PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Homebrew 12 Alien Races for D20

jollysunflora
2017-03-11, 05:40 PM
Before I start:

I still consider myself mainly a beginner at homebrew stuff. These are all based on dreams I've had, so forgive me if there are some kinks I've yet to iron out. If the prefix on this thread is incorrect, please let me know. Also if there are any other mistakes I'd appreciate it if you pointed them out.

Some quick notes on humans:
·we’re the Mystery Race™ to them
·they are currently unable to reach or even map our Supercluster with all its antique Space
·unless otherwise noted, the alien species is around the same size as people
·the Homestuck Aspect references are really for me
·to them, we’re the aliens, since we’ve never been seen though they know we exist

Humans/neutral primate people: Duh, we’re humans, the neutral/versatile of the group.
~

Quel'dsats: Beetle people. Lean towards the Void Aspect. Beetles and cockroaches are partially based off of them. Second longest living after the tree people. They can survive in the vacuum of space and a minimum of two can go through a black hole unscathed. Wear jewelry and display family symbols on heir clothes. They can link their exoskeletons together to make a near indestructible armor, and whole communities will go through black holes together to travel with the young in the center. (As they age they only become stronger)
~
Frulians: Humanoid species that remind me of twi'leks or turians. Lean towards the Time Aspect. Sexually dimorphic; females are shorter and are in shades of purple instead of blue, but don’t have mammary glands like humans do. Their head fronds are sensitive to vibrations and they can sense bonds between people as well. Their hands are even more flexible than our opposable thumbs.
~
Linurops: Polyamorous wood like people. Around the size of human children. Lean towards the Blood Aspect. Have very nice singing voices. They require 4 to reproduce, so families tend to be huge. Their native language is based on humming, and they live in huge tree stump/root villages.
~
Deltans: Lizard people. Can stand on two or four legs but prefer four. Lean towards the Space Aspect. Left Mars when our evolutionary ancestors were still swinging from trees. They like to wear jewelry on their tails and obviously wear clothes. Telekinetic with the responsible organ in the tail. Somewhere near Alpha Centauri.
~
Gimiborans: Amphibious humanoids that come in a rainbow of colors. Lean towards the Heart Aspect. Can breathe both water and air. They make all kinds of spaceships and like to explore. Eventually they and humanity will be like moirails/besties
~
Mimoras: Humanoid tree people, basically. Lean towards the Life Aspect. Easily the longest lived of the 13 peoples, their lifespans can stretch for millennia. Their feet are like roots and their arms are like branches. Produce tons of oxygen but can survive on our world okay. They reach maturity around 150 years and then just keep growing. Can get REALLY tall. The children are notoriously cute. Their "little people" equivalent reach around 8-10 feet tall.
~
Mertlets: Fungi based non humanoids. Lean towards the Doom Aspect. They live in multigenerational homes and are a communal society. They reproduce asexually, but their genes change depending on their environment. Also happen to love cheese.
~
Octrects: Super smart octopi people that can reach an average human's waist. With tentacles are easily over 15 feet tall. Lean towards the Light Aspect. Can use their tentacles to manipulate machinery and such. Like if they were in a human suit they’d be in the head operating the controls in the neck.
~
Serutoans: Telepathic slugs that range between 3-5 foot long. Lean towards the Mind Aspect. Know that humans can be kind of skittish so they have figured how to make human shaped holograms to calm us down. They can also enter us as a slime to team up but it has to be symbiotic/consensual or they could die. Has a telepathic language based on colors and patterns.
~
Cardalorians: Humanoid bird-like steel/feather people. Lean towards the Breath Aspect. Have snake like eyes and are basically airbenders. Have two arms/wings and two legs. Able to fly. People that can’t fly are taken care of and are a great example of how humans should treat disabled folk.
~
Zzrt'røns: Humanoid energy people. Lean towards the Hope Aspect. They can glow in the dark, and are meant to be monogamous. Reproducing involves mingling their very souls, so when someone sleeps around its seen as very problematic. But its actually for health related reasons…not slut shaming or other such nonsense. (It involves their neurological systems)
~
Pabluvians: Methane breathing humanoid marsupial people. Lean towards the Rage Aspect. They do NOT have toes like kangaroos do. Very strong and breathe air that is poisonous to humans and vice versa. Where Earth is our paradise Venus would be great for them (yknow, if the temperature could be controlled...) Would have to wear special suits if they visited us. Kangaroos on Earth are partially based on them. Honor and respect is a big thing for them culturally.

I was thinking that two races would have a bonus in strength, two in intelligence, etc. Humans, of course, get no stat changes.

Edit: Should I add the pictures I drew of them?