PDA

View Full Version : [Creature(s)] Now Leaves are Finally Dangerous

Cryopyre
2007-07-28, 01:29 AM
Feiley Swarm
Fine Fey (Swarm)
HD 4d6 (16)
Speed 5 ft. (1 squares); Fly 40 ft. (8 squares)
Init: +10
AC 24 (+8 size, +6 Dex); touch 24; flat-footed 18
(AC DETAILS)
BAB +2; (No Grapple)
Attack Swarm (1d6)
Full-Attack Swarm (1d6)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Torrent, Distraction
Special Qualities Low-light vision, Immunity to Slashing and Piercing, Half-damage bludgeoning, Seasons, Swarm Traits
Saves Fort +3 Ref +12 Will +7
Abilities Str 1, Dex 22, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 20
Skills +15 Hide, +12 Spot, +12 Sense Motive, +14 Bluff
Feats Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes
Environment Usually Temperate
Organization Solitary, Small Tree Defense (2), Large Tree Defense (3)
Challenge Rating 6
Treasure None
Alignment Neutral or Same as Druid*
Advancement None
Level Adjustment -
* When a Druid dies, he is often ritualistically buried, a tree grows in his place, and the Feiley will embody his soul (and there-in, alignment)

A small breeze rustles the leaves of a tree overhead, suddenly, without warning, every leaf shivers and detches, swirling into a swarm of leaves that circles you malevolently.

Appearing to be no more than a swarm of leaves, the Feileyis a fey that stems from nature, or in some cases, the very sould of a druid. They live to protect a chosen tree, after that, they serve as sentient leaves, until the time arises that they must protect the tree, in which case they viciously attack. In the case that their tree is destroyed, a Feiley must find a new one to protect within 24 hours or die. Feiley need not eat, they are sustained by the tree.

Feiley are rarely aggressive, even those that threaten to chop down its tree are usually left alone if chased off. Only Feiley from the evilest of Druids will hunt a victim.

Feiley change colors for the respective seasons, and they may be up to four inches long. The rare time they speak, they speak Sylvan, Druidic, or Elven, all of which sound like the sussurating sound of wind through trees.

Combat:

Feiley begin combat by "Torrenting" about their tree, if this defense isn't enough, the feiley will attack the people dishing out most damage to their tree.

Torrent: If multiple swarms completely wrap themselves around their tree creating a solid ring, they begin to spin far faster then before, dealing an additional +1d6 points of damage. They also add a +4 AC bonus to their tree. Once in effect the Feiley must stop torrenting to move.

Distraction: Any living creature vulnerable to the Swarm's attack that begins a turn with a swarm in its square is nauseated for 1 round. A DC 14 negates the effect. Spellacsting or concentrating on spells requires a 20+spell's level concentration check. A skill that requires patience also requires a DC 20 Concentration check. (DC 14 comes from DC 10+1/2 swarms HD+Con bonus)

Seasons: Depending on the time of year, the Feiley gain additional special abilities.

-Spring: In the spring new flowers bloom, and an additional swarm of petal Feiley are added at 1/2 the HD of the Original Swarm.

-Summer: The summer heat brings tougher leaves and the Feiley gain Fire Immunity 5 and an additional 1d4 fire damage to any attack.

-Autumn: Fall brings new colors to the leaves, a constant color spray is in effect at caster level equal to half its hit die using Charisma score as its casting ability (as a sorcerer). Those that successfully save against it, cannot be effected by the same Swarm's Color Spray effect for 24 hours.

-Winter: Winter ice kills many, but not the Feiley. They Gain cold immunity 5 and an additional 1d4 cold damage to any attack.

On a last note, all Feiley have a weakness. Their tree. The Feiley's tree's AC is 15, and it has double the hitpoints of all its swarms combined.

PEACH, this is my first guy, and if anyone has any nifty names for them other than Feiley, I'll accept suggestions. Inspiration from the Tree Child (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49295) by Lakoda.

Cryopyre
2007-07-28, 01:51 PM
bump, and please evaluate

Cryopyre
2007-07-28, 08:36 PM
I'm probably gonna add some more swarms, particularly a celestial, fiendish, and normal firefly swarm.

Cryopyre
2007-07-29, 07:30 PM
I suppose I'll reserve this post too, but it acts more like a bump until I have all my swarms ready

At that point this entire thread will probably be named, new swarms.

jindra34
2007-07-29, 07:31 PM
looks good so far.