PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Clone Womb of Superior Beings - PEACH!

Jon_Dahl
2017-05-01, 12:12 PM
Clone Womb of Superior Beings

This is item resembles a two-gallon jar with a heavy metallic gadget on the top (the top and the gadget are removable) and a stern mithral-crafted base.

First, diamond dust worth 1000 gp must be placed inside the item and the item must be filled with fresh water. After that, a willing subject may be cloned in a process that requires an alchemist laboratory and 8 hours of uninterrupted work. The process requires full cooperation from the subject and the cloner, who must be a 9th-level caster or higher.

At the end of the process, the subject must willingly expend 500 XP and suffer one point of constitution drain, which cannot be healed short of divine intervention. Failure to provide either or both components will cause the spell to fail.

The diamond dust will form a fetus, which will grow within the “chamber” for two months. After that it will grow up to become an adult ten times the normal rate (for a creature of that race). It will reach all the age categories ten times faster. It will also learn new classes faster, which means that it can learn a new class and gain its first level in that class in six months. This training refers directly to Table: Random Starting Ages.

The new creature will have its own personality, possibly randomly determined (DM’s discretion), and it will have its own memory and independent life.

The only major difference is that the clone will grow up to look exactly like the original host on the moment of cloning, with the same height and body structure and so forth. Once the clone reaches adulthood, it will also have the same ability scores as the host, but five of the ability scores (randomly determined) will receive 1d6-2 bonus. Note that it is possible to receive -1 “bonus”, if you are unlucky with the dice.

Regardless of the alignment and personality, the clone will feel strong aversion, antipathy and disgust towards its host at all times when the host is present, but this has no game mechanic effect.

Strong necromancy; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item, clone, eagle’s splendor, bull’s strength, owl’s wisdom, cat’s grace, fox’s cunning, bear’s endurance; Price 100,000 gp; Weight 30 lb.

Shark Uppercut
2017-05-03, 01:54 PM
Regardless of the alignment and personality, the clone will feel strong aversion, antipathy and disgust towards its host at all times when the host is present, but this has no game mechanic effect.

1) Why? There are already a ton of drawbacks.
2) Who would use this?
It's too slow and unwieldy to be used by most standard adventurers.
Undead that can spare 2-3 years to raise a mini-me are immune to Con drain.
Dragons would rather raise fanatically loyal half-dragon soldiers, even if it takes 15-25 years.
NPC tyrants wouldn't want a mini-me that hates them.

The only people that would use it are governments that are trying to clone a super-soldier they have, and don't care about super-soldiers of different generations working together.
So basically it's Les Enfants Terribles from Metal Gear Solid.
I take it back, this is awesome.

Jon_Dahl
2017-05-03, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated! The first thing that I will do is cut the price significantly. Other than that, I think I will leave it like that.

noob
2017-05-03, 02:27 PM
Well what happens when an elan use it and then that the created elan use it again and so on indefinitely do you get a creature with thousand of points in every stats and becomes adult and learn a class in less than a split second?(and do not die in a split second because elans live forever)
On the other hand for non immortal creatures you can not stack this more than two of three times(else it die 10000 times faster).

Jon_Dahl
2017-05-03, 04:10 PM
Well what happens when an elan use it and then that the created elan use it again and so on indefinitely do you get a creature with thousand of points in every stats and becomes adult and learn a class in less than a split second?(and do not die in a split second because elans live forever)
On the other hand for non immortal creatures you can not stack this more than two of three times(else it die 10000 times faster).

Good point, I have to exclude immortal races. Thank you!