PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed!

TSGames
2007-07-29, 02:16 AM
Lately, I've been looking into some on-line gaming. I've been feeling the need to get on-line and splatter people in some quick, violent first person shooting action, and Shadowrun just came out a little bit ago. It looks like a decent(albeit, not amazing) game.

Anyway, I was going to buy it, but then I noticed it's only for Xbox 360(which I lack) or Windows Vista. WINDOWS VISTA???!!!, seriously... Anyway, now I'm out of ideas of what to get. I'd have no problem buying something that worked with Vista, if Vista actually worked(needless to say I probably won't upgrade to Vista till service pack 2 comes out and they haven't even released service pack 1!).

So that's about it... I'm just kinda disappointed, it looked like a decent game that was going to get better with patches and whatnot, but now I'm all out of ideas.

ForzaFiori
2007-07-29, 02:21 AM
u could try Battlefield 2142 (pretty sure thats the name. its something like that). my friend has it and its pretty cool.

Rawhide
2007-07-29, 02:46 AM
This is an interesting article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_(2007_video_game)

Amotis
2007-07-29, 05:21 PM
If you liked Shadowrun you might wanna try Counter Strike Source. More on the tactics side, less on the WOOOMAGICAL TELEPORTZ! side.

Ranis
2007-07-29, 05:23 PM
Didn't Halo 2 just come out for the PC? If you want to hop on the bandwagon, that is.

TSGames
2007-07-29, 05:35 PM
Didn't Halo 2 just come out for the PC? If you want to hop on the bandwagon, that is.

Nah... I've never liked the Halo series. I just want a really fast paced fps. Maybe it's because I've been playing a lot of DOOM II lately...

Amotis
2007-07-29, 05:36 PM
I just want a really fast paced fps.

My suggestion stands even stronger.

FdL
2007-07-29, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I stand with Amotis in this one. Actually I prefer Day of Defeat, but it's more or less the same. Source versions preferred, but my pals don't have the hardware so we just party like it's 2003.

In all, in my opinion, FPS haven't evolved that much where it matters (gameplay, that is).

Chaos Perfected
2007-07-29, 06:19 PM
Halo 2 is also only for Windows Vista.

Microsoft produces both Shadowrun and Halo, and everyone hates Vista, so Microsoft forces them to use Vista.

'Course, you could just get an Xbox.

Ego Slayer
2007-07-29, 06:22 PM

Microsoft produces both Shadowrun and Halo, and everyone hates Vista, so Microsoft forces them to use Vista.
True, but I was just shown this (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26111) today.:smallyuk:

FdL
2007-07-29, 06:23 PM

The usual dirty tricks. I'm not falling for that one, that's sure.

'Course, you could just get an Xbox.

Which incidentally is also sold by Microsoft.

Edit: Yup, Ego. (This has been hinted before not to make a lot of fuss about it. shhh :p)