PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Fae Blooded (Bloodline)

Westhart
2017-04-24, 07:36 AM
Fae Blooded

Level

Minor

Intermediate

Major

Hide +2

Hide +2
Prestidigation 1/day

Charisma +1

Hide +2
Prestigation 1/day
Disguise self 1/day

Fey Affinity +2

Charisma +1
Minor Image 2/day

Bluff +2

Prestidigation 1/day
Disguise Self 1.day
Fey Heritage

Dexterity +1

Fey Affinity +2
Disguise self 2/day, speak with plants 1/day

Fey affinity +4

Charisma +1
Minor Image 2/day
Hide in Plain Sight

Move Silently +2

bluff +2
Charm Monster 1/day, minor image 2/day

Wisdom +1

Disguise self 1/day
Fey Heritage
Fey Legacy

Fey affinity +6

Dexterity +1
Seeming 1/day, speak with plants 2/day, Disguise self 3/day

Sense motive +2

Fey affinity +2
Disguise self 2/day, speak with plants 1/day
Feign Enchantment

Prestidigation: The fae blooded can cast presitidigation once per day as a caster of their HD [major], ½ HD [intermediate], ¼ [Minor].

Disguise Self: Fae blooded retain some of themagical blood of Faerie. They may casts disguise self 1/day as a caster of their HD [major], ½ HD [intermediate], ¼ [Minor]. At 10th level if they have a major bloodline they may use it 3 times a day at 18th. If they have an intermediate they can use it 2/day at 20th level.

Fae Affinity: The kin gain the indicated bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with fey creatures..

Minor Image: Fae have the power to change their environments to appeal to others, at least at first. The Fae descended gain the ability to use Minor image 1/day as a spell like ability, caster level equals HD (major) or ½ (Intermediate). At 14th level a major bloodline can use this ability twice per day.

Fey Heritage: The relations to the world of Faerie has grown, they gain Fey Heritage1 as a bonus feat. If they already had Fey Heritage they can select any feat that they qualifiy for and requires it as a prerequisite.

Speak With Plants: Fae are drawn to the natural world, and they can use speak with plants 1/day as a spell like ability. Their caster level equals their HD {major} or ½ {Intermediate}. A Fae descended with a major bloodline can use this spell like ability 2/day at 18th level.

Hide in Plain Sight: The Fae blooded can use the hide skill in any natural terrain, even while being observed.

Charm Monster: The Fae’s natural charming is universal, they can use charm monster as a caster of their HD 1/day. This is a spell like ability.

Fey Legacy: The Fae descended gains fey legacy as a bonus feat.

Seeming: The Fae descended has learned how to help her close friends look different. She may now use seeming as a spell like ability once per day. Caster level equals HD.

Feign Enchantment: Fae blooded can absorb the energy of enchantment effects used on them, allowing them to know the intended effect. The Fae Blooded can then pretend to be affected, fooling even detect magic, arcane sight, and similar effects, since the absorbed energy is displayed in the Fae blooded aura for the duration of the effect or until the Fae blooded dismisses it. Only by winning an opposed Sense Motive check against the Fae Blooded Bluff check result can a viewer discern that she is not enchanted.

1Complete Mage

Stored cuz I got an idea :belkar:
Fae blooded

Level

Minor

Intermediate

Major

Perform (string instruments) +2

Hide In plain Sight

Charisma +1

Hide In plain Sight
Breath of the Nixie

Fey Affinity +2

Charisma +1
Feign enchantment

knowledge (nature) +2

Hide In plain Sight
breath of the nixie
touch of the sirine

Dexterity +1

Fey Affinity +2
Bite of the Glaistig

Fey affinity +4

Charisma +1
Feign Enchantment
Grig Strings

perform (wind instruments) +2

knowledge (nature) +2
Blinding beauty

Wisdom +1

Breath of the Nixie
Touch of the sirine
Mind Freeze aura

Fey affinity +6

Dexterity +1
Flute of the Banshrae

Bluff +2

Fey affinity +2
Bite of the glaistig
Master of the hunt’s Defence

Hide in plain sight: The Fae blooded can use the hide skill in any natural terrain, eve while being observed.

Breath of the nixie: A Fae blooded becomes amphibious able to breathe in both water and land, just like a nixie.

Feign Enchantment: Fae blooded can absorb the energy of enchantment effects used on them, allowing them to know the intended effect. The Fae Blooded can then pretend to be affected, fooling even detect magic, arcane sight, and similar effects, since the absorbed energy is displayed in the Fae blooded aura for the duration of the effect or until the Fae blooded dismisses it. Only by winning an opposed Sense Motive check against the Fae Blooded Bluff check result can a viewer discern that she is not enchanted.

Touch of the sirine: With a touch attack a fae blooded can deal 1d4 intelligence damage (2d4 on a crit), or they can heal 1d6 intelligence damage caused by this ability or by an actual sirine.

Bite of the glaistig: A Fae blooded can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained.

Grig Strings: When a fae blooded plays a stringed instrument, any foe within 30’ must make a will save (DC: 10+¼ level+Charisma modifier) or be affected as though by Otto’s irresistible dance for as long as she plays.

Blinding Beauty: Any humanoid within 30’ of a Fae blooded must suceed on a fortitude save (Dc: 10+¼ level+charisma modifier) or be blinded permanently as the blindness spell. They may Supress or resume this ability as a free action.

Mind Freeze Aura: As her heritage to the fae increases a Fae blooded gains access to a Frostwind virago’s Mind freeze aura. At the end of each of a Fae blooded turns, creatures within 30 feet of her must succeed on a Will save (DC=10+¼ level+Charisma modifier) or be shaken for 1 round. Those who fail by 5 or more are dazed for 1 round, and those who fail by 10 or more are stunned for 1 round. The Fae blooded can suppress this ability at will as a free action and is immune to other mind freeze auras.

Flute of the Banshrae: Each round, a fae blooded can play its flute as a swift action to create one of the effects detailed below. Opponents within a 60-foot-radius spread who can hear the flute can be affected (Will DC negates, 10+Cha modifier+¼ level), the effect ends if an enemy can no longer hear the music creating it. These are sonic mind-affecting abilities.

Dread Dirge: This mournful tune creates deep unease. Affected creatures are shaken. This is a fear effect.
Gibbering Sing-Along: This melody forces listeners to blather meaningless sounds. Affected creatures fail Move Silently checks, give away their positions if invisible or hidden, cannot talk, and cannot cast spells that have verbal components.
Traveler’s Tune: This ditty forces affected creatures to move at least 20 feet on their turns.

Master of the hunt’s defense: The fae blooded gains some of the properties of a Master of the Hunt1, She ignores the maximum dexterity of any armor she wears.

1Monster Manual 5, page 202

Now, with this they gain fe powers over time, but I feel that some may be OP, so please PEACH :smallsmile:

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-28, 04:22 PM
I came here from the PEACH exchange thread.

Looking this over, the big issue I see isn't that it's overpowered (though it pretty much is- 6+ high power abilities), but that it's extremely unfocused- you essentially grabbed an ability from every fae you wanted to represent, and shoved them all in one bloodline. That doesn't really work out, for two reasons- one, because a bloodline is generally about having one ancestor who you have the ability of, not multiple, and two, because the result is extremely unfocused.

I would personally cut literally all of the special abilities and replace them with thematically focused abilities.

Usefully, there's a guy, don't see him around anymore, who did a ton of bloodlines to pull from, and there's one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?197669-3-5e-Bloodline-The-Magyk-Touched-(PEACH))we can take abilities from pretty easily, then rebalance from there if there are particular abilities we want to keep.

So, for the Major bloodline, we have
L2: One first level spell, 1/day.
L4: A zeroth level spell, 1/day. It is a little out of order, I guess?
6: A 2nd level spell, 2/day.
8: Saving throw bonus against... let's say, illusions. +1.
10: 1st level spell is now 2/day, 3rd level spell 1/day.
12: Appropriate feat- perhaps Fey Heritage? Another feat if you already had it. Could also put Hide in Plain Sight here.
14: 4th level spell 1/day, 2nd level spell now 2/day
16: Saving throw bonus up to +2.
18: 5th level spell 1/day, 3rd level spell now 2/day, 1st level spell now 3/day.
20: Unique ability! I suggest Feign Enchantment, it feels appropriate (immunity to enchantments is pretty good!)

My suggestions for spells:
0-level: Presdigitation.
1st level: Disguise self.
2nd level: Minor image, Invisibility, or Tasha's Hideous Laughter.
3rd level: Speak with Plants.
4th level: G. Invisibility, Hallucinatory Terrain, or Charm Monster.
5th level: Seeming.

Westhart
2017-04-29, 06:20 AM
I came here from the PEACH exchange thread.

Looking this over, the big issue I see isn't that it's overpowered (though it pretty much is- 6+ high power abilities), but that it's extremely unfocused- you essentially grabbed an ability from every fae you wanted to represent, and shoved them all in one bloodline. That doesn't really work out, for two reasons- one, because a bloodline is generally about having one ancestor who you have the ability of, not multiple, and two, because the result is extremely unfocused.

I would personally cut literally all of the special abilities and replace them with thematically focused abilities.

Usefully, there's a guy, don't see him around anymore, who did a ton of bloodlines to pull from, and there's one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?197669-3-5e-Bloodline-The-Magyk-Touched-(PEACH))we can take abilities from pretty easily, then rebalance from there if there are particular abilities we want to keep.

So, for the Major bloodline, we have
L2: One first level spell, 1/day.
L4: A zeroth level spell, 1/day. It is a little out of order, I guess?
6: A 2nd level spell, 2/day.
8: Saving throw bonus against... let's say, illusions. +1.
10: 1st level spell is now 2/day, 3rd level spell 1/day.
12: Appropriate feat- perhaps Fey Heritage? Another feat if you already had it. Could also put Hide in Plain Sight here.
14: 4th level spell 1/day, 2nd level spell now 2/day
16: Saving throw bonus up to +2.
18: 5th level spell 1/day, 3rd level spell now 2/day, 1st level spell now 3/day.
20: Unique ability! I suggest Feign Enchantment, it feels appropriate (immunity to enchantments is pretty good!)

My suggestions for spells:
0-level: Presdigitation.
1st level: Disguise self.
2nd level: Minor image, Invisibility, or Tasha's Hideous Laughter.
3rd level: Speak with Plants.
4th level: G. Invisibility, Hallucinatory Terrain, or Charm Monster.
5th level: Seeming.

Hehe, yes believe it or not Welknair's were inspiration for mine and I was worried that it was too unfocused as you said... but I am not sure whether I like just giving them a bunch of spell likes... Hmm, will think about this more ovr the weekend... This ended up being more growing towards fey then fey descended :smallbiggrin:

Westhart
2017-04-30, 06:38 AM
changed it as suggested, think it is good now