PDA

View Full Version : Darn

NecroDancer
2017-05-15, 09:54 PM
For some reason my computer hates me and I lost everything on my drive. Luckily it was a chrome book and I didn't have anything of major importance but I lost all my campaign notes.

Now I will have to restart my campaign and I have to break the news to my players.

Kane0
2017-05-15, 09:59 PM
My feels go out to you. I also know the pain of lost D&D notes, and dead hard drives.

RazorChain
2017-05-15, 10:19 PM
I just lost my hard drive as well...but I'm old and experienced so I keep a backup

NecroDancer
2017-05-16, 02:34 PM
I plan to print my notes out as well just in case

Velaryon
2017-05-16, 03:03 PM
My sympathies - I've had this happen as well. In my case though, I was able to recover some things because I have a player who takes good notes and also because we have a web forum we post a lot of content on. Still though, I lost a bunch of information and notes that took a lot of time to replace.

Rather than starting the game over, is it possible to reconstruct some of your notes from memory and help from your players?

Piedmon_Sama
2017-05-16, 03:35 PM
Wow that really sucks. If something like that happened to me I think I'd just call for a break from DMing for a while, I don't think I could deal with all my notes going up in smoke at once. Good luck to you.

Honest Tiefling
2017-05-16, 05:26 PM
Offer bonus EXP to any player willing to make an IC or OOC journal of what has already happened in the game. May not be much, but its better then nothing and might smooth out the situation with the players being disappointed.

RazorChain
2017-05-16, 07:07 PM
There are also services that are free like google and one drive where you can store files. I use it a lot to transfer files between my computer and my tablet and so I can access and store my campaign plans wherever I am.