PDA

View Full Version : [Creature]Monstrous Land Planaria

Anxe
2007-07-20, 08:39 PM
The Giant Land Planaria

http://lcn.brain.riken.jp/files/034_000.jpg

So I'm working on this monster right now. I mean literally right now (EDIT: Not anymore, but I was). Wanted some feedback on the abilities and how to make smaller/bigger versions of it.

Huge Land Planaria
Huge Vermin
Hit Dice: 18d8+144 (225 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 20 ft.
Armor Class: 23 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +14 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+30
Attack: Bite +20 melee (2d6+13)
Full Attack: Bite +20 melee (2d6+13)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Sticky Acid Slime
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Regeneration 7, Split
Saves: Fort +19, Ref +7, Will +6
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 13, Con 26, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: Above 8, but not ready to assign yet
Advancement: 29-36 HD (Huge), 37-45 HD (Gargantuan), 46+ HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment:

Land Planaria are slimy worms that can be found in any local, although usually underground. They eat almost any other animal they can get into their mouths. The most feared trait of the land planaria is it's ability to split and grow into multiple copies.

Combat
Regeneration (Ex): Lethal damage done by fire. Body parts take 2d6 minutes to regrow.
Split (Ex): When the Land Planaria is dealt 20 or more slashing damage it splits into two Land Planarias or one lesser size. They have the same hp they would've had before being split including the damage taken from the attack that caused the split. These two creatures will grow back to their normal size as according to regeneration rules.
Sticky Acid Slime: A creature hit by the Land Planaria's bite takes X acid damage and must make a Reflex Save Y or be stuck to the planaria. It takes a strength check DC Z or A slashing damage must be dealt to the area the victim is attached too. A creature attacking the Land Planaria with natural weapons takes the same damage and suffers the rest of the effects as if it had been hit by a bite. A creature attacking with a melee weapon has the weapon suffer the effects.

jindra34
2007-07-20, 08:42 PM
The Mitp2 project is closed to new submissions.

Anxe
2007-07-20, 08:50 PM
Oh. So it is. Well it's still a creature idea awaiting critique.

Anxe
2007-07-21, 01:03 PM
Any suggestions? Hello? Is this thing on?

DracoDei
2007-07-21, 02:35 PM
I would divide the remaining hitpoints evenly between the two splits... and what is this about "...or one lesser size" do you mean "...OF one lesser size"? If so you need stats for smaller ones and the HP thing will just be weird if they have the hp max of the original but a smaller size.

Anxe
2007-07-22, 12:14 AM
I did mean of lesser size and the ability is meant to give them tons of hp in their smaller forms.