PDA

View Full Version : Horror in my homebrew

TheFateless
2017-02-04, 02:06 PM
Greeting,
I am looking to use a creature from folk lore or other lore that fits the following description and "eye witness sightings"
if you can provide any advice or help, that would be much appreciated.

Building in southern Apartha.
People of the City of Incrad fear for their life.
Entity leaves the wretched house once every change of season and takes 3 children then returns. People lock their doors, hide their children, some even leave the city, to no avail. Once a resident of Incrad, always a resident.
Most who had ventured to find the children never returned. Those who returned took thier own life soon after.
The building is known as Faller’s Manor.

“The gods have forsaken that place, along with the rest of us.” Mayer Sahhara was on her third glass of wine and second day without rest. “If you wish to save us, god’s be with you, but you are not the first to try to save our once great City. Even men of the collective have given their lives to claim our reward...You will not be the last.” She tips back the beautiful crystal glass and gulps down the sweet nectar within.

“The horror that took my son… She saw it. She saw that thing and couldn't bare the sight…” Tears fill the bereaved widowers eyes, “She cut her throat with a damned nail file!”

“So, you’re the idiot?” Began a colossus of a man, chopping meats behind a food stand.
“Excuse me?”
“No offence, but only a fool would even dare to look into the house. You don’t take me for a fool.” His voice was heavy and worrisome.
“I’ve seen many things. The world is full of horrors now a days. This is my business.”
“Believe me, ladd. I know Horrors. I’ve been lost in the forests of Toivoa. Whatever dwells within the walls of that house is beyond evil. If you don’t believe me go speak with Juriah. Poor bastard’s in the hospital near the gates."

“Oh, yes I saw it. Paintin’ the building for the People’s College of Apartha, I was…hah. Wasn't I! Wasn’t I!” He was a man but 30 years of age, yet had the posture and clarity of one who’d seen 80 pitiless years. “It was watchin’ me from it’s itsy, little peep hole, it was! Wasn't it! Wasn't it!” His uneasy smile fell. “It’s eye was on me. All over me! In me, it was! Wasn’t it! Oh, yes it was!” Trembling, the wiry man hugged himself. “It took me. I’m still stuck in that house! Crawling! Crawling with me, it is! Let me go.. Ah haha! Yes, but no. It wouldn’t do that.” He begins to rock sporadically. “Pieces of me! Bits of me! All over.” With tears streaming down his face he laid down and shook violently. “No more! No more!” He began to claw at his face and eyes.
Two nurses rushed into the room and restrained him. “You should go!” demanded one of the nurses.
“Right…”

Durzan
2017-02-06, 09:10 PM
Try looking up the Knucklevee... (is that how you spell it?)

Heck, I think there is a D&D write up for it.

Might give you some ideas.