PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Fallen (Template)

Westhart
2017-04-07, 10:54 AM
The Fallen
Azenrale Looked up at the sky, his face filled with loathing and longing, metallic wings gleaming in the light of the new moon.
Fallen have been cast out of the heavens, almost never to return. As such they tend to hate the gods, and much of their time is spent foiling any plans they hear about.

Creating A Fallen
"Fallen" is an acquired template that can be added to any outsider with the good and angel subtypes.
A fallen uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to outsider (evil, native). Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

Armor Class
The fallen gains a profane bonus to AC equal to its Charisma modifier.

Special Attacks

The fallen gains two claw attacks, a bite, and a special 'wing' attack. This represents their transformation as they are thrown to the ground. Use the below damages if the fallen does not have a natural attack. If it does use whichever is best.
Bite:

Size
Damage

Fine

Diminutive
1d2

Tiny
1d3

Small
1d4

Medium
1d6

Large
1d8

Huge
2d6

Gargantuan
2d8

Colossal
4d6

Claw:

Size
Damage

Diminutive

Tiny
1d2

Small
1d3

Medium
1d4

Large
1d6

Huge
1d8

Gargantuan
2d6

Colossal
3d6

Wings: The fallen’s wings turn to adamantine, reducing its flight maneuverability by one step but granting it the ability to attack with these razor sharp wings.

Size
Damage

Fine
1d2

Diminutive
1d3

Tiny
1d4

Small
1d6

Medium
1d8

Large
2d6

Huge
3d6

Gargantuan
4d6

Colossal
6d6

They also gain a special attack usable only on charge attacks, allowing them to spread their wings and make a single attack to everyone adjacent along the path of the charge, or he may make a special spinning attack, dealing this damage to everyone in the path of the charge. The Fallen may move up to the usual amount of speed allowed by a charge.

Corrupted Magic:
The fallen’s spell like abilities that were good turn to the evil alternate, but if there is not one then they lose it. New spell like abilities: At will: Blasphemy, desecrate, protection from good, unholy blight, unholy aura. (Thanks to D&DPrinceTandem for alternate idea).

Special Qualities
A Fallen retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Spark of light: Fallen were once some of the highest paragons of good, and still carry some small amount of good, howerver minute, is still entwined with them. They do not suffer negative levels for wielding holy weapons etc, although they still take additional damage. Also they are immune to the effect of holy word. (Thanks again to PrinceT)

Befouled presence: All auras of the Fallen that would normally affect evil creatures now affect good creatures.

Holy Interdict: The fallen is barred from traveling to the upper planes, and entering holy places. The fallen can enter holy places with a DC 40 will save but can still not go to the upper planes.

Corrupted: All spell like abilities and spells used by the Fallen are ‘corrupted’. They gain the evil descriptor, and if they deal damage half is unholy (round down).

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: Cha +4

Skills
Fallen have a +8 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, Sense Motive, and listen checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats
Fallen gain Dark speech, Combat Reflexes, evil brand, vile natural attack, and Lightning Reflexes, assuming the base creature meets the prerequisites and doesn’t already have these feats.

Environment
Any besides upper planes

Challenge Rating
Same as the base creature +3

Alignment
Always evil (any).

Advancement
By character class, fallen can no longer progress to higher angel types.

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-04-07, 07:59 PM
Well in common lore you are not far off in you assumptions, though i would get rid of the claws. Instead i would give them these abilities

At/will read thoughts

[>they are usually portrayed like this in books<]

Indus thoughts: whenever a fallen reads the thoughts of another being it gains the ability to change upcoming events when. They can even erase memory all together. With this ability to creature is entitled to a will save dc 10+hd+cha or loose/get replaced one specific memory of a creature. This memory could not have been older than 24 hours. The spesics are down to the dm[or the player if the dm is crazy enough to allow the Template for characters]

Evil expectations: Fallen are evil but were once perfect beings of light, therefore they do not gain any negative effects due to there alignment when stuck with or wielding good aligned weapons

Accursed Magic: Sla that were intentionally good change to evil [desicrate = consecrate/Unhallow=hallow/ esc.]

If this helps let me know.

Westhart
2017-04-09, 02:20 PM
I liked your last two suggestions best, worked accursed magic into the pre-existing spell likes and the evil expectations into spark of light. I felt the thoughts worked best into a devil, but then I hold devils seperate from the fallen in my campaign (if they want to become one have to journey to hell, and be initiated by an actual devil, then they aquire some more devilish traits). Of course if most people are going to play as if they are straight out devils, then it would fit… not sure whether to add that… after all at that point it gets closer to the fallen template in book of fiends…