PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Make me some casters/rogues?

ericgrau
2017-04-08, 08:46 AM
I probably should have figured this out early, but I have a game later today and it would be great to have some NPC casters and rogues . The link I used to use for premade characters is down. Does anyone have a working link to premade characters? Would anybody like to make me 1 or more? And even if you post something after today I can always use it next session.

Race would be Yuan-ti pure blood but that's not important (from MM). I can always take a pre-made one and adjust the race. Use MM stats.

Class options include wizard, sorcerer and rogue, among others. It's all about trickery so spells like alter self for a caster or a disguise kit for a rogue are a must. Stealth options like invisibility and the skill are nice too. More common spells in addition to that are fine too, other rogue options in addition to that are fine too. Especially for open combat once trickery fails.

The party is level 6, so levels 3-8 are good. Maybe 3-7 due to yuan ti stats. Leaning more towards level 5, but whatever you like.

Thanks in advance.

Zanthy1
2017-04-08, 03:49 PM
Look in Volo's

Citan
2017-04-08, 04:12 PM
Hi!

Not much time available, so I'll just draft a quick guy that may be interesting to use as one of the main BBEG.
(Note that I don't know the race you are talking about at all).

Warlock 3 / Sorcerer 3.
Warlock Patron: anyone really that you think fits most your idea...

2 suggestions:
Fey Tome Warlock / Shadow Sorcerer (if allowed, otherwise Draconic): I think this is the most fitting your concept.

Undying Light Warlock (is allowed, otherwise Fiend) / Draconic Sorcerer (fire): will make your character much more dangerous against the party (especially if you make it Warlock 1 / Sorcerer 6).

So let's start with the common choices.

Warlock: obviously Tome to get the Rituals Invocations. Second Invocation is obviously either Beguiling Influence or Mask of Many Faces.
Cantrips: Eldricht Blast, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion
+ Shillelagh/Thorn Whips, Mage Hand, whatever you want as the third (Druidcraft? Thaumaturgy?).

Spells: Hex (for CHA checks), (Armor of Agathys to surprise people attacking you), Hold Person, Suggestion, (Mirror Image) (Invisibility).

Sorcerer: take Subtle Metamagic along with Careful.
cantrips: one weapon cantrip (either GFB or BB depending on being Draconic fire or not), one attack cantrip (Firebolt if Draconic Fire, Shocking Grasp/Lightning Lure if Lightning Sorcerer, etc) and two other utility cantrips (Friends/Message/Control Flames/Mold Earth etc...).

spells: (Shield), Charm Person, (Mage Armor), Enhance Ability, Sleep, Web.

Rituals: Comprehend Languages, Alarm, etc (all you can basically).

This character really enjoys using the powers granted by his Patron (short rest slots) to distort its inner magic (Metamagic convert).

He never showed his true face to anyone (still alive).
He spent months creating a fake face that would fit so perfectly and be so natural in its components that only a very few select people through the world would see through it.

Still, he also usually Disguises Himself in addition to that, especially when meeting people he know won't have a chance to detect it.

A good day for him is one when he managed to trick somone to bid his will and gain strong benefit from it (more political power, or at least a lump of gold) through sheer Enhanced Charisma check, subtle Suggestion or Charm Person depending on the context.

He dislikes direct face-off and will instead try to convince people to fight for him. Or split enemy ranks by using guile schemed, such as disguising as a foe to spread distrust, or using some written "secret message" clearly preparing an internal riot and subtle suggest one of the enemy heads that this message clearly came from his right hand...

Should he be backed against a well, he will use a (Careful if need be) Web to slow down opponents while he runs away...

NOTE: the spells I put in () are suggestions. Pick and match as you like.
Also, if you have Draconic AND Undying Light, you should obviously take a fire-branded cantrip and Burning Hands. :)

Sorry for this very unstructured suggestion but no time for a proper, full character now.
Hope that helps.

ericgrau
2017-04-09, 08:26 AM
Thank you very much. The race doesn't matter, I can still slap it onto a yuan-ti and use it.

I found these pregens so I should be covered pretty well now on everything I need: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets
I actually found it while googling Volo's. Which I assume has more pregens? If I can't get enough online I'll look into picking that up too.

Thanks again.

Unoriginal
2017-04-09, 08:54 AM
Volo's Guide has more than a few casters and rogue-type