PDA

View Full Version : This is purely bragging but......

NecroDancer
2017-04-30, 09:53 AM
WARNING: This post is just me bragging about how lucky I am.

Last session after some tricky scheming (that I almost ruined) we managed to get to level 9. We also were obligated to meet and sacrifice our friend to an Arcanaloth. Although we found numerous loopholes in the Arcanaloth's contract we decided to try to kill him because we're level 9 (and the cleric really wanted a magic item that the Arcanaloth was wearing).

So during the first part of the battle it goes fairly well. We managed to survive the first few hard hits and had the Arcanaloth on the defensive but then the Arcanaloth started to use spells to that could breach my globe of invulnerability (the fact that I pissed him off earlier didn't help), I got hit with a "Finger of Death" and survived thanks to the "Tomb of Levistus" invocation then after 2 more rounds (and a "Chain Lighting") I got hit with an 8th level "Finger of Death", I survived but at 1 hp, I still can't believe it (the DM rolled the damage before our eyes) but I survived 2 fingers of death within 2 rounds (no healing in between either). However there is a downside, my earth elemental is now free from my control and the session ended with the Arcanaloth on the run.

Unoriginal
2017-04-30, 10:54 AM
Arcanaloth should have teleported inside your Globe and attacked you there, rather than using suboptimal methods

NecroDancer
2017-04-30, 11:21 AM
Arcanaloth should have teleported inside your Globe and attacked you there, rather than using suboptimal methods

I'm actually not half bad at melee combat as I have green flame blade, no penalty to strength, a magical staff, and 22 AC.