BDEYE
2007-07-21, 09:39 PM
MONKS!
They're some bad mother...
"Shut your mouth!"
Only talkin' bout Monks...

Lightness
Prerequisites: Slow Fall class feature, Jump 8, Concentration 8, Wisdom 15
Benefit: You are able to move effortlessly over the ground, practically walking on air. As a move action you can move a distance that you could use your Slow Fall ability, up to a maximum of 90 ft., and still take a Full Attack at the end of your move. When using this ability you can move over difficult terrain without penalty.

Ki Expression
Prerequisites: Wholeness of Body class feature, Wisdom 15
Benefit: The Ki Expression feat allows the use of three tactical manuevers:
Expression of Peace:You can expend points of healing you gain from Wholeness of Body to gain a benefit to your Diplomacy checks. Each point of healing you expend gets you a +1 bonus on a single Diplomacy check, and you can gain a bonus equal to your class level per check.
Expression of Calm: As a standard action, you can force a target in the midst of Rage or Frenzy to take a Will save, where the DC is the number of points of healing gained from Wholeness of Body you choose to expend. If they fail, they immediately end their Rage or Frenzy. The target of this ability cannot choose to deliberately fail this saving throw.
Expression of Purity: As a full action, you can dispel magical effects enchanting you by expending points of healing gained from Wholeness of Body. The cost in healing points to dispel in this way is twice the spell level of the effect enchanting you.

Elemental Absorbtion
Prerequisites: Wholeness of Body class feature, Constitution 13
Benefit: When you take Fire, Ice, or Electricity damage, you can expend points of healing you gain from Wholeness of Body as a free action to immediately heal damage of that type. For each point you expend you can heal a number of points of Fire, Ice, or Electricity damage equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Confusing Strikes
Prerequisite: Flurry of Blows class feature, Stunning Fist, Dexterity 15
Benefit: When you take a full attack and would be entitled to extra attacks by your Flurry of Blows ability, you can elect not to take one of those attacks. If you do this, an opponent of your choice in melee range must make a Will save against a DC equal to 10+your class level+your Wisdom modifier. If they fail, they are Confused for 1d4 rounds. If Flurry of Blows gives you the ability to take more then one extra attack, you can sacrifice both attacks and use this ability twice, or devote the other bonus attack to another ability. Each use of this attack counts as one use of your Stunning Fist ability.

Bewildering Strikes
Prerequisite: Flurry of Blows class feature, Stunning Fist, Dexterity 15
Benefit: When you take a full attack and would be entitled to extra attacks by your Flurry of Blows ability, you can elect not to take one of those attacks. If you do this, an opponent of your choice within melee range must make a Reflex save against a DC equal to 10 + your class level + your Wisdom modifier. If they fail, that opponent cannot attack you until the end of your next turn and that opponent is flat-footed until the end of your next turn. If you are give the ability to take more then one extra attack by Flurry of Blows, you can sacrifice both attacks and use this ability twice, or devote the other bonus attack to another ability. Each use of this attack counts as one use of your Stunning Fist ability.

Arcane Deflection
Prerequisites: Deflect Arrows, BAB +8, Ki Strike (Magic)
Benefit: Once per round, rather then deflecting a ranged weapon, you can negate a spell targeted specifically at you that works at range and requires the target to be in the caster's line of sight. The spell you negate has no effect on you whatsoever. Even if you have the ability to deflect ranged weapons more then once per round, you can only use this ability once per round.

Arrow Defense Mastery
Prerequisites: Deflect Arrows, Combat Reflexes, BAB +8
Benefit: You can deflect a number of ranged weapons per round equal to your number of attacks of opportunity per round. Also, when you perform the Total Defense action, you can deflect ranged weapons targeted at others by moving between the source of the ranged weapon and its target. You can only move up to your total movement speed in one round in this way, and provoke attacks of opportunity as normal when you move.

More to come- something that gives alternate uses for Quivering Palm and/or Abundant Step would be cool, along with things that have a Wisdom bonus to AC as pre-reqs. Got to show the Ninjas some love.

EDIT: Messed with Arcane Deflection a little bit to make it clearer that it only works on one spell per turn, edited everything a little bit to make it easier to read.

EDIT: 20th level Monks can no longer move infinite distances with Lightness. I know, I cried a little too.

EDIT: Aura of Peace is now just one Tactic in the new Tactical feat Ki Expression.

Draken
2007-07-21, 10:08 PM
The arcane deflection should allow some kind of resisted test. Otherway, it will just make monks permanently immune to Magic Missiles and Desintegrate, and that just doesn't sounds right...

BDEYE
2007-07-22, 07:56 PM
I don't know, it's a high level feats for Monks and they've always had a anti-spellcaster flavor. And it's not as though there aren't ways around it with Quicken or multiple spellcasters- cast one spell, let it get blocked, and hit him with the other one. Or target a fireball slightly to his left.

Vhaidara
2007-07-22, 08:06 PM
I say make a higher level version of Arcane Deflection: Arcane Reflection. Same thing, only you can reverse the spell back at them.

Assasinater
2007-07-23, 05:25 AM
Maybe you can limit Arcane Deflection to only affect ray and line spells. It makes more sense, as being similar to Deflect Arrows.

Oh, and, does Lightness allow a level 20 monk to travel an infinite distance as a move action, or am I missing something there?

BDEYE
2007-07-23, 11:20 AM
"Oh, and, does Lightness allow a level 20 monk to travel an infinite distance as a move action?"

YES! MONKS RULE!

Yeah, I should fix that...

BDEYE
2007-07-25, 12:02 PM
Added the new Ki Expression Tactical Feat, rolled Aura of Peace into it. Still not sure what to do about Arcane Deflection, or if the flurry feats are too confusing.

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-25, 12:15 PM
The only thing I feel needs to be changed is Arcane Deflection. As written, it allows you to deflect Charm Person, Meteor Swarm, Disintegrate, and even Baleful Polymorph because all of those spells target the Monk and require line-of-sight.

DracoDei
2007-07-25, 12:48 PM
Disintegrate is described as a green ray, so I don't see why not. For Meteor Swarm (and also Magic Missile and maybe a few others) the spell generates multible projectiles, so I would consider only allowing it to deflect one PROJECTILE or ray or whatever, not one SPELL. I might agree on Charm Person and Baleful Polymorph though...