PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Run Campaign



Pages : [1] 2 3

Slash_712
2007-07-30, 12:16 PM
It is a normal day in the town of Gradt. Everyone is going through their normal routine, except for you lucky six. You six find yourselves in King Defrose's halls as a summon you got from the king himself. As far as you can remember, the king has never personally summoned a group, or for that matter anyone personally, so the first questions that goes through your mimd is, what could be going on?

"Good morning to you all," the king says. "As I am sure you know our kingdom is in a state of almost certain ruin. I have need of people with your unique skills." He says as he slowly gathers his thoughts. "I have a quest for you, if you think that you could find it in your heart to help your country and your king."

{OOC-Any who are wondering what kind of trouble the kingdom is in may make a knowledge history check. Also when you guys are in combat please setup your posts like so. I would also like everyone to designate a color for your in character speak. Me and my NPC's call dark slate gray.}

Character Name
Initiative
AC
Current/Full Hp

king korath
2007-07-30, 01:35 PM
I get red. Francis is a tall bald man with piercing green eyes. He looks around the rooms slowly observing his companions. He does not speak and is waiting for some one else to take action. He is not comfortable in the kings hall, Francis prefers to stay in the background and let others do the talking. He has been away for a while and has not kept up on current events. So he does not know of any troubles.

The_Chilli_God
2007-07-30, 02:24 PM
Kheldar (<- Are we doing that?)

The little halfling is quite used to speaking out for the others, despite never being very good at it. Something about rambling on and on and on...
Unfortunately, Kheldar doesn't even know everyone else around. And there's a king in front of them. A king, for hill's sake! If Kheldar botches up on one of his annoying rambles, well, he always wondered what the king's dungeons looked like, but he never really wanted to be in them for some reason.
How was I here again? he asks himself his olive-colored thoughts as he looks behind him, and then at the king again. He smiles cheerily, hoping that the king will just continue without needing to be verbally prodded.

Naleh
2007-07-30, 02:56 PM
{Green!}

Daethe is an elf, 5'3" tall, with long brown hair hanging loosely. He wears a cloak and hood, and travel-worn clothes. Strapped to his right leg is what looks like a quiver of arrows, but there is no bow in sight; his only weapon seems to be the rapier at his left hip (which, of course, he doesn't have at the moment, seeing as he's in the presence of the king).

Daethe remains silent, staring at the king.

king korath
2007-07-30, 04:50 PM
Francis looks around sheepishly, nobody has spoken leaving an awkward silence. Feeling uneasy about leaving his weapons at the door he decides to speak up. What do you need us to do? These words come out hesitant and he hopes that he will not be punished for his ignorance and gruff manners.

Randel
2007-07-30, 07:47 PM
{BLUE!}

Eric stands in the King's hall, he gets a good look around the room and at the people there. He listens to what his King has to say but for the life of him can't really say what kind of trouble the kingdom could be in. He considers himself smart for a guard but never took the time to study up on history. When the one of his 'companions' asks what the King needs he listens intently.

Slash_712
2007-07-30, 09:09 PM
"Well as much as I have been trying to hide it, it is inevitable that you should be allowed to find out if your are to accept the quest I have for you. For some time, there have been many dissappearances throughout our kingdom, among them, my daughter. For the families who have had their members kidnapped by, as we later found out, some goblins and orcs and other foul beasts, we have paid them to keep from a complete outbreak. Well, ever since my daughter was kidnapped, I have lost almost all hope. My daughter is my only heir. If she were to be dead, I will have lost everything. Only if my daughter can be rescued can this town have a hope of surviving. I will add that if you are to take this job and complete it with all speed, I promise you, I will not overlook your deeds."

{OOC- Yes, if you all would make it a habit to head your posts with your character's name in bold, it would be much appreciated. Where are the other two, I coulda swore I PMed them? Do you guys want me to get farther without them are should I wait?}

The_Chilli_God
2007-07-30, 11:07 PM
I vote continue. It hasn't even been a full 12 hours yet.

Kheldar

The halfling bites back the first witty comment that came to his lips (believe me, you don't want to know what it was), but doesn't bite back the second.
"Orcs? Goblins? Those creatures couldn't control their own bathing patterns, let alone organize a complex kidnapping spree. Easy peasy!"
Hm. That might have been a little bit over the top.
"Urp, I mean... Ah..."

Randel
2007-07-31, 12:14 AM
Eric

The fighter hears Kheldar's comment and frowns a little. He's made a few friends among the goblins in the neighboring areas... rather nice folks once you get past the language barrier... and realize that most of them are likely to hate your guts for some massacre that humans committed in the past. But kidnapping royalty?

He could imagine some goblins thinking about it, but they goblins who would actually go so far as to capture a the princess would be ten times more likely to just kill her then and there than have any sort of needlessly complex kidnapping routine... but orcs? Meh, they might try kidnapping.

"I assure you, my Lord, that I will do all that I can to see the safe return of your daughter and all of the other captives." The fighter bows his head in respect. "But, did the kidnappers leave any demands or clues?"

Slash_712
2007-07-31, 01:28 PM
Hearing Kheldar's remark, the king immediately replies.....

"That's one of the first things that got me wondering. The orcs and goblins have proven to be a leaderless folk in the past, but now, with these kidnappings, I have decided to try and get some information about these goblins. I have had some spies after some tracks weeks ago, but only a few of them survived. However, I was able to find out from one lucky spy that there is a hideout about a day's ride away to the north. Also, I have received reports that the goblins and the allies do have a leader. I don't have a clue who or what it is, but I believe that I should proceed with caution. If you do accept, I can lend you horses for the ride. I do wish I could lend you soldiers, but the troops here have decreased over the years and our forces are constantly diminishing as well as our kingdom."

He then turns to Eric.....

"I appreciate your willingness, however the goblins did not leave any demands, which leads me to fear the worst. I fear that this isn't about money, but about the sport of killing."

Naleh
2007-07-31, 02:25 PM
Daethe

The elf's eyes widen at the news of the kidnappings, and he bows his head, much more respectful than a moment ago. "Of course, we will do everything in our power to free the captives. Your daughter will be returned to you with all speed."

Slash_712
2007-07-31, 03:39 PM
Smiling at the eager elf, he asks the rest of the group........

"Well, it seems as if I might have found the right people for the job. When will you be leaving?" He asks curiously.

king korath
2007-07-31, 03:46 PM
Francis


As soon as we can get our equipment back from your guards.

Randel
2007-07-31, 04:07 PM
Eric

Eric nods a little at that last statement.

"I'm ready to leave as soon as possible"

Slash_712
2007-07-31, 04:59 PM
"Wwll I was hoping that you six could just stay for dinner, which should be in a few minutes. You never should travel with an empty stomach, but if you are sent on going now...." He makes a nod towards the guards to signal them to give back your equipment. "You can find some horses in my royal stable. Take six. Any of them. As far as I know, they are all of equal speed. Once again....." He pauses for a little while and his head hangs down. "Thank you."

The_Chilli_God
2007-07-31, 10:48 PM
Kheldar

The halfling pouts at not being able to open his mouth quick enough to get a little bit of free lunch.
In a respectful manner, of course. Being next to the king and all.
"Just a little takeaway...?"

Naleh
2007-08-01, 03:48 AM
Daethe

The elf turns immediately and stalks over to one of the guards. He snatches his rapier back, glaring. "Well, let's go then," he says impatiently.

Only those closest to him notice his repeated glances at the roof and walls...

Randel
2007-08-01, 11:03 AM
Eric

Eric just follows the others out.

Slash_712
2007-08-01, 11:52 AM
Defrose laughs at the little halfling as he motions one of his servants with a single swift flick of his fingers. A few short seconds later, the same servant returns with a bag filled with meat and cheese weighing about 5 pounds all together. "This should hold you for a good two days at least." He says as he hands him the bag himself, still chuckling to himself.

king korath
2007-08-01, 01:53 PM
Francis

Francis takes back his weapons and carefully puts them in their places. The familiar weight of his great axe on his back calms him and puts him at ease. since we are traveling together it might be a good idea to at least learn each others names. I am Francis. Don't make fun of the name or else.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-01, 02:30 PM
Kheldar

The halfling accepts the back with a bow and a "Oh, my, thank you, Your Magesty!" followed very quickly by a "Oof, this is a bit heavy... Not to worry, though!"
He carries his takeaway bag over to where the others have gone to collect their weapons, and takes his weapons.
All 8 of them. Four daggers (which he sheathes into different areas around his body), a rapier, a shortsword, and a morningstar, and a light crossbow.

Once the halfling is back with the others again, he does a very over-the-top bow, complete with the taking off of his hat and swinging it around to over his shoulder (note that this is phenomenally difficult with a rather heavy takeaway bag in the other arm), and says, "Oh, and I am Kheldar Shadowstep, Halfling Adventurer Extraordinaire!"
Kheldar takes his self-gifted title seriously, you know.

Randel
2007-08-01, 08:22 PM
Eric

"Eric Zanzibar" The fighter says, simply. After taking his longsword and an obviously high-quality greatsword from the guard and sheathing it.

"Joined the guard to help protect my village from raiders, evidently I had a knack for the sword and I got honors for it." He pats the hilt of his enchanted greatsword. "Been in the village guard for over three years and when I got the summons I came."

Naleh
2007-08-01, 11:12 PM
Daethe

"Daethe," Daethe grunts.

((:smalltongue:))

Slash_712
2007-08-02, 10:15 AM
As you leave, outside you find four beautiful, tall horses. Two black, one white, and one brown horse. In front of them is a big, strong man guiding them all behind him by the reins.
"Hello, I am Frath, the kings servant. I take care of the horses for his majesty. He has told me to give each of you a horse. Just tell me which one you want and hop on into the saddle."

Randel
2007-08-02, 01:21 PM
Eric

"Dibs on the brown one." Eric says immediately and heads for the brown horse. He's seen far too many riders get spotted miles away because their white horse stands out like a sore thumb from everything else. Black horses are okay... but it seems that whenever he comes across bandits they always try to nab the black horses first. Maybe they think riding a black horse makes them more "evil" or something.

king korath
2007-08-02, 02:01 PM
Francis
I shall take one of the black horses. Francis tentatively eases himself into the saddle. It is clear that he has never ridden a horse before.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-02, 02:25 PM
Kheldar

The halfling waves his hand at the Frath.
"No no, I won't need one. I have two horses of my own, thanks. Although, if I bring along the cart, I might just end up slowing everyone down... And I can't just bring one of them...
Nah, screw it. Good ol' Bill and Ben can have the day off. Give me a pony, would you?"

Kheldar would end up on a rather cute chestnut-colored pony.
"Does he have a name? All mounts should have names. I'll call him Bob." Kheldar gets up easily enough on that saddle, and strokes 'Bob's mane while glaring at the others with a menacing smile on his face, as if daring them to insult his masculinity.
"Is there any chance that I could house Bill and Ben in those stables?" he asks the Frath.

Slash_712
2007-08-02, 02:30 PM
"Yes, I would be glad to take care of your ponies for you." He says as he bows down deeply before the halfling. As he brings the horses forward, Frath is astounded. "My, these are mighty fine ponies you have here sir. He says as he starts stroking his mane lightly. "It has been a while since I have seen horses like these. I would be honored to take care of them."

Then looking at Francis he sees that he has very little skill in a horse at all. "Will you be all right sir?" He asks.

king korath
2007-08-02, 03:07 PM
Francis
sure. If worsted comes to worsted, I can run along side. I am assuming that we will not be going at full speed.

Randel
2007-08-02, 05:55 PM
Eric

He's had some experience with riding horses and gets on easily. "Well then, where exactly are we headed off to?" He asks. Looking around to see who got the directions to the place.

king korath
2007-08-02, 08:43 PM
Francis

I don't know he didn't tell me while I was there. Halfling did he say anything about where we are supposed to go. You were the last to leave.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-02, 11:42 PM
Kheldar

The halfling looks rather niffed at being called 'Halfling.'
"Excuse me, my name is Kheldar. But yes, the King did say where to go. The orcs and goblins had a base camp or a hideout or something a day's ride up north."

He nods to the Frath with a cheerful smile on his face at the mention of the good condition he left Bill and Ben in. "I think I get that to happen by feeding them horseradish, but I'm not really sure. It's all the same in those bags of horse chow."

Naleh
2007-08-03, 04:14 PM
Daethe

Visibly calmer now he's outside, Daethe instead devotes his energies to picking a horse. He eventually chooses the remaining black one, although he stares longingly at the shining white one as it is led away.

He mounts the horse, slightly awkwardly, although with more ease than Francis. Then he holds out his arm and whistles - and a ferocious man-eating sky-monster bears down on him.

Alright, it's just a hawk. But who's really that familiar with hawks?

He murmurs to the bird in elven for a moment, then turns to the others. "So, north then? Anyone got anything to do first?" His elven nature seems more pronounced now; he sounds calm and friendly.

Randel
2007-08-03, 07:43 PM
Eric

"No, I'm perfectly willing to get underway as soon as possible."

He sits on the horse comfortably, with his everlasting rations and everfull mug, he really doesn't have much need for supplies.

Slash_712
2007-08-03, 07:49 PM
I twiddle my thumbs and wait for the rest of you to get under way.

king korath
2007-08-03, 11:15 PM
Francis

Let's get going. The sooner the goblins are dead the sooner this crisis is over. Francis does not start riding right away to hid his poor skills and inexperience.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-03, 11:33 PM
Kheldar

The halfling shoves his hand up into the air, using the other hand to make sure that he can keep on his new pony. "Then lets not waste any more time here! Those savage orcs and goblins aren't going to kick their own asses!" With that, he decides on leading the way, but quickly stops before he goes to far.
"Which way's north...? Uhm..."

Naleh
2007-08-04, 05:01 AM
Daethe

The newly-friendly elf laughs, claps Kheldar on the back (with difficultly; he has to lean almost out of the saddle to reach down to the halfling, and then there's the hawk taking up his other arm...), and directs him in the complete opposite direction.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-04, 02:23 PM
Kheldar

The halfling quickly turns Bob the Pony around to follow Daethe. "Oh yeah, this way. I knew that. Away!"

Randel
2007-08-04, 05:13 PM
Eric

"Giddeyup!" He rides along with the others, checking the surroundings of anything of interest as they go.

Slash_712
2007-08-04, 07:17 PM
You ride north for a good day, along the way passing a few guard towers with four or five guards at each. At each little checkpoint you are asked to stop and state your business. At all the checkpoints, once you state that you are under business with King Defrose, they let you through immediately and with a hearty good luck.

The next day you arrive at a clearing with a tower similar to that of the checkpoints earlier, but it seems a bit bigger, which gives you the feeling that this place was under the kingdom's control and the goblins were able to seize it by some force. As you enter, you can hear the light sounds of droplets hitting the ground from the ceiling. You can also hear soom voices, not english, more like grunts, to your right.

THE MAP
Thus far............


I--------------------- I
I I I I
I I I--D-D--I -----------------
I I I I
I I--------I I I
I I I
I I------I I I
I D I I
I-------------I I---------------I
I I
I- 1 2 3 4 -I



Legend-
I= Vertical Wall
-= Horizontal Wall
D= Door


{OOC- Tell me which number you are and I will add your initial instead of a number. Does this work for everyone? It is time consuming, but it gives you an idea of where you are. Also post your initiative and actions. This didn't come out right in the post, so If you want an accurate version, just hit the Quote button and look at it from there.}

Randel
2007-08-04, 07:58 PM
Eric

((I'll go with number 4 then.))
((Initiative: [roll0]))


Eric stops and listens to the voices, trying to see if there is and Goblin or Dwarven in it, he can tell that they weren't speaking in Common.

((Listen Check: [roll1]))

king korath
2007-08-04, 09:08 PM
Francis

I will take number one.

Initiative is [roll0]

I take out my great axe and look around the room listening for movement.

spot [roll1]
listen [roll2]

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-04, 10:04 PM
Hm... It might be better to work out something with Paint or whatever you have. Text maps confuse me.
Anyway, I'll take 2.

Kheldar
Initiative 15, Listen 26, Spot 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1193093)

The halfling quickly dismounts Bob the Pony, and comments in a hushed voice so as to not instantly alert anybody, "Hoo! That sure was quick."
He then takes out his rapier and focuses his attention on the voices from where he is standing, trying to figure out if they're speaking in goblin (a language he's familiar with) or orcish (a language which he is not).

Naleh
2007-08-04, 11:27 PM
[OOC: I believe you can force your maps and stuff to keep their format by wrapping [CODE] tags around them.

Well, I guess that leaves me with 3... but how can you put in my initial? You've already used D for doors, and I don't tend to give my characters surnames. EDIT: Perhaps a lowercase d?]

Daethe

The ranger is not much of a linguist, and can't understand a word of that grunting. Nevertheless, he strains his ears, trying to place the source of the noise.

The hawk sits on his shoulder and ruffles its feathers slightly.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]+2 if it's bright light (and if not, he's got low-light vision)

Slash_712
2007-08-05, 05:50 PM
Alright I will do it room by room then.

As Francis enters the room, the room he finds some orcs and goblins and the rest of you recopgnize the language if you happen to know it. Here we go, post your first round actions.

A B C D E F G H I J
1
2
3 E g
4 d o C
5 F o C
6 K g
7

{OOC- Once more please use the Quote and I will work on better mapping gear.}



Monster Init.
[roll0]

king korath
2007-08-05, 06:36 PM
Francis

I attack the nearest monster and power attack for 3.

attack [roll0]

king korath
2007-08-05, 06:40 PM
I did damage wrong the first time 1d20 instead of 1d12 so here is the good role.

damage[roll0]

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-05, 11:28 PM
Kheldar

Free Action: "Boo. We're with the Royal Repossession Department, and it's come to our attention that you have been illegally acquiring a number of individuals. I'd like to ask you politely to hand them back over."
Move Action: Kheldar will love to advance to E5 (assuming no enemies are going to come roaring at him), drawing his shortsword as he moves. If enemies have advanced already, then he'll move to the closest enemy, flanking if possible and tumbling if he has to.
Standard Action: If enemies have advanced, One attack with rapier.
Rolls: 22 Tumble ; 13 to hit ; 1 Damage (6 if Sneak Attack) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1194736)

Of course, Kheldar will probably be quite annoyed when Francis moves straight in for the kill.

Naleh
2007-08-05, 11:52 PM
Daethe

Seeing the creatures, Daethe plunges his hand into the quiver on his leg, and pulls out a whole longbow. He quickly knocks an arrow and lets fly at one of the orcs.

OOC: That might be more than one round... but assuming it's not:
[roll0]
[roll1]
including Point Blank Shot

Slash_712
2007-08-06, 09:41 PM
Francis moves towards the closest enemy and with a single swing, manages to slice entirely through an orc. Kheldar moves closer to the enemies as Daethe shoots an arrow straight into the head of the other orc.

{OOC- Those two C's are a two space chest. Just waiting on Eric then sorry about posting pretty late, it might be like this for a while, don't despair I am still here.}

Randel
2007-08-06, 09:54 PM
Eric

"Throw down your weapons and surrender!" Eric shouts in goblin as he heads toward and strikes a blow to the nearest orc with his greatsword.


((Declares +1 dodge bonus on the orc he targets [I suppose the one at C4]))
((Power attacks orc to subtract 3 from attack roll to add 6 to his damage roll, due to his two-handed greatsword))

((Attack roll: [roll]1d20+4+1)) //the +1 is from the weapon enhancement
((Damage roll:[roll]2d6+6+6+1)) //+6 from power attack, +6 from x1.5 from masterwork sword, +1 from masterwork.

((sorry if they don't match up right, my first time using combat like this))

Randel
2007-08-06, 09:57 PM
Eric

((sorry))

((Attack roll: 1d20+4+1 ))
((Damage roll:2d6+6+6+1 ))

Randel
2007-08-06, 10:01 PM
Eric

((gah))

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]

king korath
2007-08-06, 11:01 PM
Francis
take one alive. Francis attacks the last goblin for non-lethal damage. (ooc this is assuming that there is one left to attack after every turn.)
attack [roll0]
damage[roll1]

Slash_712
2007-08-08, 09:53 AM
Eric slashes the last orc through his chest letting his cold corpse drop to the ground with a light thud. The last goblin, right as he opens his mouth is hit over the head with the blunt end of Francis' great axe, leaving him unconcious and with a very bad head ache.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-08, 02:20 PM
Kheldar

Kheldar was wondering if those orcs and goblins were actually going to attack back during their own initiative order. But as it turns out that isn't the case...
"Chest!" He exclaims as he moves over to the chest to examine it, ignoring the unconscious goblin. Interrogation makes the halfling uncomfortable, if done the wrong way.

Search Check 15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1198976)

Randel
2007-08-08, 08:50 PM
Eric

Eric wipes off his blade on the clothing of the nearest fallen orc, he looks at both the unconscious goblin and the chests that Kheldar is examing. He unfortunately forgot to bring any rope with him and he's not quite sure if the chests are trapped or not so he decides to search the room for any doors or secret passageways. If he finds any he would then looks though them to get a better view of the surroundings and listen to see if there are any more creatures nearby.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Slash_712
2007-08-08, 09:16 PM
Kheldar finds nothing to suggest a trap on the chest.

Eric can't hear much, but he does know that there are doors all around them, so they might get in the way of the sound.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-08, 11:10 PM
Kheldar

Well, Kheldar hopes that he found a lock, at least. Something other than the trap being absolutely free to open. Anything!
...
Except maybe poison on the lid. That stuff's really annoying.
Anything? If not, then he just opens it and looks inside at all whatever goodies there are.

Slash_712
2007-08-09, 11:00 AM
Kheldar does find a lock that looks fairly simple, opened with a swift hit and maybe a little work with some lockpicks.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-09, 02:25 PM
Kheldar

"Whew!" Kheldar makes an audible sigh at having something to put his skills to.
Those thieves tools are out a second later, and are being set to work on the chest.

Open Lock 14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1200901), bah.
I'll take 10 if that doesn't work, for a result of 20.

Randel
2007-08-09, 08:53 PM
Eric

Eric takes another look at the unconscious goblin to make sure it's still unconscious, then turns to look at the massive chest. Turning to his teammates the says. "Who wants to bet that this thing is full of prisoners instead of treasure?"

The fighter briefly imagines that they find the kings daughter in a chest in a 10x10 room guarded by orcs and goblins. He bursts into laughing and has to wipe tears from his eyes.

Naleh
2007-08-10, 12:59 AM
Daethe

Daethe glances around warily, and, though his eyes come to rest on the chests, he remains well back in the centre of the room.

king korath
2007-08-10, 11:05 AM
Francis

Francis ties up the knocked out goblin and waits for him to awaken.

Slash_712
2007-08-11, 09:20 AM
After having no success with the chest with his first attempt, Kheldar decides to calm down a bit a let his fingers work without being too excited. After a little while he hears the lock click and inside he sees a pile a gold coins.

{OOC- For any player who wants their character to count them, there are 240. Also for a while I won't be able to post daily necessarily so just bear with me.}

king korath
2007-08-13, 08:19 PM
Francis

Let us divide the gold we get on this mission by who has killed the most monsters. It is only fair.

Slash_712
2007-08-13, 08:40 PM
DM wonders if he should zap the selfish Barbarian for about 5d6 six points of pure random damage.

{OOC- I am sorry about not posting, right now I will be out from about 7:30 in the morning to about 2:00 in the afternoon for football practice and when I come home all I want to do is sleep so please be patient.}

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-13, 11:25 PM
Kheldar

Ooh, the halfling has about twenty witty comebacks for that suggestion. But only one will do.
"Only if you can actually count up to how many I'm going to kill!" he picks.

"Better solution, and I did this with the last group I was with, so it works. We take all of the money and shove it into a group fund, with one of us as the treasurer. If somebody wants to buy something, then party treasurer says yes or no." He then smirks. "Of course, the treasurer won't be treasurer for long if he decides to say no to everything but his own buyings. Savvy?"

Naleh
2007-08-14, 12:04 AM
Daethe

"Now now, Kheldar," says Daethe, his voice ironic, "Francis' idea is a great one, if you want to encourage the murder of innocents."

More seriously, he adds, "Many people've been blinded by gold to the point of, say, killing the prisoners as well as the orcs. Or killing orcs who've nothing to do with kidnapping. Who are we to define 'monsters'?"

{OOC: ...Of course, archers aren't famed for killing monsters en masse. Except maybe Legolas.}

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-14, 12:18 AM
Kheldar

He feels the need to clear something up.
"Right, sorry, I didn't actually mean killing anything in sight and calling it a monster to justify."

Oh, Legolas' and Gimli's frag-count games. *Tsk*

Randel
2007-08-14, 10:54 AM
Eric

The fighter looks at the other three there, "We come across our first chest and we're already squabbling over coins?"" He sighs, "Listen, I think there's about 240 gold coins there, and I'm pretty sure there are four of us here... so what say we all take 60 gold each and get on with this. Lets save our fighting for when we start getting magic items we can't divide by... well, division."

He sighs and looks at the goblin to see if its showing any signs of waking up. Then he looks at the dead orcs and goblins and searches them, to see if they are carrying any spare change on them...

He's a fighter, not a paladin.

Search: [roll0]

Slash_712
2007-08-14, 07:23 PM
{OOC - Yes! Atleast one person in my campaign can do math. As for the legolas and gimli kill contest, priceless}

Randel searches the bodies all over the floor, but only finds that they are carrying their rusty weapons and armor. As for the unconcious goblin, he does seem to be stirring now.

Randel
2007-08-14, 09:10 PM
Eric

Eric takes the rusty weapons and puts them in his bag, might be worth a few silver to sell them and at the very least that will be a few less weapons their enemies can use. He collects his 60 gp from the chest and watches the goblin rousing. "Anyone here know how to interrogate?" he asks.

"First question would be what they were doing here since we didn't bother to ask before attacking."

Randel
2007-08-15, 06:31 PM
Eric

The fighter sighs "I guess I'll do it." he says quietly and then leans down to the goblin, facing it while holding his longsword in hand in plain view as he speaks to it in goblin.

"Alright, here's how it lays out. We killed all those guys there and we're perfectly willing to kill you, if nothing else than for the practice. Now, answer our questions and instead we might just let you crawl away from here alive and with all your limbs attached."

Intimidate check: [roll0]

After a pause he asks the questions.


"Who are you and what were you and these other guys," *he motions to the dead goblins and orcs* "doing here just now?"

"What do you know about the kidnapped people and the princess?"

"Who is leading this operation and where can we find him?"

and finally,

"Why were the kidnappings taken place?"

Sense motive check to see if the goblin is answering truthfully: [roll1]

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-15, 11:16 PM
Kheldar

The halfling looks nervously at what the goblin's response is going to be.
He doesn't like interrogation. In fact, he'd much rather let the captive wake up and then he'd simply dare him to try and attack the group on his own.
"Careful if he doesn't know!" He calls out helpfully.

Slash_712
2007-08-16, 08:38 PM
The goblin looks up at the fighter and shuttering a little he says.

""I am Grunch sir." He says in very rough Common. "I am a grunt hired here by some other orc captain here somewhere in this dungeon. I don't know where he is. He is generally going around making checks. As for the kidnappings, I know little about why we do it or about this princess. I know nothing about if they are even alive still." After he finishes he tries to slink away into a corner and hide himself from you guys.

For Randel Only

He seems to be telling the truth.

Randel
2007-08-17, 12:49 AM
Eric

Eric nods at this, "Okay then, looks like we'll just have to go forward then." He gets up, ready to press on. He's not surprised that the goblin doesn't know about the plans, organizations like this rarely let the lower mooks know very much.

"Well, unless anyone else has any questions I suggest we press on and see about getting to the higher-ups before too long. Francis, maybe untie him to get your rope back, I don't think we have to kill this guy, we already beat him." He thinks a bit, "We can probably stuff him in the chest there and lock it if we don't want him warning the others about us."

Since they already beat and disarmed him, there's no need to kill him, but letting him walk away could run the risk of him warning others.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-17, 12:59 AM
Kheldar

The halfling laughs, both at Eric's suggestion and at a little bit of surprise that the goblin can speak common in a civilized manner, even saying "Sir" and such.
"I do believe that Mr Stabbity," he holds up his rapier to indicate it, "would kill the goblin a lot more humanely than days spent stuck in a box where, if the lack of food and water don't get to you, the lack of air will." He then raises his eyebrow in an expression that would ask "Do you have any better ideas?"

Randel
2007-08-17, 11:47 AM
Eric

"Well if you want to kill him then go ahead and do it!" The fighter says, exasperated. "Listen, I'm just going to keep going and when you guys catch up, either you'd have the problem solved however you want or Grunch here will be our wacky new sidekick."

Eric picks up his sword and heads for the door that leads further into this dungeon. He opens it and presses forward.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-17, 02:31 PM
Kheldar

"Oooh, yeah, he's so cute as well! Lets keep him." Kheldar puts away his rapier and moves up to the goblin as though the goblin were a puppy.
...
Yes, that's complete with the "Come here, Grunch! Come here! There's a good goblin!"

Slash_712
2007-08-17, 07:06 PM
Eric moves out of the room back into the 80 feet wide lobby. About 80 feet to the East you spot a door and about 45 and 50 feet away and 30 feet up you spot two more doors. Along the doors 30 feet above, there is a wall of the room extending 25 feet in both directions, and then there is an open hall. sorta like this, please work.



1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _1_ _ _ _ _DD_ _ _ _ _1
1 1 _ _ _ _ _ _
1 1 1 1_1 1
1 _ _ _1 _ _ _1 R 1
1 1 1 1
1 1 _ _ 1 1
1 1 Y 1
1 D 1 1
1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 1_ _ _ 1 1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _1
-1 1
-1_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _1


Y= You (Eric)
R= Rest of the party+ Goblin
D= Door
_= Horizontal Wall
1= Vertical Wall

As for Kheldar, as you come forward the goblin scrucnhes into a ball and tries to imagine himself somewhere else. You hear constant little whimpers, but he doesn't run.

{OOC- Dang so close, but this thing doesn't want to work for me, please use quote again, sorry}

Randel
2007-08-18, 02:43 AM
Eric

Eric looks around the room and sighs, this probably isn't the brightest idea but he just couldn't think of killing someone who is effectivly helpless and hasn't really done anything wrong... but he didn't doubt the goblin would have warned the others of their presence.

"Stupid scruples..." he says under his breath. Should have been a paladin for all this trouble.

Shaking his head, he decides to head for the doors on the upper wall, moving along the upper wall, searching for secret doors, traps, or anything else suspicious as he goes. Hopefully, the others will have solved the problem and meet up with him before he makes it to the other side. He could then say he was searching for traps, not waiting.

In the back of his mind he smirks and makes a mental wager that the two doors lead to male and female restrooms. He chuckles at the thought.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

king korath
2007-08-18, 12:42 PM
Francis

I follow Eric, on alert for traps or enemies

Search [roll0]
spot [roll1]
listen [roll2]

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-18, 02:16 PM
Kheldar

Noticing that all of the others don't seem to want to address the goblin, Kheldar shrugs, before saying to the goblin, in its own language (for added comfortability!), [Goblin]"I don't care if you run, follow, or move ahead to warn your friends. Just try not to get yourself in kidnapping schemes again. That sort of thing brings people like us."

He then leaves the goblin to do whatever, and hovers around the door that the others are going through, and sits down to laugh silently at what they are doing. "Having fun?"

Spot check 18, Listen check 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1213885)

Slash_712
2007-08-20, 11:07 AM
The initial search of the doors reveals nothing dangerous.

For Kheldar and Francis only

You can hear rough orcish grunts and growls behind the doors.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-20, 02:33 PM
Kheldar

The halfling stands up again, and moves slowly and calmly over to the door where the others are, readying actions to draw both his weapons when they do open it.
"So! What could be behind Door Number One?" He jokingly half-whispers.

Randel
2007-08-20, 09:26 PM
Eric

Eric readies his great sword and nods to the others there as he slowly gets a good grip on the door handle... "Okay, on the count of three. One... two... three!" He opens the door wide for the others.

king korath
2007-08-20, 10:03 PM
Francis

I charge and attack. power attack for 3.

initiative [roll0]
attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]
my Ac 18
I do not rage.

Naleh
2007-08-20, 11:41 PM
Daethe

Catch-up
After taking his fair share of the gold, the wood elf returns to the larger room, and watches Eric and the others examining the door. He chuckles slightly.

Now
The longbow returning to his hand so fast it seems magic, he quickly knocks an arrow, and, if he sees a hostile target, fires.

{{OOC: Gah, I forgot you can't make dice rolls if you preview first.
Vitals: HP19, AC16 (flat13, touch13)}}

Naleh
2007-08-20, 11:43 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: Woohoo, natural 1. :smallannoyed: And I got a 20 in the Initiative check!

Slash_712
2007-08-21, 09:30 AM
Okay just to be sure, you guys are opening the door on the right correct? And Francis, are you running over Eric to get into the room?

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-21, 01:56 PM
Kheldar

Man, would they feel stupid if they opened the door just to find a tape recorder playing guttural noises.
Kheldar won't attack when the others open whatever door it is, until he knows what he's fighting.
Because that's smart.

king korath
2007-08-21, 04:48 PM
Francis

No I charge around him to attack any enemies in the room. The ones making the noise.

Randel
2007-08-21, 06:30 PM
Eric

( I opened it and stood to the side so that the others got a clear shot right into the room, to enter, shoot, or charge in depending on strategy. I stay to the side until all the others get into the room or stop firing bolts. Oh, and it is the one on the right... or whichever one you indicated had orc voices behind it)

Slash_712
2007-08-24, 09:05 PM
Ok I am still here, bruised, but still here.

Secondly, The group opens a door revealing an orc, watchying over the nifty little attack dogs that orcs have, aka wolves. Here is a map, God please work this time.



1_ _ _ _ _
1 1
1_ _ 1 W 1
1 O 1
1 1
1 W 1
1 E _ _ _ _ _1

O= Orc
W= Wolf
E= Entry

Please place your characters on the map and post initiative and health and AC.

Monster Init=
[roll0]
Averaged for group togetherness.

Ack, a tiny bit skewed, shouldn't be a problem though.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-24, 09:44 PM
I have an idea. Try using dots instead of spaces. Like so:


...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|........|
|.......W|
.|E______|

Kheldar
AC 19, Hp 16/16, Initiative 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1224041) (Dammit...)

The halfling, not being too interested in this one group, picks a spot at the back, behind the door. When it is opened, though, his weapons are drawn and he waits for the others to cut themselves a nice gory swathe like they did last time.

Naleh
2007-08-25, 04:18 AM
So as I understand it...
Daethe won initiative with a natural 20, but missed the orc with a natural 1. :smallannoyed:
Then the enemies do stuff.
Then Francis charges someone.
Then Kheldar, erm, stands there. As does Eric.

However...

Daethe

"Ooooh, doggies!" says the wood elf, completely forgetting the circumstances, his arrow flying wide. The hawk that had been sitting quietly on his shoulder ruffles its feathers indignantly.

That's probably what threw his aim off. :smallbiggrin:

Slash_712
2007-08-25, 03:09 PM
Initiative:
Daethe- 23
Monsters- 8
Francis- 6
Kheldar- 5
Eric- 4

OK. I am still waiting for people to place their order in the room, or give me their order outside the door, like how they are aligned outside.

Don't bother Looking it's almost meaningless...........sorta

[roll0]

Randel
2007-08-25, 03:23 PM
Eric

Eric moves into the room and targets the wolf closest to the door, he power attacks with his greatsword and prepares to dodge if it attacks him.


...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|........|
|......EW|
.|.______|

E = Eric

Initiative: 1d20+2

((power attacks to turn 3 from his attack roll to 6 on his damage roll. Applies his dodge to the wolf))

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Naleh
2007-08-25, 09:13 PM
...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|........|
|.D....EW|
.|.______|

O = Orc
W = Wolf
E = Eric
D = Daethe

Randel
2007-08-26, 02:00 AM
Eric

Initiative: [roll0]

Naleh
2007-08-26, 04:02 AM
Wow, we're rolling low initiative today.

'Cept me. I'm way faster than all you guys! :smalltongue:

Slash_712
2007-08-26, 05:31 PM
OK then, As Eric moves up to the wolf, it attacks him with his vicious fangs, the second wolf lets out a very loud howl and the orc throws his javelin at Daethe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Naleh
2007-08-27, 03:50 PM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19

The wood elf yells out in pain and shock as the javelin drives into him.

Glaring, he says "Fine. Be that way then," and points at the orc.

A bright light streaks from his finger, striking the orc unerringly.

[roll0]

(damn, minimum damage.)

Slash_712
2007-08-27, 07:48 PM
Just waiting on everyone else to post.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-27, 10:57 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, Hp 16

He winces as the second wolf lets out that howl. "Ooh, but there's going to be some hurt passed around if the other orcs heard that," he comments, and decides that it's probably best if he close the door behind him just so other sounds don't get too far out.

So Kheldar will step inside the room and close the door, because he's pretty sure that Francis already rushed inside at his first opportunity.


...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|........|
|.D....EW|
.|K______|

K = Kheldar. Duh.

Randel
2007-08-28, 01:47 AM
Eric

AC 18 : HP 37/37

The wolfs bite strikes at air as Eric backs backs a little out of range. He scowls at it and then lets loose with another power attack on the wolf.



...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|........|
|.D....EW|
.|K______|

E = Eric
K = Kheldar
D = Daethe



Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

king korath
2007-08-28, 07:18 PM
Francis
ac18 hp34

I attack the orc. (assuming that my earlier post is void, other wise use that action.) Power attack for 3.

Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Slash_712
2007-08-29, 07:39 PM
{OOC- Thank you evryone but King Korath for posting their positions.}

The bolt of light from Daethe's hands strikes the orc and he flinches as it hits him, wincing.

Francis then lets loose a terrible blow on the orc, slicing clear through his body.

Eric swings his sword hard, but the wolf is just a little too quick and dodges it barely before the sword made mince-meat of it's face.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]


{Um, yeah........who broke the dice roller?}
For Kheldar, but I know the rest of you look at these out of curiosity.
Kheldar, Make a listen check if you please.

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-29, 11:21 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, Hp 16, Initiative 5

The halfling looks behind him as he notes with satisfaction that the battle is progressing rather well.
"I hope you don't plan on interrogating those doggies this time!"

DM Only[Listen Check 13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1232304)] base. Feel free to add modifiers based on the door being in the way or the distraction of the battle.

Slash_712
2007-08-30, 10:22 AM
For Kheldar Only


You hear something slam behind you, something heavy, like of wood or stone

king korath
2007-08-30, 12:08 PM
Francis
ac18 hp34

Dodging the wolf's attack I let loose a mighty swing. Power attack for 3.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Naleh
2007-08-30, 02:10 PM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19

Annoyed by how little effect his spell seemed to have, Daethe draws two arrows and fires them at the orc, one after the other.

Apparently sensing Daethe's frustration, the hawk takes flight. It flutters over to the orc and sinks its talons into his face.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]


...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|.D...HF.|
|......EW|
.|K______|

D = Daethe
E = Eric
F = Francis (assumed)
K = Kheldar
H = Hawk

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-30, 02:14 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, Hp 16, Initiative 5

Kheldar suddenly looks back at the door.
"Well, well, well. I see we're going to have more visitors." He comments softly, gripping his two weapons a little more tightly. "Those doggies had better be taken care of quick!"

DM OnlyReady action - as soon as the door is opened, attack the first visible opponent behind it.

Randel
2007-08-31, 12:57 PM
Eric

AC 18 : HP 37/37 : Initiative 4



...._____
...|.....|
.__|..W..|
|......O.|
|.D...HF.|
|......EW|
.|K______|

D = Daethe
E = Eric
F = Francis
K = Kheldar
H = Hawk


Eric easily dodges the wolfs bite and skowls, he readjusts his grip on then mentally chides himself and strikes again without power attacking. Better to be more accurate and kill them now.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1] (+1 from masterwork and +6 from my strength mod * 1.5 that I forgot I was supposed to add to my last times I attacked.)

Slash_712
2007-08-31, 06:35 PM
Francis and Eric both succeed in killing the wolves on them with a single mighty blow.
Daethe shoots the orc in the heart and he lets out a scream of rage and falls down on his back.
The next moment you hear scratchings on the door behind all of you.

{You may all have a single standard action}

king korath
2007-09-01, 01:34 PM
Francis
Ac18 Hp34

I stand next to the door so that I can attack who ever comes through. Readied action attach first creature coming through the door. Power attack for 3.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-01, 02:06 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, Hp 16, Initiative 5

Well, if Francis wants to stand next to the door, that's fine. But Kheldar's already called bags shotgun right in front of the door.
Like, he did that about a round or two ago, and he still has his readied action in place.
"I don't care if they see me coming, I don't care if they see me coming..." he repeats to himself quietly.

Randel
2007-09-01, 08:56 PM
Eric

AC 18 : HP 37/37 : Initiative 4



...#######
...#.....#
####..%..#
#......%.#
#.D...H..#
#KFE....%#
#+########

D = Daethe
E = Eric
F = Francis
K = Kheldar
H = hawk

# = Wall
+ = closed door
- = open door
% = corpse


[made up this version of the map, I think it makes it easier to place people by the south wall. Its kind of based on the ASCII graphics used in NetHack and other roguelikes. Its easy to modify this map in notepad.]

Eric stands along the south wall near Francis, he stays at the ready for when the fighting starts, since he can't really get in close enough to attack. He thinks for a second and then decides to try something. "I have an idea." he whispers.

He turns to the middle of the room and starts yelling in goblin but tries to affect a orcish accent. "You stupid bloody wolves! I said no fighting and I mean no fighting. No, don't poop on the... that's it! You, go in the corner right now." he turns toward the door and says in an exasperated goblin-speaking orc voice. "Sorry about that guys but these wolves were fighting, you'd better not come inside or they might never get trained properly."

He shrugs at the glares he gets from his team mates as if to say "It's worth a shot."

Bluff Check: [roll0]
Disguise Check: [roll1]

Slash_712
2007-09-02, 07:00 PM
The scratching on the door ceases, and it leaves behind an awkward silence behind. You may all continue with your regularly scheduled adventuring.

Randel
2007-09-04, 05:39 PM
Eric

"Woah, I guess it worked... maybe." he shrugs and goes over to the fallen orc to search its pockets for loot or clues about the places layout or something. "Though we probably should be careful when we open that door up. They might just be waiting outside, unless it was Grunch out there clawing the door."



...#######
...#.....#
####..%..#
#.....E%.#
#.D...H..#
#KF.....%#
#+########

D = Daethe
E = Eric
F = Francis
K = Kheldar
H = hawk

# = Wall
+ = closed door
- = open door
% = corpse


Search check: [roll0]

Slash_712
2007-09-04, 07:10 PM
Despite his best efforts, Eric finds nothing that would help him with knowledge of the dungeon, but on the one of the dead orcs bodies, you find a bag full of coins.

Randel
2007-09-04, 11:13 PM
Eric

Eric counts out the money and divides it equally four ways among the group. "Well, we should probably get going and see what's past that other door. I guess you can have that javelin." he says nodding to Daethe.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-07, 01:55 AM
Kheldar

The halfling looks back at Eric with his rapier raised. He's trying to say something.
It takes a while for the dialogue to come out.
"You..."
He can't quite get out more than that one word, so instead, he points at Eric with his rapier, the sternest of expressions on his face.

He then turns back towards the door, and opens it juuussst a little bit, a crack's worth, to see if there's anyone in the room in that particular part of the hallway room place.

Naleh
2007-09-07, 03:37 AM
Daethe

The elf makes a face. "Ugh, orc-made weapons." Nevertheless, he retreives the javelin(s) and those of his arrows that are still useable, and attempts to clean them off, watching Kheldar reprimand Eric for something. Every few moments, Daethe glances around nervously, though for what you can't tell.

Slash_712
2007-09-08, 08:46 AM
For Kheldar
Outside Kheldar sees a number of Goblins talking amongst themselves looking rather confused. Six of them to be exact.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-08, 02:01 PM
Kheldar

The halfling slowly closes the door again, and moves his hands up and down to get the party to shut the hell up.
"Six Gobs out there still," he whispers, hoping that the party will also whisper and not alert the goblins to their presence further.
He's smiling thinly.

king korath
2007-09-09, 12:04 AM
Francis

Daethe, fire when I charge, Kheldar try to sneak around to flank them, Erik with me. I also whisper. I wait for the others to follow my plan or to make a better one.

Randel
2007-09-09, 01:36 AM
Eric

Eric nods at this and readies himself to follow Francis on the attack. Mentally, he starts to wonder if he had done the right thing with that bluff of his, though this would change the attack from the small contained room they were in to the wide open 'lobby' where the goblins could escape, this does allow them a chance at a sneak attack. Plus, the goblins in the back could have called for reinforcements... yeah, this was for the best, they may be able to keep the element of surprise yet. And this time don't bother with prisoners.

The fighter readies himself for action.

Naleh
2007-09-09, 01:57 AM
Daethe

At Kheldar's whispered words, Daethe immediately stands to face the door, grabbing the closest weapon - the javelin. He draws back, ready to throw.

"Well, looks like this orc-made weapon will find a use after all."

{{readied action: as soon as possible, throw the javelin at a goblin, preferrably one of the rear ones.
[roll0] (+2 BAB, +3 dex)
[roll1] (+2 str, +2 favoured enemy)

Also, [roll2]}}

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-09, 02:27 AM
Kheldar

Soon-as-possible-wish-granted!

Kheldar bursts the door open as forcefully and suddenly as he can manage, and pretty much dives into the closest goblin to take the advantage of surprise as much as possible.

To hit 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251888) (Should be 28 because of charging), Damage 1, Sneak Attack damage 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251888)+2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251900)
Confirm Critical 15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251891) (Again, should be 17 because of charging), Bonus damage if confirm 4. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251891)
Initiative 21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251895)

Slash_712
2007-09-10, 08:58 AM
Kheldar busts through the door with Francis and the rest of the group. Daethe throws a javelin that finds it's new home in the heart of one of the goblins. Kheldar rushes forward and plants his sword into the nearest goblin causing it to squeal in pain and fall over.

{I will need Initiative from the rest of you guys.}

Randel
2007-09-10, 02:42 PM
Eric

AC 18 : HP 37/37

Eric rushes in to join the attack, he runs through the door and out to the side to attack one of the remaining goblins with his masterwork greatsword.

Initiative: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1] (3 BAB, 4 STR, +1 enhancement from masterwork)
Damage: [roll2] (6 STR*1.5 , +1 enhancement from masterwork)

Slash_712
2007-09-12, 09:17 AM
Just waiting on Francis now.

king korath
2007-09-12, 04:21 PM
Francis

Charge so that I can hit two goblins with cleave. no rage, power attack for three on both.

normal
attack[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Cleave
attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Slash_712
2007-09-14, 09:29 AM
Okay I promise this game will go on but I will need some time, I am really busy as of now.

Slash_712
2007-09-15, 06:41 PM
Kheldar rushes out and stabs one of the orcs in the chest, as he falls to the ground Daethe skewers one with the javelin he picked up. It lets out a high pitched scream and blood oozes out of the newly created orifice. Eric charges and hits the goblin with a massive blow. At the same time Francis charges as well and destroys two goblins in a fury of steel. Blood now is scattered across the room. Congrats. You may now continue with your adventure.

Randel
2007-09-16, 12:07 PM
Eric

"Well, that scream probably alerted someone and I'm not sure if I can bluff my way out of that." Eric sighs as he looks at the carnage. "Think we should hide these in that wolf-room? So as not to alert everyone walking through?"

He thinks about this for a second, "Actually... nah. The corpses at the entrance would tip people off faster. Lets just loot them and check the next door. Maybe they keep their prisoners right next to their vicious attack wolf training room."

He proceeds to loot the bodies, and checks the goblins faces to see if Grunch was among them.

Search: [roll0]

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-16, 02:12 PM
Kheldar

The halfling is all too content to let the inexperienced fighter person search through all those bodies.
Truth be told, he's more interested in what's behind Door Number Two!
And he says as much, "Yeah, you go do that. I'm more interested in what's behind Door Number Two!"

Which would be the door right next to the one with the orc and the doggies.

[Listen at door 27, Search the Door 12] (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1269331)Goddamnit, the friggin fighter is better at searching than the friggin rogue!

Slash_712
2007-09-16, 03:52 PM
Well the door Kheldar is listening at is already opening and he doesn't here much. As for Eric, besides the weapons and armor they have you find nothing of interest on their bodies.

Randel
2007-09-17, 04:31 AM
Eric

Eric puts the weapons in his backpack but retrieve the orc javelin and offers it again to Daethe if he wants it, if he doesn't then it just goes into his backpack. He looks back and sees that the other door is opened and goes over to check that with the others.

Naleh
2007-09-18, 01:21 AM
Daethe

The wood elf looks down on the mess, disgust etched on his face. He turns his back on the goblinoids, instead watching the doorway from a short distance, as is his norm.

Daethe accepts the javelin again. "It's like a large, reusable arrow..." he muses, before shaking off the blood and sliding it into his quiver. It is much longer than the quiver, but, much like the longbow, it vanishes inside.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-18, 01:46 AM
Kheldar

The halfling sighs at the open door. "Well. They can't all be winners." He then takes a quick look inside, really not expecting anyone or anything in there.
You know what they say, after all. No adventure awaits behind an open door.
...
Or maybe Kheldar just thought that up on the spot, either way is still good.

Randel
2007-09-20, 04:22 PM
Eric

The fighter gets up after collecting the old weapons and looks around the room. He lets Kheldar check the door but looks down at the goblins again. "Well." He thinks to himself, "The halfling seems to have that door under control. Perhaps I should use my Super Fighter Tracking skillz to deduce where these goblins came from."

Eric checks the floor for footprints to determine if the goblins had come from the now obviously open doorway or from one of the two other entrances.

Search:[roll0]
Survival:[roll1]

(dont remember what my wisdom modifier was, since my character sheet was on Thetangledweb and thats down. I think it was a +1 but since I don't have the tracking feat then thats pretty much moot anyway. Plus I don't have ranks in either search or Survival)

Slash_712
2007-09-20, 05:57 PM
Even without ueber tracking skizizels, the fighter is able to track the origin of the goblins ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER ROOM *gasp*

Randel
2007-09-20, 10:42 PM
Eric

Since everyone else is looking at the open room, I decide to head off to the door to the west (the one we haven't been through yet) and open it up a crack and listen to see what is on the other side.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-20, 11:03 PM
Why do you roll so good on those senses checks? WHY? *Sobs*

Kheldar

He is only still looking in the other room because Kheldar does not know what is in the room, yet.

king korath
2007-09-21, 03:43 PM
Francis

I follow Eric and keep my axe in my hands. I stay away from the door but ready to charge through it if Eric hears anything.

Naleh
2007-09-21, 04:47 PM
Daethe

The archer merely stands in the middle of the room, watching his teammates. Who needs to charge into battle when you've got a bow?

Slash_712
2007-09-22, 10:27 AM
I am confused, I thought Kheldar checked that door. That was the door to the room the goblins were originally in.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-22, 02:45 PM
Might be easier if we redraw the map for this one.

# # # #
###############-#-######
# # K #### ####
# # # ### #
# #### #### #
# # # #
# #### D # #
# # | #
# |EF # #
# # # #
############# ############
# #
################
Okay? Kheldar's still looking through the open doorway into the goblin room, because he hasn't been told if there's anything in it. Eric's checking the westernmost door.

Randel
2007-09-22, 02:59 PM
I am confused, I thought Kheldar checked that door. That was the door to the room the goblins were originally in.

wait, I thought there were four doors in this room. and the dungeon looked like this:




?????????????????#######
?????????????????#.....#
??????????????####..%..#<-wolf training room
??????????????#......%.#
??????????????#........#
??????????????#.......%#
??###########+#+###############
??#..........K................#
??#............%%%............#########
??#............%%%............#...T...#
??+EF........D................+.......+<- entrance to dungeon
??#...........................#.%%%...#
??#...........................#########
??#...........................#
??#############################

? = unexplored area
+ = door
# = wall
% = monster corpse
T = treasure chest



wait... unless I got the directions mixed up and we came in through the west door, in which case I'm checking out the eastern door and my map is a bit backwards.

Eric

The fighter listens at the door but blinks a little as he wonders if he got the the right one... if its the one heading out of the dungeon he'll just say he's checking to see if more goblins are heading into the place. Curse his lack of direction.

"Wait a second..." he thinks to himself. "If this is the only entrance into the dungeon... maybe we could lay siege to the entire complex by parking ourselves right near the entrance! Then we can kill all the orcs and goblins as they try to leave to get supplies and food! Though we probably should rescue the prisoners first... hungry orcs and prisoners don't mix well."

Slash_712
2007-09-22, 06:22 PM
Behind the wonderful door of happiness, you can hear very low grunts and smashes from a presumably heavy object.

Randel
2007-09-24, 02:02 PM
Eric

I whisper to the group. "I'm hearing some grunting and smashing... might be a large pig of some kind. Or a really grumpy orc."

Naleh
2007-09-24, 02:50 PM
Eric

I whisper to the group. "I'm hearing some grunting and smashing... might be a large pig of some kind. Or a really grumpy orc."

Daethe

"What's the difference?" asks the elf, confused.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-24, 03:12 PM
Kheldar

Growing tired of trying to figure out what was behind Door Number Two, Kheldar moves over to somewhere between Eric & Daethe.
"One of them is smarter and more deadly," he comments with a broad smile on his face that suggests that he's actually referring to the pig.

Randel
2007-09-25, 03:30 PM
Eric

"Plus, you can't make bacon out of orcs... well, not particularly good bacon anyway."

I hold up my hand and whisper to the others. "Okay, I'm going to open this up and head in on three... two... one!" I open the door wide and head into the room, stepping to the side so that the others have a clear shot into the room.

king korath
2007-09-25, 07:42 PM
Francis

I charge and attack what ever is the biggest monster in the room. Power attack for 3.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

ac18 hp34

Slash_712
2007-09-25, 08:13 PM
Ok first since King Korath did not post initiative before his attack, I will declare his results null and void. As Eric opens up the door he finds himself confronted by two large Ogres as should follow
Should be self explanatory.

????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????#
??#*****************#
??#*****************#
??#*****************#
??#*****************#
??#******O******O**#
??#*****************D
??#*****************#
??#################

Please post Initiative

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-25, 08:38 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, hp 16, Init 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1286542) (D'aargh! *Cries*)

"You know what? I stand corrected. Smartness doesn't necessarily mean deadliness!"

Well, it's probably going to be assumed that everyone else will attack these misunderstood creatures. Not to mention that ogres are very big.
Kheldar's going to play this one safe, getting into the room first, then hugging the south wall while going north a bit, and looking for a better position to be in.

Like, somewhere away from the ogre's attention. Because attention is bad.
So, he'd likely be in the southeastern-most corner of the room.
Tumble 25 (to get past that lot of threatened-space) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1286552)

Randel
2007-09-25, 10:09 PM
Eric

HP: 37/37 AC:18

Initiative:[roll0] (+2 dex, +4 from improved initiative)

I move forward and attack the closest ogre with my greatsword, staying to the side so that the others can get a clear shot at it.

Attack:[roll1] (3 BAB, +4 Strength, +1 masterwork sword)
Damage:[roll2] (6 = +4*1.5, +1 masterwork) [damage roll of 17]

I declare my dodge against it for +1 to AC

Naleh
2007-09-25, 11:11 PM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19

[roll0]

Daethe leaps to the doorway to get a better shot at the ogres.

"Can you make bacon out of these, then?" he asks, knocking and firing an arrow at the closer ogre.

[roll1] (+2 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 masterwork, +1 Point Blank)
[roll2] (+2 strength, +1 Point Blank)
I always forget to factor in Point Blank Shot...

EDIT: Okay... A natural 1 on initiative. No worries about blocking the door then.

Slash_712
2007-09-26, 09:12 AM
Eric


Damage:[roll2] (6 = +4*1.5, +1 masterwork)



I don't believe masterwork gives a damage bonus.

Just waiting on Korath to post.

king korath
2007-09-26, 02:18 PM
Francis

(OOC: sorry)

I attack the ogre not engaging Eric. Power attack for three
initiative [roll0]
attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

ac18 hp34

Slash_712
2007-09-29, 10:58 AM
Francis charges in with his weapom im both hands and brings it down on top of the closest ogre opening a huge gash in the ogre's side. Kheldar makes his way through the room with the stealthiness of a halfling and Prepares for his next move. Eric attempts to slash the ogre but it merely lacked the force to push through the ogre rough hide armor. Daethe however, lands a hit with his arrow and he hits the wounded ogre in the head, bringing it crashing to the floor. The second Ogre however, moves towards Francis and lets his club fly towards him.


[roll0]
[roll1]
I call shennanigans on the dice roller

king korath
2007-09-30, 04:19 PM
Francis

Avoiding the ogre's swing I unleash yet another mighty blow. (power attack for three)

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-30, 04:46 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, hp 16, Init 7

"Can you make bacon out of a pile of poop?"
The halfling attempts to move into flanking position with that other ogre.
At which point, *stabby stabby* with his rapier.

[Tumble check 31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1292904)], [To hit 29, Damage 4 + 10 Sneak attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1292905)], [Confirm Critical Natural 20, bonus damage just 2. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1292907) (ignore the extra 2d6)]

Naleh
2007-09-30, 08:24 PM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19, Init 4

"Maybe you can," pants Daethe. "I'm no chef. Although I wouldn't want to eat it." Without breaking stride, he continues from the doorway past the felled ogre to get a better hit on the remaining one. His cloak flutters out behind him overdramatically.

[roll0] (+2 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 masterwork, +1 Point Blank)
[roll1] (+2 strength, +1 Point Blank)

Randel
2007-10-01, 02:26 AM
Eric

I attack the ogre again

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Slash_712
2007-10-02, 02:48 PM
Kheldar rolls and tumbles towards the ogre, at which point, he drives his rapier into his thick hide. Daethe and Francis both miss the ogre.

{I don't think Masterwork adds to damage Randel so please reroll your attack and damage with your damage correct.}

Randel
2007-10-03, 01:21 AM
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Slash_712
2007-10-03, 09:28 AM
Much better randel, but you unfortunately miss the ogre.
Again, the ogre swings his massive club towards Francis hoping to cause a dent in the wall, (forum dice roller permitting)


[roll0]
[roll1]

Randel
2007-10-03, 12:50 PM
Eric

I attack the ogre again

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

king korath
2007-10-03, 02:09 PM
Francis
Ha puny ogres couldn't a barn even if it fell on them. This is how a real man attacks.I swing again still power attacking.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

ac18 hp34

edit (well that did not go to well.)

Naleh
2007-10-03, 03:04 PM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19, Init 4

"And this is how a real elf attacks!" Daethe draws two arrows from his extradimensional quiver and fires them both, one after the other.

[roll0] (+2 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 mwk, +1 Point Blank, -2 Rapid Shot)
[roll1] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)
[roll2] (+2 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 mwk, +1 Point Blank, -2 Rapid Shot)
[roll3] (+2 Str, +1 Point Blank)

EDIT: Oooh, not bad...

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-03, 04:28 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, hp 16, Init 7

"And this is how you get the picture already!" Kheldar calls out as he attacks the ogre with his rapier, just once more.

[25 to hit, 14 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1297902)]

Slash_712
2007-10-03, 07:35 PM
After all the characters have had their say on the ogre, slicing and piercing his poor hide he falls to the ground full of holes. Congratulations. Ok as a side note I have lost my map for this level so I must wing it now.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-03, 07:47 PM
Tsk.

Kheldar

"Okay! So, who wants to test out my theory?" Kheldar asks as he puts away the rapier and readjusts his hat.
...
"I mean the one about ogre bacon. I think it'll taste like chicken, myself. Anyone got a flint? Or some oil?"

Slash_712
2007-10-03, 08:06 PM
Umm Kheldar, your disgusting.

By the way, I think I might have to throw a dragon on you guys so I might hurt one of you instead of giving away little chunks of XP which you will get when you guys want to rest.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-03, 08:19 PM
Kheldar

"Hey! I'm not disgusting! I'm just curious, is all!"
The fourth wall kicks Kheldar in the shin in revenge.

That might work. I think the issue is that we're pretty much all warrior-types, so all the fights so far (direct combat) have been playing to our strengths. Something with a more varied method of attack like a sorcerer or yes a dragon, would have a much-higher chance of challenging us. Be creative.

Randel
2007-10-03, 11:51 PM
Eric

"Well, I suppose we should loot the ogres and see if there is some clue where the prisoners are."

He looks around the room to see if there is any path aside from the one they came in... otherwise the only other place to go is that weird room that nobody could see the interior of even with the door wide open.

Naleh
2007-10-04, 12:39 AM
Daethe

"Wow, Eric! I didn't know you could copy other people's voices!"

The elf moves forward, interested. "Loot's always good. And I've got a flint." He draws his rapier and kneels to cut out a chunk of fresh chicken ogre breast.

king korath
2007-10-04, 08:37 AM
Francis
Can I talk like the elf too? It appears so. Try not to eat too much Ogre meat, I ate some once and got very sick.

I also look for some loot.

Slash_712
2007-10-05, 10:10 AM
Well unless you like heavy blunt objects as big as you, your search yields nothing of interest.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-05, 01:59 PM
*Hugs Randel Goodbye*

Kheldar

"Yeah, they'd probably have broken anything that they might have had with them other than great big blocks of wood," Kheldar comments as he starts striding up north, to the Land of Question Marks.

king korath
2007-10-05, 06:33 PM
Francis

I follow Kheldar, ready to jump in front of him if we encounter any hostiles.

Naleh
2007-10-05, 07:51 PM
Daethe

Daethe takes one last look around, wondering what the ogres had been smashing and how Eric learnt to speak like an elf and vanish.

Shrugging, he grips his bow and follows the remaining two deeper into the, erm, deep.

An elf with a bow, a human with a big sword, and a short guy, questing to rescue kidnapped people... Why does that seem so familiar?

Slash_712
2007-10-06, 08:10 AM
Hey I didn't choose the charcaters, I just run the game, badly, but I still run it. You start down a long hallway past the doors before with torches every 20 feet or so. Something like this.

h________D____
h@@@@@@@@h
D@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@D
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@@@@@@h
h@@@K@@@@h
h@@@D F@@@h

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-06, 01:17 PM
Kheldar

"Ooh, more doors! Can I pick the next one? Can I?" The halfling asks the other teammates enthusiastically. There aren't very many people that can get so excited over a group of doors.

king korath
2007-10-07, 11:30 AM
Francis

Of course you can Kheldar just if there are enemies in the room, get out of my way. I start get ready to protect Kheldar if anything nasty is in the room. (Naleh by they way I have a greataxe not a great sword)

Naleh
2007-10-07, 12:55 PM
OOC:

Hey I didn't choose the charcaters, I just run the game, badly, but I still run it.I wasn't insulting your game or anything. (In fact, this is one of the best I've been in, plus it hasn't died.) I/Daethe was just commenting on the coincidence of it.

(Naleh by they way I have a greataxe not a great sword)...Darn, I should've known that.

IC:
Daethe

"Go ahread, Kheldar," says the elf, amused. "Who knows, there might be treasure in the next one... or trolls..."

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-07, 01:08 PM
Kheldar

"Okay, here goes!" And Kheldar starts spinning around to pick the right door.

[roll0]

Spinning around and sticking his finger out, Kheldar eventually spots and is pointing somewhere just to the left of the door to the left.
"Whoo, okay! That door!" he says while quickly regaining his balance. "That was fun!"

Slash_712
2007-10-07, 08:45 PM
"Go ahread, Kheldar," says the elf, amused. "Who knows, there might be treasure in the next one... or trolls..."

Or both! Kheldar can I get an Open Lock check from you or a Str check depending on your style.

{@Naleh- I didn't mean to say that you thought the game was bad, it's just that this is my first shot at a game. And I am glad it hasn't died. That is thanks to you guys and your patience. I thank you.}

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-07, 09:58 PM
Ditto this game is the best for me so far, too. Especially with a bit of other games being recently knocked out...

Kheldar

Hm... Strength check at +0... or Open Lock at +10?
Surprisingly, Kheldar's gonna go with the Open Lock. Lets just take 10 on this one, so the result'll be an [Open Lock 20].
With any luck, that'll break that lock.

Slash_712
2007-10-08, 07:50 PM
You know what? For kicks how about we throw in a strength check in Chili's next post?

As the lock on the door clicks, the door opens and reveals a room full of beds, totalling ten in total.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-08, 10:29 PM
Kheldar

"Take that, lock! Yeah! Who's da halfling? Ah! Ah! I am! Bi-atch!" and so on. Kheldar even tries to take the door off its hinges so that he can swing it around as proof of his superiority.
[roll0] You wanted it, after all.

Seeing as how he'll fail that, Kheldar eventually calms down and looks into the room with the beds.
"What's the bet that this room has a trap in it? I know you don't usually get this lucky, but hey!"

Slash_712
2007-10-09, 09:15 AM
Actually, with the lock off, that will actually force the door open! Wow!
Anyway, Kheldar if you want to search for traps, go right ahead.

Slash_712
2007-10-11, 08:37 PM
Umm do you guys want to go on with this campaign?

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-11, 10:27 PM
Kheldar

Whoops, sorry. Kheldar was waiting for the others to respond.
But, since they aren't, he'll just walk into the room and start rummaging through all the beds and stuff, looking for secret boxes full of gold or moldy old boots to swing at the next enemies he comes across.
If he springs a trap along the way, well, Kheldar lives for that moment when he can jump back in surprise and yell out "Meep!"

Naleh
2007-10-11, 11:54 PM
Daethe

The archer lounges by the door, keeping a lookout, certain that he'd only get in the rogue's way.

There wasn't that much to say... he thinks to himself

Slash_712
2007-10-12, 10:30 AM
Kheldar searches the room and finds not much in the way of loot, but does find some dull javelins and broken sword shards by the beds. As for traps, nothing goes twang, or for that matter...."Meep!"

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-12, 01:38 PM
Kheldar

"Yep, I'd have lost that bet," Kheldar says after a while of checking the room, and turns back to the rest of the group. "Got these javelins, though, if you don't mind the bluntness." He holds up the javelins for the other(s).

Naleh
2007-10-12, 03:28 PM
Daethe

Daethe examines the javelins, then shrugs and drops them into his magical quiver. "I can always sharpen them later. Well, if that's all in that room, shall we move on? I'm sure there'll be plenty of traps and trolls and treasure and other t's in the next room."

{{OOC: How many? And what's the effect of them being blunt?}}

Slash_712
2007-10-13, 04:01 PM
As for being blunt, they count as improvised javelins.

*cough*camp*cough**cough*sleepforexperiencenow*cou gh**cough*butlockthedoorfirst*cough*

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-13, 04:09 PM
I find it somewhat worrying that king korath hasn't been active on GiantitP for almost a week.
Also: Slash, that's a rather nasty cough you have. Need a losenge?

Kheldar

"Okay, then! Lets pick the door on the other side of the hall, this time!"
Without waiting for confirmation, Kheldar moves over to the door to the east of that hall and checks it for traps/locks.

[roll0]

Slash_712
2007-10-13, 06:40 PM
No I think I will live. Thanks though.

Kheldar discovers that the door is indeed trapped. Oh yeah by the way there were five blunt javelins found in the room.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-13, 06:53 PM
Kheldar

The halfling is almost weeping with happiness. "It's like my birthday...!" He instantly gets out his trusted thieves' tools and sets to work on the trap.

Taking 10 again, because I know that rolling the dice is just going to end up in a spectacular blunder that will no doubt be quite hilarious...
Wait. Never mind.

[roll0]

Edit: I knew it! *Sigh*

Naleh
2007-10-13, 09:21 PM
Daethe

The elf claps the halfling on the back, grinning. "Congratulations, Kheldar. Is it just what you always dreamed of?"

...Huh, he thinks. I could have sworn I just heard a voice telling me it would be a good experience to have a rest in one of those beds... I must have imagined it.

Slash_712
2007-10-13, 09:44 PM
Kheldar the extremely lucky rogue somehow manages to disable the trap. I knew I should have used a higher DC trap, anyway, you hear as the lock comes off, hopefully, groaning from inside the room.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-13, 10:03 PM
Kheldar

The halfling wonders about the nature of the trap that he was miraculously able to disable, as he hears the groans and takes out both of his trusted weapons.
"Figure out who's in there? Or bust in with no fuss?"

Ah, decisions decisions...

Slash_712
2007-10-14, 09:01 AM
I would like to note that I have something special planned here that includes someone or something so if we could delay IC actions for a while, that would be great...................anybody know any really good jokes?

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-14, 01:53 PM
Kheldar

"Okay. A halfling thief notices this cleric of Pelor walking down the street. The halfling sneaks behind the cleric's back and manages to steal that holy symbol thing that they usually have around their necks. Giggling softly, the halfling walks away and approaches the cleric later on, offering to sell this lovely holy symbol to the cleric, who politely nods and says that he already has a holy symbol. The cleric starts to reach for his own holy symbol, when the halfling somehow manages to return the holy symbol to where he found it, so the cleric didn't know that his holy symbol was stolen, and he took it out to prove that he already had one and then put it back, when the halfling stole the holy symbol again right in front of the cleric's eyes - and he didn't even notice! The halfling then convinced the cleric that this holy symbol was much better to the other one, and the cleric agreed to buy it. And that's how a cleric bought his own holy symbol. True story! The halfling was the son of the half-sister of my uncle."

king korath
2007-10-14, 05:52 PM
Francis

That is not a very funny joke.

(OOC: My computer has been dead most of last week so I haven't been able to post.)

Slash_712
2007-10-14, 10:52 PM
Alright then king, prepare your funniest joke or prepare your character for the nerf bat! Don't insult anybody on this forum do it elswhere!

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-14, 10:57 PM
No no, It wasn't funny as a joke, I agree.
But consider when I heard about this situation arise in another D&D game, with a lot of natural 20's being thrown around for Sleight of Hand, and it suddenly becomes a little more amusing.

Naleh
2007-10-15, 02:45 AM
Daethe

The elf clears his throat. Ahem! Three guys, stranded on a desert island, capture a noble djinni, who grants them each one wish spell. The first guy wishes he was off the island and back home. The second guy wishes the same. The third guy says, 'I'm lonely. I wish my friends were back here.'"

king korath
2007-10-15, 08:37 AM
Francis
Prepare for my bad joke. A man walked into a bar. It hurt.

Slash_712
2007-10-15, 09:41 AM
Prepare for Nerf bat King! okay I think I have lost the interest from the outside, but I have a way to fix this, but it might take a while.

Slash_712
2007-10-17, 08:54 PM
Ok, the door is unlocked, and you guys are just about to enter. And.........GO!!

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-17, 10:44 PM
Kheldar

Kheldar draws both his weapons, and kicks open the door. It's the 'bust in with no fuss' option.

Naleh
2007-10-17, 11:57 PM
Daethe

He's a guy with a bow. He does what guys with bows do naturally: he knocks an arrow.

Slash_712
2007-10-18, 08:43 AM
OK, Kheldar busts into the room. Naleh, at the same time, breaks an arrow for no apparent reason {OOC- I know what you meant, just having a joke here, haha, not funny.}, only to find a scared girl huddled into a small corner of the "room" like so.......
____________
I@@@@@@GI
I@@@@@@@I
D@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
_____________

Self-explanatory?

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-18, 01:23 PM
Kheldar

...
The most innocent-looking halfling ever who was most certainly not going to butcher little girls, carefully puts away the shortsword (note-not the rapier) and looks at Daethe (Whose name is not Naleh) awkwardly.

"Uhm... Adventurer Rescue Operations? Freeing prisoners from savage creature for 10 years running!"

Slash_712
2007-10-18, 01:32 PM
The girl still seems very scared and crawls further into the corner of the room constantly staring at the halfling. Oh yes sorry about the whole Naleh thing. Daethe brakes an arrow. Okay we are good.

Naleh
2007-10-19, 03:18 AM
Daethe/Naleh/ElfGuy/etc.

The ranger starts to grumble about his broken arrow (:smallwink:) until he realises just what the room contains. All his weapons immediately vanish into the depths of his quiver.

Apparently, the thought this could be a trap does not even touch the elf's mind. He walks forward, and kneels unthreateningly about ten feet away from the girl. His face shines with all the compassion an elf can muster, which is saying something.

"What's wrong?"

Slash_712
2007-10-19, 09:36 AM
The young girl still quivers with fear, but as the elf comes foward, she tries to shove herself further into the corner. As the Elf's sincere eyes meet the girl's she asks in a high, scared voice.......

"Who are you?" She says, tears streaming down her face.

king korath
2007-10-19, 12:27 PM
Francis

Unsure of my people skills I wisper Daethe let Kheldar handle this.

(OOC I should be able to post more soon as I am finially fixing my computer, this weekend)

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-19, 01:18 PM
Kheldar

The halfling looks at Francis, keeping his distance from Daethe and the girl. "What, why? Elf-Guy seems to be doing as good of a job as anyone," he says in a half-whisper.

king korath
2007-10-19, 02:25 PM
Francis

As long as i don't have to do it. I can't connect well with kids, seeing as I never had a real childhood. I whisper back to Kheldar.

Naleh
2007-10-19, 03:22 PM
Daethe

The ranger-turned-diplomat seems unaware of the whispers behind him. "I'm Daethe. I'm an adventurer." He grins, trying to put the girl at ease. "You know, you can't get much further into that corner."

Naleh wonders whether he should make a check, or keep roleplaying. He shrugs and goes with the roleplaying for now. Meanwhile, Daethe's hawk, which Naleh had apparently forgotten about, hops into the room and looks at the girl with curiosity. At this point, Naleh is very confused as far as point of view goes.

Slash_712
2007-10-20, 08:46 AM
The girl looks a little less scared and she stands up to look at you.
"So your not here to kill me? Then why are you here?" She says wiping some tears from her eyes.

Slash_712
2007-10-22, 01:56 PM
If you want to roll something, roll Diplomacy.

Naleh
2007-10-22, 11:41 PM
Huh. I was positive I'd replied already... I remember accusing the others and everything... I even remember saving a backup to my computer, but I can't find it now... :smallconfused:

Daethe

"No, no. We'd never hurt you-- would we, guys?" He glares back at Kheldar and Francis, and their weapons.

"We originally came here to rescue some prisoners. That's you, isn't it?"

And if it helps (although with my luck, it probably won't): [roll0]*

* Lost my original sheet with the fall of RPGWebProfiler, so this bonus is an estimate.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-23, 01:04 AM
Kheldar

The halfling looks at his rapier in surprise, as though he had no idea the weapon was even in his hand.
Grinning sheepishly, he tucks his rapier back into its sheath.

king korath
2007-10-23, 08:44 AM
Francis

I also put my weapon away.

Slash_712
2007-10-23, 01:34 PM
The girl gets up and starts to smile. "I am glad of that. You don't look like orcs anyway. Where are you going to go? I am not capable of getting out of here alone. Could I go with you?" No sooner than these words leave her lips than a large Orc comes into the room with two swords drawn.

"There you are, Intruders!" He shouts as a wolf comes out from behind him, growling and showing his sharp teeth.

Initiative please.

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-23, 01:45 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, Hp 16/16, Init 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331902)

"Hey! This is a private function, no orcs allowed!" Kheldar turns around, draws both of his weapons, can't wait for when he gets himself bloody Quick Draw, and attacks the orc.
[To hit 16, 2 Damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1331908)]

Naleh
2007-10-23, 02:12 PM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19
[roll0]

The elf leaps protectively in front of the girl. He grabs his bow from within his quiver, and opens fire on the orc.

"You shan't touch her again!"

Feeling the strength of his emotion, even the hawk swoops down on his foe.

[roll1] (+2 BAB, +3 dex, +1 mwk, +1 Point Blank, -2 Rapid)
[roll2] (+2 str, +1 Point Blank)
[roll3] (+2 BAB, +3 dex, +1 mwk, +1 Point Blank, -2 Rapid)
[roll4] (+2 str, +1 Point Blank)
[roll5] (+2 BAB, +3 dex, +2 size)
[roll6] (-2 str) (minimum 1)

____________
I@@@@@@GI
I@@@@@D@I
DO@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
I@@@@@@@I
_____________

EDIT: . . . crud.

Slash_712
2007-10-23, 02:19 PM
Oh yes, if you have lost your sheet to mechanical disfunction into the abyss of nothingness, then kindly remake your sheet and post it on the OOC which is probably buried pretty deep now, or PM it to me.

Orc Init

[roll0]

king korath
2007-10-23, 09:49 PM
Francis
Ac18 Hp34

I wip out my greataxe and attack the orc screaming Die you scum. power attack for 3 as usual.

initiative [roll0]

attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Slash_712
2007-10-24, 09:13 AM
Daethe shoots off two arrows that both shoot past the orcs head as he ducks and weaves, however while he was off balance, Daethes hawk manages to dig it's claws into the orcs flesh. Francis takes out his axe and charges the orc, but in his fury, he swings aimlessly and misses. Hold off for a while so I can get home where I have the orc sheet all made out, unfortunatley that means waiting till at least tonight, or more. Can you guys do that?

Slash_712
2007-10-25, 09:45 AM
Okay here we go.......
The orc swings in a flurry of attacks at Francis

For Francis

[roll0]
[roll1] (+2 if your human, and don't lie)
[roll2]
[roll3] (+2 if your human)

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-25, 01:13 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, hp 16/16, Init 7

Kheldar will attempt to move into flanking position with Francis via a 5-ft step. If that isn't possible, then he'll tumble to flanking position (or the best position for Francis to move to flank) instead.

[Tumble Check 18 (If not 5-ft stepping), To hit 24 (22 if not flanking), 2 damage, 8 SA damage (0 if not flanking) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1335781)]

king korath
2007-10-25, 05:27 PM
Francis
Ac16 Hp21 tmp Hp6
Grunting a sword slides through the side of his rip chage Francis still manages to dodge the secound attack. Die you vile peice of orc excriment! I rage and Power attack for three.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1] (subtract one to the damage because I added 4 instead of three to the damage)

Naleh
2007-10-26, 12:37 AM
Daethe
AC 16, HP 11/19, Init 21

I'm sure you can imagine. If he was a barbarian, he'd be Raging.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] (minimum 1)

Slash_712
2007-10-26, 10:11 AM
Kheldar, actually can't flank, but manages to pierce through the orc's armor and hits flesh. Francis unfortunately, in his rage misses the orc again. Daethe shoots out two arrows again, but thos time, one hits home, but his hawk doesn't manage to pierce the armor a second time.

king korath
2007-10-26, 12:23 PM
Francis
Hp21 Ac16 Temp hp 6
I attack again no power attack this time. three rounds of rage left.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll]1d12+9[/roll

king korath
2007-10-26, 12:24 PM
Damage is [roll0]

The_Chilli_God
2007-10-26, 01:10 PM
Kheldar
AC 19, hp 16/16, Init 7

Can't flank, you say?
That's dandy.

Well, Kheldar has both weapons out, and (after wondering for a little while why the orc isn't attacking back) will now use them to conduct as much stabbities as possible.

[23 to hit, 4 damage
18 to hit, 1 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1337233)]