PDA

View Full Version : Martha Stewart's revenge! [Spell]

Jibar
2007-07-22, 12:05 PM
The goblins were getting nearer. The wizard had no other choice, he couldn't run much longer, and if those goblins caught him he was dead. He swatted at an annoying wasp that hung in the summer air as he flicked through his spellbook for some choice spell. Suddenly, he was struck with inspiration. He found the page, memorised the spell, then squished the wasp between the pages.
The goblins rounded the corner to find a most delicious feat laid out. All the sweet cakes and other baked delights they could dream of. Forgetting the wizard momentarily, they sat down and rejoiced at their luck as they greedily consumed their bounty.
A few hours later, the wizard came strolling back and smiled down at the numerous goblin corpses. Taking what items he valued, he waved goodbye mockingly and wandered off.
"I'll teach you to mess with the Muffin-Man. Bitches."

Spray of Baked Goods
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Clr 4, Brd 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: 15ft
Area: Cone-shaped burst
Duration: Permenant
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: No

Lifting your hand, you spray out a variety of baked goods, from muffins and donuts to majestic wedding cakes. These baked goods spray out with such force any creature caught in the area of effect takes 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage per caster level (maximum 8d6).
While in flight these baked goods are totally invulnerable, and as such will not smush on impact. After the casting these baked goods then become ordinary food. 2 baked goods are summoned per caster level (maximum 20), and 5 cakes at a time may occupy a 5-foot space.
These cakes may be consumed as rations to keep off starvation, and can be preserved for 1 week until they start to go off. after 3 weeks after the casting the cakes go stale, and no longer will keep away starvation.
If you occupy a space with cakes, there is a 25% chance you will step on a cake (+25% per cake). If you or an opponent steps on a cake, it is spoiled. They must also make a DC 10 balance check or slip and be knocked down as if hit by a trip attack.
By adding a Material component, you can poison the baked goods. Poisoned baked goods cause 1d4 Constitution damage per hour for three days. Each time they would take damage, they may attempt a fortitude save (DC10 + 1/2 Caster level) to negate the damage. In order for the poison to take effect, the target must consume the cake.
There is a 5% chance that this spell will instead create a Feral Cat-Muffin (see Cat-Muffinmicon for stats)
Material Component: Bee/wasp venom.

The spell level is something I am entirely unsure of, thanks to my lack of spell making experience.

Penguinizer
2007-07-22, 01:00 PM
Heh, me likey. On another note, I just had a weird plan to destroy a town based on this spell...

Triaxx
2007-07-22, 01:15 PM
Cupcake Bomber. Gnome Flying machine, and a wizard blasting away with the spell. Level a town with baked goods.

Penguinizer
2007-07-22, 02:22 PM
Poisoned baked goods. But, yeah, thats my plan :P

Delicious, yet Eeeeviil!

Demented
2007-07-22, 03:50 PM
By adding a Material component, you can poison the baked goods. Poisoned baked goods cause 1d4 Constitution damage per hour. In order for the poison to take effect, the target must consume the cake.

Per hour for how long? Duration = Permanent.

Icewalker
2007-07-22, 05:05 PM
Niiiice. I like it. Handy, I may use it.

Jibar
2007-07-23, 01:47 AM
Per hour for how long? Duration = Permanent.

Oops. I meant to put three days.
Curses, and there's no fortitude save.

sigurd
2007-07-23, 02:25 PM
I like it, but its not really an evocation is it. More like a forceful conjuration.

I'd remove wording like 'totally invulnerable' and replace it with a high dc or something. Invulnerable is a big word that tends to demand increased spell level.

sigurd