PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Moral Compass [PEACH]

Llama513
2017-02-15, 05:38 PM
A friend of mine designed a moral compass to replace the alignment system, and asked me to share it here.

The link to it is here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03YWnemdlXxMVpid0tiVldIV3E2eXdBUGJmTy1jbFZXdUdn/view?usp=sharing)

aimlessPolymath
2017-02-15, 06:06 PM
This is neat, I guess? I'm not actually sure how I use it, or what I would use it for.

It looks like there's a mixture of abstract ideals (good, law, wisdom, evil) which I might connect with, but also some concrete things which I might have opinions on.

Layout of this compass is also not particularly useful for me as a player- Alignment mostly takes up a relatively small piece of the character sheet, and while I might make space for it, I'm definitely not going to copy over the entire compass just to check a portion of the boxes.

I'm not actually sure what "Voices" or "Ambition"(Power, maybe? Lots of people have ambitions- it's a synonym for "goal".) is in the context of alignment, or how Self, Feeling, and Entertainment are distinguished.

Llama513
2017-02-15, 06:25 PM
This is neat, I guess? I'm not actually sure how I use it, or what I would use it for.

It looks like there's a mixture of abstract ideals (good, law, wisdom, evil) which I might connect with, but also some concrete things which I might have opinions on.

Layout of this compass is also not particularly useful for me as a player- Alignment mostly takes up a relatively small piece of the character sheet, and while I might make space for it, I'm definitely not going to copy over the entire compass just to check a portion of the boxes.

I'm not actually sure what "Voices" or "Ambition"(Power, maybe? Lots of people have ambitions- it's a synonym for "goal".) is in the context of alignment, or how Self, Feeling, and Entertainment are distinguished.

I will ask him

Moral-Man
2017-02-15, 07:27 PM

It's meant to give characters a more fleshed out reason for why they act and do things the way they do, beyond just the base two words from alignment. background is good but is sometimes just history not motivation. The compass would also be a good tool for new players to fully flesh out their characters and motivations. I'll post a fuller explanation of the compass, probably tomorrow. input welcome