PDA

View Full Version : Damage from odd circumstance

Dhavaer
2007-07-24, 08:13 AM
What damage would you take from:

a) Having your head held in a deep fryer?

b) Holding someone's head in a deep fryer barehanded?

Ikkitosen
2007-07-24, 08:15 AM
Energy damage that would be mitigated by Fire resistance. Not fire, but not another category, IMO.

I'd go for 2D6/round for one case (a bad case of alchemists' fire) and 1 point of splash for the latter.

Chris_Chandler
2007-07-24, 08:27 AM
I'd second Ikkitosen. This would be closest to "active" alchemists's fire, so use that for damage, with continued damage for 1d4 rounds after being removed from the fryer.

Roog
2007-07-24, 08:30 AM
Violence lists:
Orbital sander, 1d3 damage, 1d10 pain
Culinary blowtorch, 1d4 damage, 1d8 pain
lye in the face, 1d4 damage, 1d12 pain

but unfortunately no listed damage for a deep fryer (but you could estimate it from these).

Remember D&D has no called shots.
I would say 1d6 for trying to burn someone with a deep fryer. (Better than unarmed, worse than many melee weapons.)

Given the way it works in movies I might make it 2d6 damage (1/2 nonlethal).

Attilargh
2007-07-24, 08:53 AM
I faintly recall that Critical Locations might list the damage from a deep-fryer when it gives a map for a burger restaurant. Don't have it at hand, though.

s.donahue
2007-07-24, 09:51 AM
Remember to keep your eye on the temperature of the grease. If it drops too much the person's face will be soggy instead of crispy, and who wants to eat that?

Fizban
2007-07-24, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately there's only damage listed for splashing and full immersion, so I'll go with the same damage as a splash of boiling water: 1d6/round. Them add on suffocation, and say 2d4 nonlethal per round based on the heat exhaustion rules because I don't think 1d6/round is enough. What happens when you accidentally breathe under there anyway?

Sadly 2d6/round I can't agree with, as that is the equivalent of lava. As in sticking your face in a lava flow.