PDA

View Full Version : DnD tips?

Marsh-mellow
2007-07-20, 06:21 PM
I've been wanting to get a game of DnD together but I seem o be having a hard time finding a DM. I'll probably end up doing it myself so does anybody got any pointers for me before the game turns out to be a total bust?

Inyssius Tor
2007-07-20, 06:35 PM
This ought to go in Gaming (D20 and General RPG). Dungeons and Dragons uses the D20 system, but it would still go there if it didn't because it's a tabletop RPG. You might want to look at the three threads on this topic that are currently ongoing there.

horseboy
2007-07-20, 07:15 PM
Grab some prepublished mods. Run those until you're comfortable enough with the rules that you feel ready to make up your own games.

Quietus
2007-07-20, 07:16 PM
If you'd rather be a player than a DM, you can always try some online play-by-post, which you can find a bunch of information on right here on the forums.

Tellah
2007-07-20, 08:10 PM
Go to your local gaming shop and ask if anybody they know of is running any games. Tons and tons of hobby shops have a table set up for just such a purpose, and even if they don't, the guy at the desk probably knows of at least one campaign running in your area. Also: craigslist.