PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Feat: Patient Tide Style PEACH

Gr7mm Bobb
2017-01-30, 01:34 PM
This was my answer to the OP Tunnel Fighter fighting style that got released in the WotC UA; Light, Dark, and the Underdark. Because that thing was just a little too much in terms of power.

PATIENT TIDE STYLE

When you miss an attack roll against a target, you gain a cumulative +1 bonus to your attack rolls against that target until you hit within the next minute, or attack another target. The maximum bonus to attack rolls you can receive from this feature is equal to your proficiency bonus.
Every successful consecutive attack roll against a target adds a cumulative +1 to your damage rolls against that target. This damage bonus is lost when you miss or you attack against another target. The maximum bonus damage you can have from this feature is equal to your proficiency bonus.
You may use your use bonus action to be ready yourself. When you do, you can make up to two opportunity attacks without using your reaction.

Gr7mm Bobb
2017-02-02, 09:12 AM
Was really hoping for some form of feedback on this. Even if its just to let me how it's not working, or that it is working and is ok.

Durazno
2017-02-02, 05:47 PM
I'd hope that combat never lasts long enough for this to become an issue, but, at the one minute mark from your first attack, does the whole bonus vanish, or do you start losing +1s until you work your way back to zero?

(I'd guess that this might become an issue if there's a lull in the fight, like a failed attempt to parley or something.)

Gr7mm Bobb
2017-02-02, 09:09 PM
Since the bonus is cumulative, the entire bonus is lost 1 minute after the last missed attack. I have been contemplating making the bonus increase by 2 (still capped at Prof). My playgroup has been doing Monster Hunter stylized campaign, so long drawn out fights with creatures are totally a thing.