Hit Dice: d10
Hit Points at 1st Level: 10+Constitution Modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d10 (6)+Constitution Modifier

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: All
Weapons: All
Tools: Any one

Saving Throws: Strength and Dexterity
Skills: Choose two from Athletics, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Arcana, History, Investigation, Insight, Medicine, Perception, Survival, Deception, Intimidation, and Persuasion

EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
-a) Leather armor, b) scale mail, or c) chain mail
-Any one melee weapon
-Any one ranged weapon and 20 pieces of ammo
-Any one pack

Meister

Level
Proficiency Bonus
Features

1st
+2
Weapon Bond, Fighting Style

2nd
+2
Resonance Of The Soul

3rd
+2
Archetype

4th
+2
Ability Score Improvement

5th
+3
Extra Attack

6th
+3
Improved Weapon Bond

7th
+3
Archetype Feature

8th
+3

9th
+4
Improved Resonance

10th
+4
Archetype Feature

11th
+4
Special Technique

12th
+4

13th
+5
-

14th
+5
Master Weapon Bond

15th
+5
Archetype Feature

16th
+5

17th
+6
Advanced Special Technique

18th
+6
Master Resonance

19th
+6

20th
+6
Perfected Weapon Bond And Resonance

Weapon Bond-At level 1, a Meister forms a bond with their Weapon. This allows them to communicate telepathically so long as they are in contact with each other, or within 5' if the Weapon is not in weapon form.

Fighting Style-At level 1, a Meister may select a fighting style from the following:
-Archery
-Dueling
-Great Weapon Fighting
-Two Weapon Fighting

Resonance Of The Soul-At level 2, a Meister and their Weapon become one in soul. Anyone else who tries to wield the Weapon now suffers 3d6 psychic damage at the start of each round they're holding the Weapon and each time they make an attack. All attacks made with the Weapon are at a disadvantage, unless wielded by the Meister.

Archetype-At level 3, a Meister decides which path to follow. That of the Arcane Meister or the Divine Meister.

Ability Score Improvement-At the usual levels.

Extra Attack-It's extra attack, at level 5.

Improved Weapon Bond-At level 6, the bond deepens between Weapon and Meister. They now gain a floating +1 bonus they may apply to any one roll made on their turn so long as the Weapon is being wielded by the Meister, and their telepathy improves to 60'.

Improved Resonance-At level 9, the soul resonance between the Weapon and Meister grows stronger. The damage taken by anyone else wielding the Weapon increases to 6d6, and the Meister and Weapon gain a +2 bonus to all attack rolls so long as the Weapon is being wielded by the Meister.

Special Technique-At level 11, the Meister unlocks a special technique. Some examples are listed below:
-Hit Better: The Meister simply learns how to place their Weapon precisely for maximum damage. They gain 3d6 sneak attack when using their Weapon-this may apply regardless of what weapon the Weapon is.
-Smite: The Meister learns how to channel their spells through the Weapon, giving them the Smite ability of the Paladin.
-Action Surge: The Meister learns how to tap into reservoirs of energy, allowing them to Action Surge once per short rest as a Fighter can.

Master Weapon Bond-At level 14, the bond grows ever strong between Weapon and Meister. Their floating bonus improves to +2, and they may apply it as a penalty to any one roll made against them instead of a bonus to themselves as a reaction, or use it as a bonus to a saving throw as a reaction. In addition, their telepathy improves to 120'.

Advanced Special Technique-At level 17, the Meister improves their special technique.
-Hit Better: The Meister's sneak attack is improved to 6d6.
-Smite: The Meister gains Improved Smite.
-Action Surge: The Meister may now Action Surge twice per short rest.

Master Resonance-At level 18, the soul resonance between the Weapon and Meister grows to near peak levels. The damage taken by anyone else wielding the Weapon improves to 10d6, and the Meister and Weapon may channel this resonance on a hit. Once per turn, when the Weapon wielded by the Meister hits an enemy, they may deal an extra 2d10 psychic damage.

Perfected Weapon Bond And Resonance-At level 20, the Meister and Weapon are truly one. Their floating bonus improves to +3, their telepathy improves to one mile, the damage taken by anyone else trying to wield the Weapon improves to 15d6, and the channeling damage increases to 2d12.

Divine Meister

Spellcasting-At level 3, the Divine Meister gains 1/3rd spellcasting that draws from the Cleric list. Any one mental stat of their choice is their spellcasting modifier, but once chosen, it cannot be changed.

Three

Seven

Ten

Fifteen

Arcane Meister

Spellcasting-At level 3, the Arcane Meister gains 1/3rd spellcasting that draws from the Wizard list. Any one mental stat of their choice is their spellcasting modifier, but once chosen, it cannot be changed.

Three

Seven

Ten

Fifteen

HIT POINTS
Hit Dice: d8
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8+Constitution Modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (5)+Constitution Modifier

PROFICIENCIES
Armor: None
Weapons: Yourself and all simple weapons
Tools: Any one

Saving Throws: Intelligence and Wisdom
Skills: Choose two from Athletics, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Arcana, History, Investigation, Insight, Medicine, Perception, Survival, Deception, Intimidation, and Persuasion

EQUIPMENT
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
-Any one melee weapon
-Any one ranged weapon and 20 pieces of ammo
-Any one pack

Weapon

Level
Proficiency Bonus
Features

1st
+2
Weapon Type, Unarmored Defense, Meister Bond

2nd
+2
Resonance Of The Soul, Spellcasting

3rd
+2
Weapon Feature I

4th
+2

5th
+3
Improved Weapon

6th
+3
Improved Meister Bond

7th
+3
Weapon Feature II

8th
+3

9th
+4
Improved Resonance

10th
+4
Weapon Feature III

11th
+4
Master Weapon

12th
+4

13th
+5
-

14th
+5
Master Meister Bond

15th
+5
Weapon Feature IV

16th
+5

17th
+6
Death's Scythe

18th
+6
Master Resonance

19th
+6

20th
+6
Perfected Meister Bond And Resonance

Meister Bond-At level 1, a Weapon forms a bond with their Meister. This allows them to communicate telepathically so long as they are in contact with each other, or within 5' if the Weapon is not in weapon form.

Unarmored Defence-At level 1, a Weapon gains preternatural durability. Their AC, when not wearing armor, is equal to 10+their Dexterity Modifier+the modifier of any one mental stat. Once chosen, it cannot be changed.

Weapon Type-At level 1, a Weapon must choose what their form will be.

Resonance Of The Soul-At level 2, a Meister and their Weapon become one in soul. Anyone else who tries to wield the Weapon now suffers 3d6 psychic damage at the start of each round they're holding the Weapon and each time they make an attack. All attacks made with the Weapon are at a disadvantage, unless wielded by the Meister.

Weapon Feature I-At level 3, a Weapon gains a new feature of their weapon. This allows them to grapple as if they were a person with two hands, regardless of their weapon type.

Ability Score Improvement-At the usual levels.

Improved Weapon-At level 5, a Weapon increases their damage die size by one. If they're already at 1d12, they go to 2d6. 2d6 becomes 2d8.

Improved Meister Bond-At level 6, the bond deepens between Weapon and Meister. They now gain a floating +1 bonus they may apply to any one roll made on their turn so long as the Weapon is being wielded by the Meister, and their telepathy improves to 60'.

Weapon Feature II-At level 7, a Weapon becomes able to teleport back to their Meister as a bonus action, so long as the distance is not greater than 120'.

Improved Resonance-At level 9, the soul resonance between the Weapon and Meister grows stronger. The damage taken by anyone else wielding the Weapon increases to 6d6, and the Meister and Weapon gain a +2 bonus to all attack rolls so long as the Weapon is being wielded by the Meister.

Weapon Feature III-At level 10, a Weapon becomes able to move and attack of their own accord, as if wielded by a Meister, for limited amounts of time. Spellcasting Stat modifier times per long rest, they may enter this state, allowing them to move and attack on their own in Weapon Form. This lasts for one minute.

Master Weapon-At level 11, a Weapon doubles their damage dice.

Master Meister Bond-At level 14, the bond grows ever strong between Weapon and Meister. Their floating bonus improves to +2, and they may apply it as a penalty to any one roll made against them instead of a bonus to themselves as a reaction, or use it as a bonus to a saving throw as a reaction. In addition, their telepathy improves to 120'.

Weapon Feature IV-At level 15, a Weapon may now enter the ability to attack on their own per short rest, rather than per long rest.

Death's Scythe-At level 17, a Weapon becomes truly fit for Death himself. Their damage die increases by one size again, and they now score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.

Master Resonance-At level 18, the soul resonance between the Weapon and Meister grows to near peak levels. The damage taken by anyone else wielding the Weapon improves to 10d6, and the Meister and Weapon may channel this resonance on a hit. Once per turn, when the Weapon wielded by the Meister hits an enemy, they may deal an extra 2d10 psychic damage.

Perfected Weapon Bond And Resonance-At level 20, the Meister and Weapon are truly one. Their floating bonus improves to +3, their telepathy improves to one mile, the damage taken by anyone else trying to wield the Weapon improves to 15d6, and the channeling damage increases to 2d12.

Ranged Weapon

Form Of Bow-At level 1, a Ranged Weapon gains the ability to transform into a ranged weapon. This weapon either has a 120'/600' range with 1d8 damage, a 60'/300' range with 1d10 damage, or a 30'/150' range and 1d12 damage. This weapon does not require ammo.

Melee Weapon

Form Of Whapping Stick-At level 1, a Melee Weapon gains the ability to transform into a melee weapon (or two). This weapon does 1d12 damage if wielded in two hands, 1d10 if wielded in one, or 1d8 if a Light weapon. If the weapon has Reach, its damage die decreases by one step.

khadgar567
2017-04-06, 11:53 AM
some one watching soul eater series so whats the tsubaki's archtype and is this thing applicable to multi class

SirBellias
2017-04-06, 04:04 PM
I approve. I don't have an eye for balance, but it certainly looks like fun!

JBPuffin
2017-04-06, 09:05 PM
Soul Eater: the Class?

Honestly, I'm not sure how this balances in the end. Like...I really don't know. It's a fantastic concept and fun execution, but you have a knack for creating awesome, hard-to-critique stuff, JNA.

Do separate people play each one? Does each one of them get a separate attack, or is it the Meister's job to attack because the Weapon is, well...a weapon. I mean, if the weapon isn't making the attacks, they don't need to be proficient with themselves, right?...Right? I have no idea.

JNAProductions
2017-04-07, 08:56 AM
The idea is that both the weapon and Meister attack. It's not quite Soul Eater-Soul never did much attacking when Maka was wielding him, but I want both players to have something to do.

The thing is, I obviously need some more features, and I want to make sure the class is FUN for both people-not just the Meister.

JBPuffin
2017-04-07, 08:58 AM
The idea is that both the weapon and Meister attack. It's not quite Soul Eater-Soul never did much attacking when Maka was wielding him, but I want both players to have something to do.

The thing is, I obviously need some more features, and I want to make sure the class is FUN for both people-not just the Meister.

If they're both getting attacks - which does make more sense than just one - cut down on the sheer damage and give them more to do out of combat. Right now, there doesn't seem to be much that isn't killing people, and that's always a concern

Sicarius Victis
2017-04-08, 04:05 AM
I think that the Weapon should get a subclass based around those Weapons that wielded themselves rather than being wielded by a Meister, such as the one guillotine Death Scythe.

And maybe, for the non-solo weapons, their in-combat ability could be more based around buffing themselves and their Meisters rather than attacking seperately from the Meister.

JNAProductions
2017-04-08, 01:23 PM
I think that the Weapon should get a subclass based around those Weapons that wielded themselves rather than being wielded by a Meister, such as the one guillotine Death Scythe.

And maybe, for the non-solo weapons, their in-combat ability could be more based around buffing themselves and their Meisters rather than attacking seperately from the Meister.

Any ideas how to implement?

Zale
2017-04-09, 02:05 PM
Any ideas how to implement?

In as much as weapons buffing Meisters:

I'd probably pilfer this 3.5 base class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?400609-3-5-quot-Look-whatever-you-re-thinking-do-me-a-favor-don-t-let-go-quot) for ideas, personally.

Otherwise, I'm not familiar enough with 5e to offer much but I could see:

Weapons granting skill or tool proficiencies.
Weapons granting advantage or rerolls on skills they are proficient in.
Weapons granting the use of certain spells or spell-like abilities.
Weapons taking blows for their wielders, or offering some sort of AC substitution.