PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Elorc (Elf+Half Orc)(3.5 Race)

gooddragon1
2017-04-10, 10:49 PM
Elorc
Elorcs are the resulting offspring of an elf and a half-orc.

>+2 Strength, -2 Dexterity: Elorc's are much less dexterous than elves, but are also hardier and stronger.
>Medium: As Medium creatures, elorcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
>Elorc base land speed is 30 feet.
>Low-light vision: An elorc can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
>+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
>Elorc's must sleep for 8 hours per day as many humanoids do.
>Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan
>Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass elorc's fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Height and Weight: As Human

===
Reason for homebrewing:
All the cool kids were doing it.

nikkoli
2017-04-10, 11:07 PM
So did they have the human, elf, and orc subtype? And do they count as a parent race for neat things?

inuyasha
2017-04-10, 11:18 PM
Oof, I'd recommend doing something other than Dex for their -2. For one thing, neither parent has a penalty, and the other has a bonus. I'd be tempted to give them a -2 to Charisma as they'd combine the crude savagery of the orc with the angsty loner quality of the Half Elf

I'd also be tempted to give them some form of a weapon proficiency trait, especially for weapons that an outcast in the wilds would want to use, like javelins, nets, and shortbows (or something to that effect)

gooddragon1
2017-04-11, 04:47 AM
Oof, I'd recommend doing something other than Dex for their -2. For one thing, neither parent has a penalty, and the other has a bonus. I'd be tempted to give them a -2 to Charisma as they'd combine the crude savagery of the orc with the angsty loner quality of the Half Elf

I'd also be tempted to give them some form of a weapon proficiency trait, especially for weapons that an outcast in the wilds would want to use, like javelins, nets, and shortbows (or something to that effect)

I don't remember where, but there was something that said that penalties to mental ability scores are not as valuable as bonuses to physical ability scores.