Charisma

20 (+5)
30 (+10)
22 (+6)
30 (+10)
28 (+9)
28 (+9)

Saving Throws Dexterity +19, Wisdom +18, Charisma +18
Skills Perception +27, Acrobatics +19, Athletics +14, Stealth +19, Insight +18, Persuasion +18, All Knowledges +19
Damage Immunities Non-magical piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning damage
Condition Immunities Charmed, Frightened, Petrified, Poisoned
Senses Darkvision Infinite, Truesight 120', Passive Perception 37
Languages All
Challenge Quite High (42?)

Magic Immunity An Avatar of Corellon is immune to all harmful spells cast from a 6th level or lower slot, and has advantage on saves against magic that can affect him.

Legendary Resistance Four per day.

Magical Weapons All of the Avatar's attacks are considered magical in origin.

Regeneration The Avatar regains 20 hit points at the start of each of his turns.

Spellcasting The Avatar casts as a 20th level spellcaster, using Intelligence as his stat (+19 to hit, DC 27). He may cast any spell from the Wizard spell list, or any spell of 3rd level or lower from the Cleric or Druid spell lists.

Divine Grace The Avatar does not fail on a roll of a natural one. However, the die is treated as -5, rather than as 1.

Maneuvers The Avatar may use any Battlemaster maneuver of his choice, once per turn. His Superiority die is a d10 for this.

Actions

Extra Attack 4: The Avatar makes five attacks from Blade Of Gales, Bow Of Songs, Spear Of Eternity, Ranged Disarm, Blanket The Skies, or attack actions of any kind.

Blade Of Gales Melee Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, reach 5', one target. Hit: 32 (4d10+10) slashing damage plus 22 (4d10) radiant damage.

Bow Of Songs Ranged Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, range 600'/3000', one target. Hit: 28 (4d8+10) piercing damage plus 18 (4d8) radiant damage.

Spear Of Eternity Melee Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, reach 15', one target. Hit: 32 (4d10+10) piercing damage plus 18 (4d8) radiant damage.

Ranged Disarm Ranged Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, range 600', one target. Hit: The target must make a DC 27 Strength or Dexterity save (their choice) or drop their weapon. The Avatar may have the weapon be knocked up to 60' back from the wielder.

Blanket The Skies Ranged Weapon Attack: Range 600', 30' radius circle centered on a point within range. All targets of the Avatar's choice within the area of effect must make a DC 27 Dexterity save or take 27 (6d8) piercing damage, or half on a successful save.

Bonus Actions

Attack: The Avatar makes a single attack with Blade Of Gales, Bow Of Songs, or Spear Of Eternity.

Spell: The Avatar casts a single spell that normally has a casting time of one action.

Cunning Action: The Avatar takes the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Legendary Actions

The Avatar has five legendary actions per turn.

Emerald Dream: The Avatar casts Plane Shift, targeting himself and all creatures within 120', with no saving throw allowed. They appear in the Feywild in a place of the Avatar's choosing. After one minute, all subjects return to where they were before, and no time is considered to have passed in the plane he was on originally. This action can only be taken once per turn.

Attack: The Avatar makes a single attack with Blade Of Gales, Bow Of Songs, or Spear Of Eternity.

Nimbleness of the Seldarine: The Avatar moves up to twice his speed.

Star Smite (Costs Two Actions): The Avatar moves up to 100' in an instant, leaping upon his foes. He makes a single attack with Blade Of Gales, dealing an extra 10 damage on a successful hit.

Casting (Variable): The Avatar casts a single spell that has a casting time of one action or bonus action. This costs a number of actions equal to the spell's level (1, if a cantrip).

Okay, so I've got the basics down. He's a 20th level caster with a ridiculous DC, so that's pretty damn powerful. He's got some ranged tricks, but I'd like some more-any ideas? In addition, he has melee options,
cunning action, and some good legendary actions.

CR
Defensively, he has 1575 HP, putting him around CR 45. He also has Regen, Cunning Action, and some nice saves, so let's call it CR 50.
Offensively, he's got 5 attacks for 54 damage each, or 270 damage. CR 28, but his attack bonus is +19, as compared to the regular CR 28 of +13, so let's add 3. CR 31. (Also add 3 for his jacked up save DCs.) Then, Imma slap 9 more CR on for 20th level casting, his bonus actions, and his legendary actions, making him offensively CR 40.
Overall, CR 45. This is gonna be one tough cookie.

Westhart
2017-04-20, 08:58 AM
well, no ides at the moment but I do have one question: What overcomes his regen?

JNAProductions
2017-04-20, 09:00 AM
well, no ides at the moment but I do have one question: What overcomes his regen?

Nothing. You just need to outdamage it.

Which shouldn't be too hard at the level you face him.

Westhart
2017-04-20, 09:00 AM
alright, looks good ^^

Unoriginal
2017-04-20, 09:07 AM
Well, it's still waaaaaaay too strong for an avatar, but I suppose it's a bit closer of Corellon himself than the other version. It'd still call him too strong for a 5e god.

My main issue is the HPs (why +900 ?), the regeneration, and the spellcaster lists.

Even in his 3.5 incarnation, Corellon never had access to that kind of spells. Basically all deities had Cleric levels, but it's no longer true of 5e, and Corellon himself is only a Wizard.

Divine Grace feature has no reason to be here, I'd say.

JNAProductions
2017-04-20, 09:13 AM
Because he has 150 hit dice. I can drop the HP, but I want this to be a good long fight.

Regeneration shouldn't be a big deal. At level 20, a Fighter with no magic weapons (other than just being magic, to overcome immunity) who's sword and board will deal 13.3 damage (16.1 if Dueling). 16.8 if Greatsword, 17.1 if Archer with the Archery style. And chances are they have more than just a plain ol' magic glowy sword. They only need a +1 sword and the dueling style to match his regen. Then again, maybe I should add something to negate it-Necrotic damage, perhaps? The main reason regen is there, though, is to prevent hounding him down. You have to fight him to the end-if he gets a chance to rest, he'll quickly be back at full HP.

Spellcasting seems reasonable. He's drawing on godly powers (Cleric), the nature of the feywild (Druid), his own vast intellect (Wizard), and combat techniques (Paladin). He still only has one set of spell slots-quite a few of them, but they can be exhausted.

Divine Grace will likely have no effect on any true fight with him. His attacks hit AC 14 on a 1, which is pretty good. But won't hit a 20th level character pretty much ever. It's mostly fluff, honestly.

Edit: Yeah, I dropped the HP down to 100 hit dice. (So 1050.) Still a long fight, but not as crazy.

Unoriginal
2017-04-20, 09:26 AM
Because he has 150 hit dice. I can drop the HP, but I want this to be a good long fight.

Regeneration shouldn't be a big deal. At level 20, a Fighter with no magic weapons (other than just being magic, to overcome immunity) who's sword and board will deal 13.3 damage (16.1 if Dueling). 16.8 if Greatsword, 17.1 if Archer with the Archery style. And chances are they have more than just a plain ol' magic glowy sword. They only need a +1 sword and the dueling style to match his regen. Then again, maybe I should add something to negate it-Necrotic damage, perhaps? The main reason regen is there, though, is to prevent hounding him down. You have to fight him to the end-if he gets a chance to rest, he'll quickly be back at full HP.

Issue is that there is basically no way that the collective PCs' HPs won't drop faster than Corellon, with no reasonable chance to get back to full that often.

Spellcasting seems reasonable. He's drawing on godly powers (Cleric), the nature of the feywild (Druid), his own vast intellect (Wizard), and combat techniques (Paladin). He still only has one set of spell slots-quite a few of them, but they can be exhausted.

He's really not drawing on that. Corellon cannot use the feywild, and combat techniques aren't what gives Paladins their powers. And gods don't have access to Cleric spells just because godly powers, in 5e.

IMO I would give him Wizard spells only, but he'd have access to Battlemaster manoeuvres. Because Corellon is a Fighter.

Divine Grace will likely have no effect on any true fight with him. His attacks hit AC 14 on a 1, which is pretty good. But won't hit a 20th level character pretty much ever. It's mostly fluff, honestly.

Fair enough.

JNAProductions
2017-04-20, 09:40 AM
I gave him Wizard casting, and Cleric and Druid spells of 3rd level and lower. That seem reasonable?

I'll give him some battlemaster maneuvers, sure.

Unoriginal
2017-04-20, 09:58 AM
...You know, honestly, it seems to me that the best way to defeat him is to wrestle him.

StorytellerHero
2017-04-20, 02:04 PM
...You know, honestly, it seems to me that the best way to defeat him is to wrestle him.

Hanali Celanil will provide the hot oil and aromatics.