PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on Homebrew Warlock Patron - The Great Storm

AV1DGamer
2017-02-05, 08:28 PM
Afternoon all!

A few disclaimers:
I haven't played D&D since 3e.
Gamer for over 30 years.
Looking for a 5e group that understands advanced adulting :)
I'm aware this is waaay OP but i need some folks to take a look.

All that said, I've been working on a character that needs a Storm/Air Patron. I grabbed several ideas from other homebrews and UA so these are NOT my original ideas, i'm siply trying to make something that works with my character concepts.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

THE GREAT STORM
As a warlock, your patron is the powerful elemental force known as the Great Storm. Legend has it that the Great Storm was formed after an epic war between the eldest and most powerful blue and silver dragons. Charged by ancient magic and dragons blood, the final battle tore a hole between our realm and the Auran plane, allowing something to enter…

Stormborn
Starting at 1st level, your Patron has infused your being with elemental air. You can speak, read, and write Primordial. In addition, you can cast Shocking Grasp at will and your base movement is increased by +5/10 character levels.

Warlock Level Spells
1st 1st Level: Absorb Elements, Chromatic Orb
3rd 2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Levitate
5th 3rd Level: Wind Wall, Haste
7th 4th Level: Storm Sphere (EEPG), Conjure Minor Elemental (air only)
9th 5th Level: Conjure Elemental (air only), Destructive Wave

Eye of the Storm
At 6th level, you gain resistance to lightning and thunder damage. Whenever you cast a spell that deals lightning or thunder damage, a stormy aura surrounds you. In addition to the spell’s effects, creatures of your choice within 10 feet of you take lightning or thunder damage (choose each time this ability activates) equal to half your warlock level

Elemental Weapon - Pact of the Blade
At 6th level, you can cast elemental weapon targeting your Pact Weapon as a bonus action. Like all warlock spells, this spell is cast at your highest spell slot level available. Using this ability does not consume a spell slot but it does require concentration. You can’t be disarmed of the Pact Weapon and you can summon it at will.

Storm Surge
At 10th level, you gain the ability to use the following meta magic options on your spells. The number of uses (Pact Points [PP]) are equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus. You recover these points after a short or long rest. You can also cast Fly as a ritual.

• Quickened Spell
o When you cast a spell that has a casting time of 1 action, you can spend 2 pact points to change the casting time to 1 bonus action for this casting.
• Empowered Spell
o When you roll damage for a spell, you can spend 1 pact point to reroll a number of the damage dice up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). You must use the new rolls.
• Distant Spell
o When you cast a spell that has a range of 5 feet or greater, you can spend 1 pact point to double the range of the spell. When you cast a spell that has a range of touch, you can spend 1 pact point to make the range of the spell 30 feet.

Tempestuous Soul
At 14th level, you gain a flying speed of 60 feet and immunity to lightning and thunder damage. As an action, you can reduce your flying speed to 30 feet for one hour and choose a number of creatures within 30 feet of you equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. The chosen creatures gain a flying speed of 30 feet for 1 hour