raves about emo guys :smallconfused: When I ask why, even she doesn't really have an answer. It's just a media fad and she's going with her crowd is my guess. :smallfurious:

A lot of my friends have long hair, and one in particular makes the girls jealous. He spends a little time on it, but definitely not excessive, and he's not obsessed over it. :smallsmile: I keep mine short though, not normally more than 3" long at the longest.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-20, 08:17 AM
Yep she's just a fashion victim.
As for you Dhavaer, I'm sure it's going to grow really nice. Wavy hair.. my fav.

And poofy? mr Skenardo, your hair must be really special! Curly hair is sweet!

As for me, I have long brown hair (sometimes dyed violet-dark red), a bit wavy, and long. At the top of my head I have shorter hair, I like it, it looks wild :smallsmile:

Dragor
2007-07-20, 08:25 AM
I'd like my hair long, but my Mum is getting totalitarian with my hair. Shame.

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-20, 08:33 AM
my hair is very untamed, not a single product has touched this hair (except the nightly shampoo, but that doesn't really do much anyway...), in the morning I give it a quick brush (16 strokes, no more) just to keep it from curling up too bad(hate curly hair)... well, it'll be back in a little while, generally hair grows back faster if you cut it at great lengths:biggrin:.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-20, 08:40 AM
u still dind't answer.... WHY???

bye bye all i'm gonna give my last exam in 2 hrs and then... VACATIONS!!!

Narmoth
2007-07-20, 09:06 AM
Well, I guess some people just give up. I have kept my hair uncut since 2002, and I'm not going to cut it in the nearest future either.

Fallon
2007-07-20, 09:23 AM
I LOVE getting my hair cut! As long as it is done well. I've gotten my hair done by my best friend's mom at her salon for many years now, been her model for different classes, test subject for experiments, and gotten it done from prom and my wedding and such. It's one of the few 'girly' things I enjoy. I just got it done Tuesday for the first time in about a year (wanted to pay full price for it, since I don't see her or her daughter as much anymore and she's totally worth full price) and it felt wonderful :) I've never gotten my hair cut as well by anyone else, maybe because she's just that good and knows me so well. But yeah, if you get a sucky haircut, then it just bites.

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-20, 09:25 AM
u still dind't answer.... WHY???

bye bye all i'm gonna give my last exam in 2 hrs and then... VACATIONS!!!

because, it was just getting too long...and i felt like a bit of a change, short hair: so i could maybe try and grow it a little straighter(am I talking about Hair or a plant?:smallbiggrin:j/k)

also: curly hair makes you look like an Idiot in my helmet, trust me: curly hair just ruins that medival feel, it kept my eyes lower than the eye holes for it... :'(

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-20, 09:28 AM
I haven't had a haircut since December 2003 :elan:

Tom_Violence
2007-07-20, 10:58 AM
Good on you. Long hair on men makes them look like women. Women who never got past the late 80s. And live inside all day. And probably engage in asocial pursuits and never have any contact with the real world.

Midnight Son
2007-07-20, 11:26 AM
I cut my hair every week or two. In fact I'm about to go cut it now. it's gotten way too long. It's sitting right at about three millimeters.:smallcool:

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-20, 11:55 AM
Good on you. Long hair on men makes them look like women. Women who never got past the late 80s. And live inside all day. And probably engage in asocial pursuits and never have any contact with the real world.

Funny, because I think long hair makes men look a lot better and no less masculine. :smallconfused:

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-20, 02:22 PM
I have a mulet and rediculously big sideburns

Oh and I shave my chin

Rama_Lei
2007-07-20, 02:28 PM
Photos? I gotta see this.

Wraithy
2007-07-20, 02:46 PM
I'm a bit new to having long hair (last cut in december '05), the first year was a nightmare, and because all of my ID had to be renewed in that year, all of my cards make me look like a mushroom. luckily it reached the perfect length to tie back for my exams. because of my hair I get alot of complaints from idiots, mainly wearing fake burberry, well better flowing in the wind than covered in hair gel (reconstituted McFlurry).
I can't imagine cutting my hair (for one, no other style suits me), but then again people have very different types of hair which dictate what they can and can't do with it. one size never fits all.
hope you get as much enjoyment from your hair as you can

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-20, 03:16 PM
Photos? I gotta see this.

I dont have a scaner,or a digital camera:smallfrown:

Breaon
2007-07-20, 03:22 PM
Just promise yourself that if/when genetics catches up to you, and it starts to thin and recede (which started to me at the ripe age of 20), you'll cut it before you look like a slicked back, greasy used-car salesman with the thinnest of pulled back hair.

It's why I keep mine shaved now. I miss my mid-back length, straight soft brown hair :(

Wraithy
2007-07-20, 03:31 PM
oh yeah, if you do ever start balding, go the full way and shave it all off. pull an O

Tom_Violence
2007-07-20, 03:57 PM
Funny, because I think long hair makes men look a lot better and no less masculine. :smallconfused:

Well, that's your problem and sadly you're just gonna have to deal with it by yourself. :smalltongue:

How could anyone endorse this?!

http://www.atu2.com/events/85/liveaid/bad3.jpg

Logic
2007-07-20, 04:25 PM
I like my hair short, and get it cut every 2-3 weeks, mostly because of my "Military buzz."

When I was a normal civilian, the only time I didn't get a haircut was to either prove a point, or because I was too cheap or lazy to get it done.

Orzel
2007-07-20, 05:54 PM
I get a cut every 7 days. I have to cut the naps and straighten my hairline.

My hair hasn't been over an inch in 10 years (when I had cornrows/afro).

Vuzzmop
2007-07-20, 06:42 PM
I had long hair for ages, looking something like Princess Diana after being stuck in the wilderness for five weeks. Then I got a haircut for the play I'm in, which makes me look just a tad like Ellen De'generous. Why do I always have feminine hair? Girls seem to like it, but not in the "Oh, he's so cute!" way, more like the "Oh, he's so cute, like a squirrell!" way. Long hair still rocks though.

tobian
2007-07-20, 07:41 PM
I've been trying for about 7 months now to grow out my hair from short. The problem however is that it isn't working out like I would have thought. The top seems to want to grow faster than any other part, and my hair is absolutely straight. (As in, I had a friend of a friend who asked when we first met if I had used a straightener on my hair, and when I told her no, she told me that girls would kill for my hair.)

I'm about to break down and go back to short. At least then it wouldn't get in my face all the time. :smallconfused:

Dean Fellithor
2007-07-20, 09:53 PM
I had long hair for ages, looking something like Princess Diana after being stuck in the wilderness for five weeks. Then I got a haircut for the play I'm in, which makes me look just a tad like Ellen De'generous. Why do I always have feminine hair? Girls seem to like it, but not in the "Oh, he's so cute!" way, more like the "Oh, he's so cute, like a squirrell!" way. Long hair still rocks though.

animal names: they stick, you know you have problems when women give you them...

Leper_Kahn
2007-07-20, 10:35 PM
...I finnally get a Haircut....

Discuss.

Dude you rock. I just shaved my head after 2 years of hair from an already long point. I feel so free!

Lemur
2007-07-20, 10:49 PM
Three years? I'm going on five. I've gone from "long hair for a guy" to "long hair, period." Thing is, I don't think it's getting any longer at this point.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-22, 06:04 AM

Well said :smallsmile:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/ekithebun/viking2.jpg

Narmoth
2007-07-22, 12:58 PM
Three years? I'm going on five. I've gone from "long hair for a guy" to "long hair, period." Thing is, I don't think it's getting any longer at this point.

Just cut an inch of the ends on those parts you want to grow longer.:smalltongue:

Drider
2007-07-23, 08:45 AM
when i stand up, my hair reaches a few(3-4) inches away from my legs...have'nt cut it since 1996 july 17

geek_2049
2007-07-23, 10:07 AM
I grew my hair out for two years, then cut it. Since then I average about one hair cut a year and that is in spring, right before summer. I am a hippie-geek @ heart. What can I say?

AtomicKitKat
2007-07-24, 10:54 AM
From Feb 2000(when I finished active service) till November 2003(when I was called back), I didn't get a haircut. My hair went till around my waist and could even sweep my feet if I leaned back far enough.:smallbiggrin:

Sadly, due to my reservist service being at least once a year(and smaller bursts in between making it twice), I haven't had more than 3 months' growth for much of the year this last half decade.:smallfrown:

ForzaFiori
2007-07-24, 11:03 AM
i used to have hair down to my mid back, but i had to get it cut for football. i wound up donating an 8 in ponytail to the place that makes wigs for kids w/ cancer. so somewhere out in this world there is a chick running around in my hair.since i'm not playing football next year, i'm growing it back out, but no where near as far, i'm getting it to a little above my shoulders, and right now its like halfway down my neck. it sucks cause the length i really want (like right at my shoulders) i cant get, b/c my hair is perfectly straight, until it gets to my shoulders, where it curls, then when it gets REALLY long it'll pull back to straight. so if i let it grow much farther, i look like a chick.

Jimmy Discordia
2007-07-24, 11:04 AM
It was about 3 years for me (maybe 2 and a half, I can't remember) when I had my hair cut again a few months ago. Since then, I've been keeping it short, but with longer bangs (not so long they get in my eyes though... the haircut was based on David Byrne's in Stop Making Sense).

My hair is really curly, so it gets to be too much work when it's long. I've always wanted it to be really long (at least mid-back-length), but once it grows to just past my shoulders it really doesn't get any longer... it tangles, and the longer strands break off when I try to tame it. :smallfrown: I think the only way for me to have really long hair would be to get dreadlocks. And maybe I'm being racist (against my own race, no less) but I have a hard time accepting dreadlocks on white guys.

Hell Puppi
2007-07-24, 01:29 PM
I do like long hair on guys. Especially long black hair, for some reason.

Dreadlocks on white guys--I've only seen one ever actually pull it off and it just not make him look unwashed vagrant. I'm fact with the sideburns he had going and the blond streakes, he looked rather lion-esque.

I cut my hair all the time. The most recent has been to where it's short enough so I can spike it into a mohawk, but seeing as I haven't had long hair since high school I'm attempting to grow it back out....I dunno some things about long hair on women bugs me. I'm not feminist by any sense (I'm more of an equalist, one could say) but it bugs me that some people think women 'should' have long hair. In fact I think the only reason I'm growing it back out is because I'm now in a stable relationship with a guy who's happy with my hair no matter what I decide to do with it.

Wow that's a lot of reasoning over some hair. Ah well *shrugs*

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-24, 01:31 PM
*snip*
I dunno some things about long hair on women bugs me. I'm not feminist by any sense (I'm more of an equalist, one could say) but it bugs me that some people think women 'should' have long hair. In fact I think the only reason I'm growing it back out is because I'm now in a stable relationship with a guy who's happy with my hair no matter what I decide to do with it.

Wow that's a lot of reasoning over some hair. Ah well *shrugs*

I think it's mostly because most of us think long hair is pretty :smallwink:

Seriously, someone with the right bearing who takes a bit of care can make virtually any length of hair look good, whether you go for the flowing tresses or the short-cropped intense look, either can be very attractive.

MethodicalMeat
2007-07-24, 01:38 PM
My hair grows to about shoulder length and stays perfectly straight, I rarely groom it, other than the occasional cleaning. It's rather popular, and I think I'd get the tar beaten out of me by some of my female friends if I cut it.