PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon and DnD? Yup!

Jorgumander
2017-03-15, 11:50 AM
So I'm running a 5E DnD campaign with my kids. Ages 6, 11, 13, and 14. I've brought in so many other things from other universes and games and shows it's almost hilarious.

To start, the players were in a little village that got attacked. They had to save the Chief's daughter after the raid. They got her and ended up with a baby to boot! Also, a miniature man trapped inside some sort of amber prison. He occasionally talks to them to nudge them in certain directions I hope they go. It sometimes works. He and the baby are all part of the overall story.

They eventually ended up in Sigil, and I stole an idea from an anime I saw about adventurers needing to join a guild to work legally, they are "Iron Plates" working their first guild contract. Which took them to the Beastlands battling some drow bandits who were capturing of all things...Pokémon! The kids loved it! I found stats for Pokémon on Tumblr and have been using them. They haven't used them yet, as they are afraid if they let them out of the Pokeballs that they will run away (and they are correct).

Anyone else ever do fun stuff like this?

NickChaisson
2017-03-16, 12:00 PM
I did a 5e game for my son, he is five. We basically just RP'd and rolled a few dice and I just let him run wild with it and have fun, while not being too constrained by the rules.
He played a druid and would wildshape into whatever animal he thought would be useful for the current situation (tiny animals to hide, large animals to restrain things ect.)

All in all, it was loads of fun. Our next adventure is him searching for a lost scroll to teach him the "triceratops form" so he can stop a bag ogre guy.

Your game sounds super cool, I hope it goes well ^_^

ATHATH
2017-03-16, 12:57 PM
Just gonna drop this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LbgX1OwR4U

Jorgumander
2017-03-17, 10:18 AM
I did a 5e game for my son, he is five. We basically just RP'd and rolled a few dice and I just let him run wild with it and have fun, while not being too constrained by the rules.
He played a druid and would wildshape into whatever animal he thought would be useful for the current situation (tiny animals to hide, large animals to restrain things ect.)

All in all, it was loads of fun. Our next adventure is him searching for a lost scroll to teach him the "triceratops form" so he can stop a bag ogre guy.

Your game sounds super cool, I hope it goes well ^_^

Highlight moment for our game was a couple weeks ago, the 6 year old was REALLY getting into the roleplaying aspect of it. He was narrating along with me, telling his brother and sisters and I what was going to happen.

At one point while exiting the evil wizard tower and facing down the last boss guards, he informed us that the one guard told his character that he was going to kill them. I said, yeah he says that. What else?

He said "I want to tell him...something"

I asked him what he wanted to tell the guard.

"That word I'm not allowed to say" (we all got a chuckle out of this, of course.

"Which word honey?"

"The one that starts with an F"

OH! I said. YEah, don't say that. But your character tells him to F-off. That's fine.

He then picks up his pencil and character sheet and asks his older brother "how do I spell it?"

Much laughter and correction that he shouldn't write it either, lol.

Good times!

junlogji
2017-03-17, 05:04 PM
that settles it

i am going to start working on a pokemon rp pbp game