PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help with a framework for a Fallout campaign,should we use Middle Earth Handbook?

Nishant
2017-02-28, 12:48 PM
As the title says, really. My friend would like to make a Fallout Campaign, and wanted some help putting it together. Some stuff is simple;reflavor magic weapons as mods on your weapons, wands can be special guns or energy weapons, and certain armors and items can be fluffed as tech. Use the modern/futuristic weapons from the DMG, for example.

But then comes the issue of classes. With DnD being inherently magical in nature, very few classes have no spellcasting ability. Now, some classes, like say the ranger, could refluff certain spells as tricks or advanced knowledge or skill in a subject, but what about the others? This is where I started to think about the Middle Earth Adventure Guide; Now, it would need some tweaking, but the spelless options allow for the setting to stick to its own rules a bit better. What direction do you think we should taking in tuning 5e for such a campaign?

(Additional note; Artificer would fit right at home here with its limited spells, application to pre-existing items, etc.)

Sir cryosin
2017-02-28, 02:47 PM
Why do you go have a look at the ttrpg open legend. That has a better set up for a fallout game then d&d.
It's also free and pretty easy to learn. You can read all the rules in a few mins. I really suggest you guys try that first and save you the headache of trying to make d&d work.

RedMage125
2017-02-28, 02:54 PM
There was supposed to BE a tabletop Fallout game, until Bethesda acquired the IP and made them shut it down.

Possible MMORPG set in Seattle, too.

Bethesda shut down a lot of other Fallout projects that were in-progress under Interplay.

But I would look up Dark Sun 5e, some fan-made stuff has been decent, and Dark Sun is pretty much post-apocalyptic D&D