PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Druid Circle of the Sky

JamesIntrocaso
2017-01-26, 08:42 AM
I'm a setting with floating sky cities and undead living beneath said cities on the planet's surface pumping ash into the air to block out the sun. You can read more about the world on my blog.

https://worldbuilderblog.me/2017/01/26/new-druid-circle-circle-of-the-sky/

For the setting I wanted to create a new druid circle - the Circle of the Sky. Check out the details below and let me know what you think. Looking for any and all feedback! Thanks so much.

Circle of the SkyThe Circle of the Sky is a sect of druids who move with swift speed and grace to defend the natural world. These druids gather under open skies to hold their meetings, day or night, rain or shine. They wander open plains, traveling within herds of animals, strengthening the local flora so it can grow towards the sun. Circle of the Sky druids often use their magic to aid struggling crop farmers. This order believes clean air is the provider of all life. They abhor beings who unnecessarily pump pollution into the sky.

Speed of the WindWhen you choose this circle at 2nd level, your walking speed increases by 10 feet. This speed bonus applies to your wild shape forms. At 8th level, the bonus applies to your wild shape forms' flying speeds, if the form you're in already had a flying speed to begin with.

Stealth ProficiencyAt 2nd level, you gain proficiency in the Stealth skill.

Skyward LeapStarting at 6th level, the distance and height you can jump is double what it would normally be.
In addition, if you begin your turn within the reach of a creature and then jump out of that creature's reach, that creature has disadvantage on any opportunity attacks it makes against you.

Air ServantStarting at 10th level, you can summon an air elemental as if you had cast the spell conjure elemental without needing to expend any material components and without needing to maintain concentration. You cannot use this feature again until you complete a long rest.

Wings of the SkyAt 14th level, you have a flying speed equal to your current walking speed whenever you are not underground or indoors.

JNAProductions
2017-01-26, 09:21 AM
Without concentration is iffy. That's a damn potent feature.

Stealth proficiency seems odd, but not OP or anything.

SilverStud
2017-01-30, 12:15 PM
I agree that Stealth proficiency seems odd, given the flavor. Don't know what to replace it with, though.

I'm on the fence about not concentration. On the one hand, class features are supposed to be special and cool. On the other, concentration is what balances summoning spells at all. The fact that you can strike the summoner to even the odds is very important.

TundraBuccaneer
2017-01-31, 11:29 AM
Maybe change the stealth with the availability to cast bless once per short/long rest. And you can select a number of allies to gain the speed of the wind aiding them in their movements.

Summoning a air elemental is quite strong maybe to let them have concentration but can't lose it, and the elemental doesn't go hostile when you fall.