PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Voldur Blade rebalance concept

xRaiky
2017-02-14, 01:48 AM
Hi, while making a new character (Half-elf / Oracle of Metal) i tought the iron weapon revelation was really cool and decided to use the elven blade with that, but then when i compared the stats with the infamous greatsword i noticed it has 6.35 average damage per turn vs the 7.7 of the greatsword's. I decided to give it a buff and the first thing that come in mind was to give the elven blade a x3 crit multiplyer which bumped the adpt to 7.15 which its STILL lower than the greatsword's so i decided to give it a higher hit die which made the blade a d12 18-20 x3 weapon with an adpt of 8.45 which is 9.7% stronger than the greatsword. I dropped the +2 bonus vs sunder since it was borderline useless and made the dex-to-hit/str-to-damage a basic feature to enanche its unique flavour. At first i was gonna call it elven-orcish teethed recurve blade since the x3 crit multy made me think of the orcish weapons but then realized voldur are a thing so i added the prerequisite of x2 exotic weapon prof. or having one or both the orc/elf weapon racial trait to give it a more unique/hybrid flavour. Needless to say the characther ended up being a badass Voldur/Oracle of Metal :P

Tell me what you think about the concept and the balance of the weapon. This is my first post so tell me if i made any mistake apart from the lack of format.

Math used to calculate average damage per turn: (miminumdamageroll+maximumdamageroll)/2xcritchance
critchance: (5% per threat number over d20) x2 if crit multyplier x3
x3 if crit multyplier x4